Introductions/Behind the Posters II

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Glad you had a great time and the weather was cooperative for you. Swope Memorial is a good course. It's just a couple miles to the east of my house. I'll play it at least a couple times every summer. Haven't played Stone Canyon yet, but hear good things. I'm a member over at Indian Hills Country Club over across the state line in Kansas and play quite a bit over in Lawrence, KS at Eagle Bend where my best friend is the course superintendent.

I take it you went to the gas station location for Joe's? There's more than a couple locations across the city, but the original is still pretty good to experience at least one. So many great BBQ choices in KC. The competition is such that you can't find a bad joint.

The drive down from Minnesota isn't too bad since it's just I-35. Not a glamorous drive, but better than the one I drive up I-29 to see my son play ball up in North Dakota.

What kind of ball? Baseball, or hoops? College? Went to a BBQ place called Q39 last time i was in KC...outstanding!

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Hi all! long time reader, finally decided to sign up. My name is jim. HUGE wild fan not so much a fan of other sports. played hockey as a kid (long ago). A little right wing and a lot of goalie.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Hi all! long time reader, finally decided to sign up. My name is jim. HUGE wild fan not so much a fan of other sports. played hockey as a kid (long ago). A little right wing and a lot of goalie.
Welcome to the boards!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Welcome!

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Welcome to the boards.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Name: Derek or DJ

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu when he is pissed

Fav Current Wild: Zucker

Fav Non Wild Players: Jagr

Fav Wild Prospect: Sokolov

Fav Non Wild Prospects: none

Fav Movies: depends on mood, have watched almost a thousand probably. Anchorman is always good for some quotes.

Music: mostly rock/metal/screamo but a good mix of stuff if im not playing hockey

Hobbies: pond hockey, coaching, video games, watching nhl and nfl, dogs, getting outside and fishing or swimming etc.

Fav food: Meatloaf

Fav Beer: Budlight

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: became a fan after my dad took me to a minnesota moose game. got a jersey and everything then when the wild were introduced into the nhl i hopped on the bandwagon and never left.

How long I have been a Wild fan: since they arrived

Origin of screen name: Hockey buddies joke, were talking to some girls and my nickname is DJ so made something up for what the letters stand for.

Jerseys owned: Koivu, Parise USA jersey

Married?: engaged

Kids:1 baby girl

Reactions: Wild11MN

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Name: Mark

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian Gaborik.

Fav Current Wild: Koivu

Fav Non Wild Players: Darren Helm and Mike Green

Fav Wild Prospect: N/A

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Libor Sulak

Fav Movies: The Shining, Halloween 2, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street

Music: Rock, Heavy metal

Hobbies: Ice skating, guitaring, graphic arts

Fav food: Fried rice

Fav Beer: Corona

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Honestly pretty lame but I only started liking them because of their Cjrist

How long I have been a Wild fan: 4 years

Origin of screen name: lost my drivers license one time and a cop was condescending

Jerseys owned: Hossa, Helm, Gaborik, Parise

Married?: Nope

Kids: Nope

Reactions: Wild11MN

Helvinutt

Sep 4, 2014
Hi, I'm transitioning from a long time board observer to an occasional contributor and with a couple of early games ahead, it's ideal timing

Name: Phil

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu

Fav Current Wild: 1) Koivu 2) Spurgeon 3) Brodin

Fav Non Wild Players: Haula, E.Karlsson, Eichel

Fav Wild Prospect: Belpedio

Fav Non Wild Prospects: N/A

Fav Movies: Donnie Darko, Fight Club, Requiem For A Dream, anything directed by Wes Anderson

Music: Mainly Alt/Indie. Top bands include Foals, Everything Everything, Glass Animals

Hobbies: Football (soccer), travelling, gigs

Fav Food: Tough question and probably changes daily. Right now....Beef Rendang

Fav Beer: Brewdog Elvis Juice

How I became a fan: Mix of Logo, relative obscurity here, Mikko Koivu

How long I have been a Wild fan: 4 years

Jerseys owned: Plain 18/19 season home

Married?: No

Kids: No

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hi, I'm transitioning from a long time board observer to an occasional contributor and with a couple of early games ahead, it's ideal timing

Name: Phil

Welcome!

Now for the real question, which football club do you support?

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm a Man UTD fan. It's nice to say that with a bit of pride for the first time in a little while... Thank you Solskjaer
Yeah, United apparently should have fired Mourinho months ago, lol. They look a totally different team under Solskjaer.

I follow Spurs. Saw them beat Real Madrid at Wembley last year; it was a hell of an experience!

Helvinutt

Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, United apparently should have fired Mourinho months ago, lol. They look a totally different team under Solskjaer.

I follow Spurs. Saw them beat Real Madrid at Wembley last year; it was a hell of an experience!

Oh wow, what a game to go to! Wembley's often a bit quiet, but I bet it was rocking that night.

And whilst Ole has injected some fresh optimism, there's a high chance of a reality check at Wembley next Sunday

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oh wow, what a game to go to! Wembley's often a bit quiet, but I bet it was rocking that night.

And whilst Ole has injected some fresh optimism, there's a high chance of a reality check at Wembley next Sunday
Gigs? You play?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm a Man UTD fan. It's nice to say that with a bit of pride for the first time in a little while... Thank you Solskjaer

I'm not following too closely anymore, but remember Solskjaer's playing career. Absolute delight to watch, baby face with monster's attitude, the super sub.

My team Liverpool comes with mother's milk. My mother was the football fan and player in our family when I grew up. We watched Premier League (or it was First Division back then), days of Grobbelaar etc..

Later, of course Hyypiä's period was spectacular to watch.

Nowadays I've been mainly following hockey.

Welcome!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
All of you with your fancy boy clubs. Try following Newcastle. Now THAT takes a real man!o_O

wfode09

Jan 16, 2017
Name: Scott

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Gaborik

Fav Current Wild: Dumba, Greenway

Fav Non Wild Players: Stamkos, Ovi, Josi

Fav Wild Prospect: Kaprizov

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Any UND Players

Fav Movies: Forrest Gump, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Dumb and Dumber

Music: Tool (or anything involving Maynard), Chevelle, Deftones, Queens of the Stone Age

Hobbies: Golf, Fastpich Softball, Watching sports, movies

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Sam Adams Boston Lager

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Got into hockey in high school (mid 2000s) been a huge fan since

How long I have been a Wild fan: See above

Origin of screen name:

Jerseys owned: Clutterbuck, Stamkos, UND Jersey

Married?: No

Kids: Not that I know of

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad