Introduction To The 2012 Draft

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
As part of our new site relaunch, scouting director Dan Stewart has put together a series of articles 'introducing' some of the more notable names and players by position and status in the draft.

A four-part series, we've already released three.

The first was a look at Nail Yakupov and his nine challengers for the throne of being the first overall pick. The second turned to netminders and who rules the crease of 2012. The third and most recent release takes a look at the plethora of blueliners available. The fourth takes a look at the forwards in 2012 and will be up on the site later this week.

Are you a future #1?
Between the pipes of the 2012 draft
Patrolling the blueline of the 2012 draft
Forward thinking at the 2012 draft

Which I guess begs the following questions:
-Who is the biggest threat to Yakupov right now?
-Is there a goaltender that will be taken in the first round?
-Which blueliner(s) need to be getting more attention?
-Who can join the big four up front?

Also, from our 'Keep an eye on' series:
Keep an eye on the WHL
Keep an eye on the OHL
Keep an eye on the QMJHL
Keep an eye on the USHL

We had the 'Keep an eye series' in another thread somewhere I cant find, but it just makes sense to keep it in here since this is all a 'first look' type of thing.

Last edited:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Great series Aaron.

-Who is the biggest threat to Yakupov right now? Grigorenko, Murray and Forsberg have to be the biggest threats

-Is there a goaltender that will be taken in the first round? Much like last year, there won't be a goaltender selected in the first round. In today's NHL, the goaltending market is quite viable so I cannot see a team using a high pick on a goaltender

-Which blueliner(s) need to be getting more attention?Cody Ceci and Derek Pouliot are two defenders who I am quite high on but Matt Finn could pull a "Stuart Percy" and surprise people on how high he goes next June

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
One of our Ontario scouts, Sean Lafortune, recently passed on his thoughts on who has impressed and who hasn't from the OHL in this young season.

With the first month of the Ontario Hockey League season moving towards a conclusion, its time to take a quick peek at some players that have impressed and struggled, as well as some names to watch for future drafts.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/ohl-impressions-in-october-2/

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Hello,

I just thought that I could ask whether it´s possible to order this Introduction to Finland?

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com

IkeaMonkey*

Lincoln Stars forward Kevin Roy and Indiana Ice forward Robbie Balligareon, November’s hottest USHL draft eligible prospects, both put together impressive point streaks and saw their draft stock rise.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/ushlers-on-the-rise-in-november/

I will eat my bloody shoe if Kevin Roy gets drafted. Unless the Kevin Roy I've seen so far this season was playing on wooden legs and after taking a handful of "hockey sense NON-enhancing drugs", there's no chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad