OT: iPhone app for Anaheim Ducks games + 2 tickets to opening night

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Hey all,

I created an iPhone app that alerts you when a chant is about to happen at sporting events (starting with the Anaheim Ducks).

I'm looking to gather feedback from fellow Ducks fans.

The idea is simple: each event will have at least one crowd leader who is responsible for starting chants. People who have subscribed to that event will receive a notification when a chant is about to start.

What are your initial thoughts on this concept?

I created a seven question survey if you'd be so kind to fill it out. : )

Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M5XSFQT

I'm also giving away 2 tickets (lower level) to opening night on 10/17. I don't want to break any rules so please PM me for more information.

Thanks!

Eric

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Very interesting idea, i hope you`ll have success!

Completed the survey. At least that would be one good use of a smartphone in the arena. Everything must happen via vibrating signals though :laugh:

I usually try to keep phone in my pocket during the interesting sporting events but ussually check the notifications if i ''feel'' them

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Very interesting idea, i hope you`ll have success!

Completed the survey. At least that would be one good use of a smartphone in the arena. Everything must happen via vibrating signals though :laugh:

I usually try to keep phone in my pocket during the interesting sporting events but ussually check the notifications if i ''feel'' them

Yep. It's built to vibrate your phone even if your phone is on silent. : )

Of course you'll be able to turn off this feature.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
I like the concept a lot. I would definitely subscribe to this. If it could work, you should put an audio recording of each chant for people who want to learn them before hand:) just a thought haha

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I worry about the crappy reception that is usually at a majority of sporting events.

Yep, this is definitely on our radar. We'll be testing the app during preseason games, and continue to monitor the situation as the season progresses.

We're also exploring other possible solutions.

Hopefully it works well in Anaheim, would love to get more fan participation. I took the survey, hope it helps :)

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad