Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

giphy.gif

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It would be interesting if both Cirelli and Stamkos are out for Saturday, not that I want that. Bolts would have enough time to make a call up from Syracuse as opposed to just using Smith off the taxi squad.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I mean no Kuch, Stammer or Cirelli. That’s really tough to deal with.
Yeah, if all 3 are going to be out for any extended period, then JBB should consider a move. The team will face considerable problems vs actual competition without them, and likely would have little chance at a Cup run if all 3 were out during the playoffs. Stamkos sounds like he’ll be back soon though, and can only hope Cirelli is back quickly.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Now are we really surprised?????? Since 2012 Stammer has only had 4 seasons where he played 70 or more games. Don't get me wrong hes a hell of a player but if hes not on the ice well it hurts. And without him and Kuch this becomes a average team. Vasy has to step up now.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Idk how long this team keeps up without Cirelli and Stamkos. Although Stamkos doesn't seem bad but I'm fine with them keeping him out a few games.

Losing Cirelli hurts though. We'd have to slot useless Johnson into 2C

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Only gives others more opportunity to show what they have and help us down the road. Aside from serious injury, wouldn't be too worried about anything. Not sure how the callup/taxi squad situation works exactly, would there be any hurdles to recall ABB or someone else? It's gotta be time for Smith to get in a game here too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This guy's luck is unreal. Had an amazing start to the season and now who knows how long it will take him to get back up to speed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This guy's luck is unreal. Had an amazing start to the season and now who knows how long it will take him to get back up to speed.

I don't think there's been a point in the 2.5 years where he's needed to "get up to speed", everytime he's returned he's been fine.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Can't wait for full on bubble again, crazy how many players/teams are going down with this.

I don't expect any kind of bubble during the regular season, but I fully expect one for the playoffs at this point and I think the players would have to agree with that as well, much as we all know they didn't like it the last time. It's the only chance of realistically getting the postseason done in a timely order.

Thankfully, for their sake, if we're assuming that the postseason itself would be more "normal", that meaning eight teams from each conference instead of last year's qualifying round + round robin add-ons, then we can look to last year and see the postseason-proper began on August 11 and ended on September 28. That's 49 days (51 if the SCF went 7) for the two teams that go the furthest, fewer days than that for teams eliminated prior to that. Of course, there is also the bubbling period ahead of time; I'm seeing last year's reporting dates were July 26 with the first competitive games (excluding the one-game tuneups each team had) beginning on August 1. So add an additional five days to that 49 number.

Either way, it won't be popular, but there's really not a good alternative otherwise. Either COVID protocols will decimate rosters entirely, cause dis-coordination with playoff series, and don't forget that what do you do in the third round when the token Canadian team is there? We can't count on the border being reopen, so the Canadian team will probably be stuck in the US for the rest of their run at that point, which is hardly fair to them.

The bright side is that we'd have all day hockey again in the first two rounds of the playoffs. That was a ton of fun last season, even if it was for all the wrong reasons.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't expect any kind of bubble during the regular season, but I fully expect one for the playoffs at this point and I think the players would have to agree with that as well, much as we all know they didn't like it the last time. It's the only chance of realistically getting the postseason done in a timely order.

Thankfully, for their sake, if we're assuming that the postseason itself would be more "normal", that meaning eight teams from each conference instead of last year's qualifying round + round robin add-ons, then we can look to last year and see the postseason-proper began on August 11 and ended on September 28. That's 49 days (51 if the SCF went 7) for the two teams that go the furthest, fewer days than that for teams eliminated prior to that. Of course, there is also the bubbling period ahead of time; I'm seeing last year's reporting dates were July 26 with the first competitive games (excluding the one-game tuneups each team had) beginning on August 1. So add an additional five days to that 49 number.

Either way, it won't be popular, but there's really not a good alternative otherwise. Either COVID protocols will decimate rosters entirely, cause dis-coordination with playoff series, and don't forget that what do you do in the third round when the token Canadian team is there? We can't count on the border being reopen, so the Canadian team will probably be stuck in the US for the rest of their run at that point, which is hardly fair to them.

The bright side is that we'd have all day hockey again in the first two rounds of the playoffs. That was a ton of fun last season, even if it was for all the wrong reasons.

They're getting a bubble, there's no way they can risk playoff delays.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
By the time playoffs are around vaccines are supposed to be available to everyone so it won't be a bad look for NHL teams to get them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad