Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The fact that he thinks it's a false positive tells us he's asymptomatic, which is a positive.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd rather see them separated. Both will look good regardless, and they'll make other players better. Keep Johnson a d Joseph together on the 3rd line. Lots of depth.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos removed from the protcol list, looks like a false positive. Could be back as soon as next game.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I'd rather see them separated. Both will look good regardless, and they'll make other players better. Keep Johnson a d Joseph together on the 3rd line. Lots of depth.

Also, the hope of developing more chemistry elsewhere on the roster. The nuclear option of pairing the two always exists in a late game scenario or come playoff time, and of course they should get some regular time together when possible just so that they don't lose the connection. But it's better for the overall development of the roster the more Point and Stamkos play with others as well.

That this team is playing as well as it is without Kucherov is also, maybe in a perverted way, a bit of a blessing for when we hope Kucherov can make it back come playoff time. But, to be fair, it does require Kucherov to be able to work his way back towards the top of his game after not having played a competitive game in almost nine months, and to do so come playoff time. It would be best if he doesn't need to be leaned upon so quickly.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

"I felt good, ready to go tonight," Stamkos said. "It's exciting to get back."

Stamkos did not play the past two games. He had a lower-body injury, sustained during the third period at the Nashville Predators on Feb. 9, and was placed on the NHL COVID-19 protocol list Friday. He was removed from the list Sunday.

"To be honest, I had a really, really good possibility that was a false positive, just the way the whole process works with the amount of testing that we're doing, the rapid testing, the regular testing," Stamkos said. "It's bound to happen. It's happened a few times to other players in the League. We're pretty strict with their protocols here. We kind of had a really good sense that it was going to be positive and it turned out it was. The last couple of days [stunk] because you can't skate, you can't go in with the guys, you can't get the treatment that you want. But that's the protocol and it's to create a safe environment and I'm just excited to be back."

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Besides linemates I don’t think stamkos was good in a vacuum, but neither was anyone really. We’re allowed to have a bad game. Bonus that we got two points out of it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Besides linemates I don’t think stamkos was good in a vacuum, but neither was anyone really. We’re allowed to have a bad game. Bonus that we got two points out of it.
Stamkos had a quiet game, but I don't think he was bad either. He has never been (outside of limited bursts), been a play driver. But if you put him with a play driver, he's normally going to convert some of that play into points.

The problem with the linemates is Johnson is a bad hockey player now, and Killorn is inconsistent and more suited to being a third wheel on a line. So there's no one to really set up a cycle, carry the puck, and get the puck to Stamkos. It's just a really poorly constructed line.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Stamkos had a quiet game, but I don't think he was bad either. He has never been (outside of limited bursts), been a play driver. But if you put him with a play driver, he's normally going to convert some of that play into points.

The problem with the linemates is Johnson is a bad hockey player now, and Killorn is inconsistent and more suited to being a third wheel on a line. So there's no one to really set up a cycle, carry the puck, and get the puck to Stamkos. It's just a really poorly constructed line.
Ok whatever, but he didn't take a face-off and he's one of our key guys so what on earth does that say

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad