Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
People on the main boards seem to think he'll magically be good to go Game 1 of the playoffs as part of some cap circumventing conspiracy but I have a feeling it will be another 2020 playoffs Stamkos scenario. Really hope I'm wrong. It's a weak division for the regular season so I have some confidence that the team will be fine but playoffs without Kucherov would be really rough.
When is the playoff start date? I'm guessing like mid may?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
People on the main boards seem to think he'll magically be good to go Game 1 of the playoffs as part of some cap circumventing conspiracy but I have a feeling it will be another 2020 playoffs Stamkos scenario. Really hope I'm wrong. It's a weak division for the regular season so I have some confidence that the team will be fine but playoffs without Kucherov would be really rough.
Playoffs start in May. I don't think its enough time.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
giphy.gif

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
this sucks... best wishes to Kuch,Hopefully he will be healthy as fast as possible,but wont rush it. The team must play for him now,like they did for Stammer in PO)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks, I’ve been spending a fair amount of time on the WJC’s Threads and missed the news the last few days. This was a gut punch this afternoon when I read it on the Main Board.

I couldn’t read much there as many of the Members were so focused on the so-called “benefits” of cap relief.
CEA3E3E6-B404-4169-9E55-1C7EE3AC666D.gif

As if losing one of the best players in the world is a benefit! I know several of you have probably said it already and better than I have, so I won’t go further.

I’ll just say that I hope the hockey gods will grant Steven a healthy season to offset the loss somewhat and give Kuch a quick and full recovery.

All the best to everyone here and your families as we approach the Holidays. Enjoy the WJC’s.

Edit: I’ll go back through this Thread now so don’t be surprised if you get late “likes”

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I don't really care whether we lose him for the the RS, or even the playoffs... What frightens me is a permanent post-surgery complication.

Are there conspiracy theorists saying it's all fake ?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
It's a tough blow but Tampa will be fine. The team is more than talented enough to still win their division, and Kuch has a good chance to be ready by some time in round 1, or at the latest round 2 probably. He'll have close to 4.5 months of recovery/rehab time by the start of the playoffs. It reminds me considerably of 2015 Chicago, when Kane came back for the playoffs and gave them, unfortunately for the Lightning and everyone else, a huge boost. No reason to think this can't happen with Tampa this year.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Can we, just once, have a completely healthy roster? This is getting ridiculous. Stammer expected back, finally, and now Kuch out for the season. And our bonus prize is we now get to watch TJ contribute nothing, again.

Thank God we won the Cup because imagine how stupid this would all be if we hadn't.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Let's put it this way - a key injury and the playoffs are a question now. Vasi goes down and we are f***ed.

I mean, this team just won a Cup with Steven Stamkos playing about two minutes out of the ~1530 that the Lightning played during the playoffs. In a sense, this is just replacing Stamkos with Kucherov if we assume Steven is ready to go now (which in itself might be a big ask).

I'm much more concerned about potential ramifications on Kucherov himself going forward.

EDIT - I misread your post to an extent. "A key injury" meaning another injury on top of Kucherov is what I assume you meant, given your Vasi example. I do stand by the general idea of what I wrote.

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Hope for a good recovery, Kuch!

Don't forget to reactivate him as soon as he is well. He ain't dead or something!

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I mean, this team just won a Cup with Steven Stamkos playing about two minutes out of the ~1530 that the Lightning played during the playoffs. In a sense, this is just replacing Stamkos with Kucherov if we assume Steven is ready to go now (which in itself might be a big ask).

I'm much more concerned about potential ramifications on Kucherov himself going forward.
Not even close. Kuch is the engine of this team. Hence all the assists. Stammer isn't anywhere near the playmaker much is...it's a huge loss.

Damn. Get better kuch. This sucks

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Offense will be just fine. Point is fully capable of carrying a line, I'd throw Stamkos next to Point and see if we can get another dominant duo going. Palat with Cirelli has worked well in the past also.

Glad they're doing it now instead starting the season hurt and then risking it even further, 5 months is how long it usually takes to get back on the ice after this kind of injury.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad