TV: Iron fist season 2 (September 7 2018)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So looks like one of the villains will be a long time Daredevil one, Mary Walker aka Typhoid Mary. In the comics she usually works for the Kingpin so makes me wonder if we will see him at all in season 2 of Iron Fist even if he has been exclusively a Daredevil character so far. She is also a mutant with disassociative personality disorder who has three powers in pyrokinisis, telepathy and telekinesis. But whether she uses them and how depends on if her "good" or "bad" personality is in charge. Be interesting to see how she fits in and how different she will be.

Season 2 furthers the transformation of Danny, a character with a fish out of water coming of age story making his way in a harsh new world, battling to work out who he is. This season, Danny has promised that with Matt Murdock gone, he will step up and protect his city. But a sinister plot twist threatens his very identity and he must conquers his villains to protect the town and people he holds close to his heart.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They hired the fight choreographer from Creed and Black Panther and the new showrunner confirmed a more comic accurate Danny Rand/Iron Fist, including suit. All of this was confirmed at the panel at Comic-Con.

Reactions: Huggy43

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Definitely looks better then Season 1 but that doesn't say a lot considering how bad season 1 was.

Although honestly I think in hindsight I actually preferred Season 1 of Iron Fist more then Luke Cage. Both shows were really bad for me and I couldn't even get through season 2 of Luke Cage.

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and now The Punisher are fantastic series' that are almost instant binge watches for me when they come out. But Iron Fist and Luke Cage lag so far behind the other three right now.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
Didn’t realize this came out until this morning. 4 epeisodes in and it’s much better than the first season which didn’t exactly set the bar high in the first place.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm on episode 7 and just like with Luke Cage season 2, they're taking their time developing characters and they're doing an equally good job of it here. What they're doing in just a season amounts to basically several years of a comic book series. Mary Walker is a real complex characters and they're treating her well so far.The acting and chemistry are better and the fight scenes as well. But, for some reason it seemed like they nerfed Colleen, until episode 6 or 7. Funny thing about the fight scenes, one Asian character (played by Fernando Chien) had one short fight scene and it was apparent that he was more experienced at martial arts than Danny and Davos. :laugh:

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I know a lot of people had their criticisms about the show but this was my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series. Will watch when I get home.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Seen all of Season 1 and 4 episodes of Season 2. Excluding the Punisher which I haven't seen, this is the weakest of the Netflix Marvel shows.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Gonna watch it now. Season 1 was absolute trash so I dont have high expectations.

EDIT: 2 Episodes in now, this is waaaaaaaaaaay better then Season 1. Still not on the level of DD or JJ, but easily better then Luke Cage and the Defenders series. Worth the watch so far.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm on episode 9 and surprisingly Jessica Henwick has been the star of this season. Finn Jones has been better as well, Henwick's performance has been the highlight for me though.

Edit: holy shit that ending to the episode!

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Only 10 episodes? I don't know it this is the start of a trend but it worked with this season. Just finished the last episode and wow. Some plot turns I did not see coming. First off,
Colleen got the Iron Fist from Davos because Danny felt it changed him or was like a drug. And she was able to extend it to her sword! Second, Danny and Colleen broke up! :( Third, Colleen is a descendant of the first female Iron Fist! Fourth, Danny seemed to have gotten it back at the end and was able to extend it's power to the guns he's now using!
:scared: :eek:

I have to say that that I enjoyed this season much more than season 2 of Luke Cage. Even though we never actually did see the comic book outfits...

Also that Daredevil season 3 teaser...

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I think I'm 5 or 6 episodes deep: The actress playing Mary is KILLING IT!

I'm enjoying this season as much as any Marvel Netflix series not named Daredevil

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Through 7 episodes now. Mary/Walker is proving to be an incredible addition to the series. The actor is doing a fantastic job with it and the character itself is creating some very interesting story lines.

I'm also a pretty huge fan of Wards development this season especially from where things ended in Season 1.

At this point I'd probably say this season is as good as anything Marvel has done in the Netflix world, with the only exception for me being Daredevil Season 1, and The Punisher Season 1. It's as good as anything else though. A complete 180 on what the first season brought.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just finished.

Only DD Season 1 was better. Fantastic season really, and the ending leaves me quite excited for Season 3 as well.

Also,
I am so damn excited to see what comes of Mary Walker going forward in the MCU. Alice Eve is doing a brilliant job with the character and I really want to see Bloody Mary or Typhoid Mary finally manifest. I suspect she's going to have a fairly significant part in DD Season 3 given her comic origins and her relationships with Fisk. Really curious about her origins in Sokovia as well. Wonder if that turns out to be a stronger connection between the MCU movies and the Netflix series.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This might be the stupidist show.
Ohhh come on. The first season had its issues, but the second more than made up for it.

Looks like we will see more of the history of the Iron Fist and also get another Fist in Orson Randall who does have a backstory with the Rand's in the comics. Agree with many that Alice Eve was great as Mary to the point I didn't care that she didn't have her abilities from the comics.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Really liked this season. Glad they finally cut back to 10 episodes...because 13 was too much for all the shows not named Daredevil. This season didn't lose steam at all.and ended at the right time.

Danny is my least favorite defender but the supporting characters in Iron Fist are far superior to those in Jessica and Luke IMO. Ward is fantastic and was what I enjoyed most in season 1...having him, Joy, Mary, Misty, and even Colleen this season was great.

The overall story and villian seemed kinda cheesey...but they really committed to it and in the end it played out pretty well.

Ending was cool. Hope to see a little crossover in Daredevil...particularly with Mary. I know another Defenders season isnt planned...but I think all 4 of these characters should continue to have team ups and be involved in each others lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad