Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Name: Nino

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, Granlund, Niederreiter

Fav Non Wild Players: Ovie, Josi, PK Subban, Elhers and Kucherov

Fav Wild Prospect: Tuch

Fav Movies: Everything that includes Schwarzenegger, except for those 2/3 movies that never existed so I do not know why people still claim that he was once pregnant. In general I like stuff that goes BOOOM, has close to no plot, and dialogues are a collection of badass one-liners. Exception to it, some twisted Korean movies and the spaghetti westerns.

Music: It goes in waves but, as for movies, I hate showing offs of technique, so not much metal I appreciate. If you do not consider Neurosis, Isis and that kind of stuff like metal, 'cause I love those bands. Better if instrumental. Everything that comes from Iceland seems to hit something in me, though.

Hobbies: At the moment, trying to get back some sleep, in normal circumstances it would be climbing, fishing and camping somewhere in a place with not much people around. Better if a place where I can do all the three things in just one trip.

Fav food: Pasta e fagioli. Which is a pasta soup with beans, but just the way they make it in Venice. Forget about the pasta e fagioli from other parts of Italy, they put tomato sauce in it. Shame on them.

Fav Beer: In general anything it is not the worst beer in human history: Ringnes. I am particularly fond of Menabrea (the one from the 150 years anniversary) and Old speckled Hen

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: The moment I was bored, I found out that the Wild were playing at dinner time and Niederreiter was goin to play. I watched, I liked what I saw.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Not much I'd say.

Origin of screen name: I randomly bumped into the history of the Saint Patrick Battalion around the time I registered for the forum, the name stuck in my head and I used it. Pretty cool story.

Jerseys owned: Mostly the one of my team. I have a Swiss National team one and a Milano Rossoblù one. Best Jersey ever, in my opinion.

Married?: Not quite. Not yet. Maybe in the future

Kids: A year and a half boy

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Name: Nino

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, Granlund, Niederreiter

Fav Non Wild Players: Ovie, Josi, PK Subban, Elhers and Kucherov

Fav Wild Prospect: Tuch

Fav Movies: Everything that includes Schwarzenegger, except for those 2/3 movies that never existed so I do not know why people still claim that he was once pregnant. In general I like stuff that goes BOOOM, has close to no plot, and dialogues are a collection of badass one-liners. Exception to it, some twisted Korean movies and the spaghetti westerns.

Music: It goes in waves but, as for movies, I hate showing offs of technique, so not much metal I appreciate. If you do not consider Neurosis, Isis and that kind of stuff like metal, 'cause I love those bands. Better if instrumental. Everything that comes from Iceland seems to hit something in me, though.

Hobbies: At the moment, trying to get back some sleep, in normal circumstances it would be climbing, fishing and camping somewhere in a place with not much people around. Better if a place where I can do all the three things in just one trip.

Fav food: Pasta e fagioli. Which is a pasta soup with beans, but just the way they make it in Venice. Forget about the pasta e fagioli from other parts of Italy, they put tomato sauce in it. Shame on them.

Fav Beer: In general anything it is not the worst beer in human history: Ringnes. I am particularly fond of Menabrea (the one from the 150 years anniversary) and Old speckled Hen

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: The moment I was bored, I found out that the Wild were playing at dinner time and Niederreiter was goin to play. I watched, I liked what I saw.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Not much I'd say.

Origin of screen name: I randomly bumped into the history of the Saint Patrick Battalion around the time I registered for the forum, the name stuck in my head and I used it. Pretty cool story.

Jerseys owned: Mostly the one of my team. I have a Swiss National team one and a Milano Rossoblù one. Best Jersey ever, in my opinion.

Married?: Not quite. Not yet. Maybe in the future

Kids: A year and a half boy

:yo:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It occurs to me that I've been posting for a couple years, never answered these questions.

Name: Shane

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Gabby, still breaks my heart every time we play against him. Honorable mention to the Boogeyman, RIP.

Fav Current Wild: Nino, Zucker, Granny, Suter

Fav Non Wild Players: Meh, any of the star players as long as they are putting up some highlight goals. I enjoy and appreciate a good agitator as well, even though I HATE them with a passion when we play against him, so Ott get's an honorable mention.

Fav Wild Prospect: Kunin, Kaprizov

Fav Non Wild Prospects: I honestly don't pay attention to other teams prospects, other than when there's a McDavid or Eichel.

Fav Movies: Walk Hard, Band of Brothers (not a movie, I know), Dumb and Dumber, Star Wars (First three and then the new ones), The Matrix

Music: Metal, lots of metal. Huge Tool fan. Dark Tranquility, Insomnium, Overkill, Amon Amarth, Saor, Redemption, Fates Warning, Katatonia, Pallbearer. Honestly, WAY to much to mention. I have also branched out in my old age to Blues (it kills me I never got to see BB King) and hip-hop (specifically what I define as White Boy hip-hop like Doomtree and all of their members, No Bird Sing, Sadistik, Atmosphere, etc)

Hobbies: Gaming, running, tennis, golf, hunting, fishing.

Fav food: Pizza. I could eat pizza every day. Also just started Hello Fresh, I'm digging it so far.

Fav Beer: Depends on the mood: Guinness, Surly Furious, Mich Golden

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: My favorite moment is Granny's game 3, diving, game winning goal. Just can't beat that.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since they came into the league. Started casual and am now full blown hard core addicted

Origin of screen name: 13F = Forward Observer

Jerseys owned: One Nino jersey. Almost bought a Vanek jersey!

Married?: no

Kids: Nope.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Might as well start with this as a new poster.

Name: Juho

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mike Modano

Fav Current Wild: Ryan Suter - Jared Spurgeon and Jonas Brodin not far behind

Fav Non Wild Players: Jonathan Toews, Pekka Rinne, Victor Hedman, Vladimir Tarasenko, Alexander Ovechkin and anybody who hits often and hard like Ryan Reaves

Fav Wild Prospect: Joel Eriksson Ek

Fav Non Wild Prospects: The only one I'm really interested in is Jesse Puljujärvi

Fav Movies: Original Star Wars trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy, the God Father trilogy, Braveheart, Last of the Mohicans are first ones that come to mind.

Music: Everything Metal. Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Slipknot, Diablo, Slayer, Metallica, Testament, Nightwish ("metal") just to name a few.

Hobbies: Hockey, Tennis, computer gaming

Fav food: Anything that has chicken breast in it.

Fav Beer: Almost any will do

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: I'm too young to be a North Stars fan, but I grew up watching Dallas Stars and especially Modano. After Modano hoisted the Stanley Cup I became interested in his history and the Minnesota North Stars. I started following Wild when Gaborik entered the league but I didn't become a fan until Koivu was drafted.

How long I have been a Wild fan: 05-06 season.

Origin of screen name: Don't even remember. It's as old as the internet.

Jerseys owned: #22 Clutterbuck

Married?: No

Kids: No

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I will have to brush up on my Suomi...

Which is to say; learn more than how to count, ask for directions and a few kinda funny things you should not say to women at a club :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looked back at the old thread... I haven't updated in years... so here's an update....

Figured I should update mine since it was from so long ago...

Name: Bryan

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Neal Broten

Fav Current Wild: Mikael Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Ovie, Burns, and Patrick Kane (this is a very bitter sweet player to like I HATE him, yet how can you HATE a player that plays like him?).

Fav Wild Prospect: Kaprizov, Tuch, Greenway

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Casey Mittelstadt this kid can PLAY!

Fav Movies: Star Wars stands above all... but since I absolutely love movies in general, I'll list Inception, Interstellar, The Dark Knight, Silence of the Lambs, Sin City, Memento, The Machinist, The Usual suspects, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, Resevoir Dogs, Clerks, etc, etc, etc... (it really could go on and on and on! ANYTHING Christopher Nolan does)

Music: Metallica, Tool, No Doubt, Beastie Boys, Sevendust StainD, Static-X, Disturbed, Black Label Society, Godsmack, Pantera, Megadeth...

Hobbies: Sports (Football/Hockey), Video gaming, rollerblading, skiiing (downhill and water).

Fav food: Chicken... preferably fried.

Fav Beer: Leinie's Honey Weiss

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Well, I'm a hockey fan through and through, so when the Wild were announced as an expansion franchise I was instantly a fan... but the first Wild game I went to (intentionally) was Dec 17th, 2000 vs the Stars. Had to be there to truly open the new era against the team that ripped out my heart when they had moved 7yrs earlier! The Wild TROUNCED the Stars 6-0!!!!!

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since the Wild were announced as an expansion franchise.

Origin of screen name: Used it in early video game RPG's. Since I am already a fan of Raptors (birds of prey) and they all have talons... it seemed to fit the mid-evil fantasy realm. Yeah, I know... I can be a nerd.

Jerseys owned: All authentics... White Neal Broten #7 North Stars, White Marian Gaborik #10 Wild, Green Pascal Dupuis #11 Wild, Red Brent Burns #8 Wild, Green Dwayne Roloson #30 Western All-Star, White Mark Parrish #21 Wild, Red Brian Rolston #12 Wild, Green Mikko Koivu #9 Wild... all before the crappy RBK Edge jersey was created. I have since caved... it was inevitable... but I do now also have White Mikael Granlund #64 Wild and a Green Matt Dumba #24 Wild both RBK Edge authentic.

Married?: No

Kids: No kids, but I do have a Blue Quaker Parrot named Mikko (yes, named after Koivu!) and have 1 cat. The cat is named Punk'in. Punk'in is also nick-named Demon Cat!

Mikko

Punk'in (aka Demon Cat)

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I too own a cat.

Teddy is cute af

12027554_10153515938390709_2579901202438018699_n.jpg

10367720_10152983506295709_7847784253482113981_n.jpg

11025815_10153016016810709_8212199870548567085_n.jpg

10376843_10152476722560709_4928964579435448757_n.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Awww... Teddy is cute!

Punk'in also happens to be extremely photogenic!

Meanwhile, Mikko is an absolute HAM! Loves posing for the camera!

Mikko in full Dinosaur growl!

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Oh man, I'm just realizing we need a pet thread. I have none, so I appreciate all the pictures.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Is it named after the former F1 driver? And if so, whenever your dog does something naughty, do you go "Luca Bad-you-are?"

Named by my wife. She couldn't name more than 2 F1 drivers.

edit: She named 5. (well technically 6 if you count Schumacher as 2)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->