Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

tumblr_oywa0oznTJ1w8f7y5o1_500.gifv

Didn't Hedman look like he rolled his ankle so bad last postseason that we thought he would miss time? Then he's back the next game playing 25+ and on his way to the Smythe. I don't believe Hedman is too hurt to miss a playoff game till I see it myself.

I think he'll play but the fact that he's played bad since being injured means we can't expect him to turn it around magically at this point. He is what he is right now, and that might be a liability more than an asset, considering we needed him to be Conn Smythe worthy last year.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
So it happened on that dirty f****g play by Columbus. Of course, let me slide across the ice 10 feet and take out your legs when you are pinned against the boards

Reactions: Hoek

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The Lightning cup came after a long break. And they got healthy. Will this team ever be firing on all cylinders again when it matters? So frustrating

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Lightning cup came after a long break. And they got healthy. Will this team ever be firing on all cylinders again when it matters? So frustrating

Give them all the last game off and it'll be closer to 2 weeks to recover than not. Unless the guy who says "Hedman needs surgery" has an inside source who somehow blabbed (I call bullshit on that) we're gonna have see how it plays out.

I don't have a hell of a lot of faith in us outscoring our problems but I have faith we are gonna figure it out

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Give them all the last game off and it'll be closer to 2 weeks to recover than not. Unless the guy who says "Hedman needs surgery" has an inside source who somehow blabbed (I call bullshit on that) we're gonna have see how it plays out.

I don't have a hell of a lot of faith in us outscoring our problems but I have faith we are gonna figure it out
Outscoring our problems means Kuch and Stammer come back firing and that’s a big ask. I do think Pointer will have more ice with Kuch on his wing allowing him to be potentially dominate

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Before. Stamkos was there helping him off the ice.

March 30th to be specific. Still played 24 minutes that night.

I can't remember the play in question but I definitely remember making jokes about "more ways to abuse LTIR incoming" before he returned minutes later.

Huh, if only it had been able to work that way.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm the farthest thing from a doctor, but maybe it's a knee injury based on the awkward twist he makes in that video? Skating is a relatively low impact activity on your knees, which would explain how he's been able to play through it.

I tore my patellar tendon two years ago and roller blading was the only form of cardio I could do pain-free. I imagine other aspects of the game would be difficult. He seems to shy away from net battles which would certainly be a stressful act.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Goodrow and Maroon out for tomorrow

Bolts have ABB, Gemel Smith, and Daniel Walcott on the taxi squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->