Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Kucherov had no obligation whatsoever to rush towards an operation as soon as the season ended. That's his time to relax and do whatever the F he wants (if he so chooses), it's honestly laughable that anybody has a problem with it.

Given our situation (and just general common sense), why would he do anything other than wait until the parameters are laid out for the upcoming season before making that kind of decision?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I think point had it done in June and was back in late October but we don’t know how bad Kucherovs hip is for sure . Makes sense why we want zetterberg now because they can put Kucherov and zetterberg on IR maybe you sign Mike Hoffman to a one year deal ? Then sign cirell, Joseph, volkov and cernak. What they can hope is Kucherov is out for the regular season and if we can make the playoffs without him we can have him back in May or June !
I can't think of any situation where we take on more money and contracts that aren't ELCs.

BOLTFAN

Oct 5, 2020
Kucherov had no obligation whatsoever to rush towards an operation as soon as the season ended. That's his time to relax and do whatever the F he wants (if he so chooses), it's honestly laughable that anybody has a problem with it.

Given our situation (and just general common sense), why would he do anything other than wait until the parameters are laid out for the upcoming season before making that kind of decision?
Not laughable at all. IF it was decided he needed surgery then (which I doubt), a professional would certainly not put it off simply to "relax and do whatever the F he wants."

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
if

Kuch is obsessed with playing hockey and obsessed with doing right by his teammates. Just watch him play, or listen to him talk.

There's no way he was relaxing at the cost of playing in games this season. If he put off surgery, it's because the surgery was going to cost him games and there was a possibility that rest would cure the injury.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
For fantasy purposes, what does the top power play look like now?

Hedman
Point
Stamkos
Killorn

Will the fifth be Cirelli or Palat?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Not laughable at all. IF it was decided he needed surgery then (which I doubt), a professional would certainly not put it off simply to "relax and do whatever the F he wants."

Like someone said above, it's on "company time". I'm not talking about relaxing during the season, I'm talking about the offseason where he didn't have to elect a major operation immediately after the conclusion of the playoffs. I'm sure he was checked out then and they've had their eye on whatever is nagging him, perhaps he had something done already for all we know.

I do think he and the team are fully aware of the LTIR implications, and waiting for certain things to become official behooves both parties as opposed to having an operation months ago with the upcoming season still in flux.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Really sucks about Kucherov. Was excited to see how he was going to be after winning a cup. Hope he will be ready to go during the playoffs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Supernatural-Dean.gif

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Funny all speculation about Stammer on LTIR and it ends up being Kuch the one there.

We still have to trade Killorn to make this work, right?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Funny all speculation about Stammer on LTIR and it ends up being Kuch the one there.

We still have to trade Killorn to make this work, right?

So they don’t need to make a move but it’s still probably in our best interest if we can

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

So they don’t need to make a move but it’s still probably in our best interest if we can

I don't think we can actually sign Cirelli until Kuch goes to LTIR, which can't be done till the start of the season.

That said, I hope we still trade Johnson. Keep Killorn

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don't think we can actually sign Cirelli until Kuch goes to LTIR, which can't be done till the start of the season.

That said, I hope we still trade Johnson. Keep Killorn
If the Bolts can move Johnson, that’ll be super helpful. JBB can then rely on the expansion draft next offseason to move that 2nd contract instead of having to trade it right now

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
On the brightside, our team has the potential to be absolutely stacked come playoff time. Keeping Killorn is huge.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
People on the main boards seem to think he'll magically be good to go Game 1 of the playoffs as part of some cap circumventing conspiracy but I have a feeling it will be another 2020 playoffs Stamkos scenario. Really hope I'm wrong. It's a weak division for the regular season so I have some confidence that the team will be fine but playoffs without Kucherov would be really rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad