Introduction Thread II

Delling

Jan 12, 2017
Geneve
Name: Ben

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Canadiens

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Leafs, Lightning (since 2004)

Favorite Player(s) All time: Leclair, Desjardins, Gagné, Primeau, and Current: Ghost, Couts and G
Hated Player(s): Tucker, Avery, Stevens, and many others...

Position (if you play): Never played ice hockey in my life, which is somewhat of a regret

Flyers fan since: 1998-1999. playing NHL98, choose Flyers to play (don't know why...) and great fan since, Watched all the games every night during play off run in 2004 ... The year that we HAD to won...
Reading this forum since 2-3 years nearly each day, but my poor English prevent me from participating lol!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Name: Ben

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Canadiens

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Leafs, Lightning (since 2004)

Favorite Player(s) All time: Leclair, Desjardins, Gagné, Primeau, and Current: Ghost, Couts and G
Hated Player(s): Tucker, Avery, Stevens, and many others...

Position (if you play): Never played ice hockey in my life, which is somewhat of a regret

Flyers fan since: 1998-1999. playing NHL98, choose Flyers to play (don't know why...) and great fan since, Watched all the games every night during play off run in 2004 ... The year that we HAD to won...
Reading this forum since 2-3 years nearly each day, but my poor English prevent me from participating lol!

Welcome Ben :yo: Don't worry about your English - there are native speakers on here who can barely put a sentence together :laugh:

CowboyDan

Jan 28, 2017
Germany

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Kings

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins and Devils

Favorite Player(s) All time: Luc Robitaille

Favorite- Ghost, Voracek, Konecny

Hated Player(s): Crosby has such a punchable face...

Position (if you play): None.

Flyers fan since: Not very long...I grew up in California so I would watch kings games when they were on. I now live in Germany and randomly decided to watch hockey last year after not watching in 15+ years. I had no idea what team to root for, so I flipped on a flyers game and have been hooked on this frustrating team since.

:flyers

Last edited:

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Name jim
Age 46
Occupation U S steelworker
Fav team flyers by far
Hated teams pens, rags, Devils
Fav. Players lindros,roenick,dejardins,timonen
Hated players Crosby,Sean Avery,Scott Stevens
Position Dman
Flyer fan since 1974
Wow a lot of "kids" post here compared to us old guys lol
Location central pa

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Kings

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins and Devils

Favorite Player(s) All time: Luc Robitaille

Favorite- Ghost, Voracek, Konecny

Hated Player(s): Crosby has such a punchable face...

Position (if you play): None.

Flyers fan since: Not very long...I grew up in California so I would watch kings games when they were on. I now live in Germany and randomly decided to watch hockey last year after not watching in 15+ years. I had no idea what team to root for, so I flipped on a flyers game and have been hooked on this frustrating team since.

:flyers

Small world. My Dad lived just outside Detmold for a couple of years in the 1980's.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
Been registered on here since 2011 but haven't really posted much (mostly a reader). Since I started posting a little more, I think it's time for me to fill one of these out.

Name: Brandon

Favorite Team(s): Flyers (what a silly question)

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils, Rangers, Caps

Favorite Player(s) All time: Eric Lindros, John LeClair, Peter Forsberg

Favorite- Giroux, Provorov, Konecny, Voracek

Hated Player(s): #87

Position (if you play): Haven't done much playing recently but I was a forward (mostly wing) through out college.

Flyers fan since: 2nd grade or so. My dad wasn't much of a sports fan and I happened to become friends with a bunch of hockey guys. First game was 3/13/97 - Lindros scored with 40-some seconds left in OT to beat the Oilers 5-4.

Look forward to discussing some puck with you guys (and gals?). We're getting close! :stanley:

Feb 8, 2017
Hello Flyers board! I've been reading the boards for a while (admittedly, probably too much of the trade board, but it's a guilty pleasure reading the mostly terrible ideas and merciless criticism) and thought I might introduce myself. I posted at some other boards in high school and college, but kind of went offline the past few years (read: my computer went on life support and I waited to get a new one.)

Name: Andrew

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Rangers, Devils, Penguins, closely followed by the rest of the NHL

Favorite Player(s): Sami Kapanen, Keith Primeau (circa May 2004)

Most Hated Player(s): Goons and agitators (except current Flyers). Avery, Marchand, Neil come to mind.

Position (if you play): I was goalie when my brother and I played with our street hockey sticks using the patio table as our goal. Only skated maybe 3-4 times in my life. Can't stop or go backwards.

Flyers fan since: birth. Can kinda remember back to the 97 Finals, but started following the team religiously around 2007-ish. There was something I found strangely beautiful about that disaster of a season.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.

GummybearDad78

Apr 19, 2016
Name Brad

Age 39

Born West Chester pa

Location Phoenix az

favorite teams- flyers .

Favorite players- lindburgh hextall lindros bob the goalie :) ghost , soon to be all our new youngins

Hated teams......old Patrick division

Position growing up....goalie

Been reading for 7 years so long time lurker , college professor teaching his daughters how to be all sport Philadelphia fans, go easy on me :)

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Welcome to the board brad...on a side note anyone have ideas on how to get more people involved in discussion? I noticed the number of guests is always higher than members viewing threads. I know myself I read alot but never thought of posting until reading all the stories of prospect camp, training camp, sth meetings and game experiences.those things inspired me to share my experiences with the rest of my fellow flyers fans.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Welcome to the board brad...on a side note anyone have ideas on how to get more people involved in discussion? I noticed the number of guests is always higher than members viewing threads. I know myself I read alot but never thought of posting until reading all the stories of prospect camp, training camp, sth meetings and game experiences.those things inspired me to share my experiences with the rest of my fellow flyers fans.

There are reasons which can vary. Guests can include members of the site who aren't signed in at the time especially those fans of others teams. The way the board is constructed, there is more leeway given to fans of a particular home board. Example: criticism of a coach/player which would be considered a violation of the site's rules if it came from an opposition fan base on the home board but would be allowed in many situations on the main board. The main board is where more discourse is approached but that has established boundaries as well and is handled in a different manner -- stricter for outsiders than a home team board.

We also have members as young as 13 years old and some threads may be an unwelcoming handicap since firs-hand experience and knowledge is void for anything outside the current or recent past.

Last edited:

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
Born: Bellefonte, PA
Favorite Team: Flyers
Favorite Players: Bobby Clarke, Bernie Parent, Ron Hextall, Eric Lindros, Kimmo Timonen
Hated Teams: Devils, Penguins, Rangers
DNP
Flyers Fan since 1974
Lurking Flyers HFBoard for many years. Per Captain Dave Poulin, will gauge the room before posting. Per Lincoln or Twain, I would rather remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Welcome to the board rebusflyer...there r quite a few of us old school flyer fans here feel free to join in the discussion.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Alright, I've been lurking and posting here for long enough I feel I should formalize it with an introductory post. Forgive me for getting long and rambly, but that's how I roll.

Name: Derrick

Favorite Team(s): WHL: Hitmen
Favorite Team(s): NHL: None? I don't really cheer for any one team consistently, it's mostly a factor of the players on a particular team. I would lean towards the Flyers, Flames, Predators, Sharks, and Capitals right now, with the Hurricanes and Jets falling somewhere in there too.

Most Hated Team(s): WHL: Kootenay ICE
Most Hated Team(s): NHL: Canucks, Oilers, Leafs, Canadiens, Wild, Lightning, and Kings. Avalanche come and go from this list.

Favorite Player(s): Oh hell. Lots. [Almost] always gotta pull for my ex-Hitmen: Getzlaf, Alzner, Jones, Ladd, Rask, Stone, Postma, and of course the prospects like Sanheim, Fazleev, Driedger, Bean, etc. Special omissions from this list: Ryan White and Jake Virtanen. Retro favourite players: Rhett Warrener, Mike Commodore, and Martin Brodeur (the three NHL jerseys I have with names on the back). Other favourites tend to be your classic "good-guys" of the NHL, but it varies.

Most Hated Player(s): Kevin Bieksa. Ryan Kesler. Phil Kessel. Milan Lucic. Leo Komarov. Connor McJesus (I ****ing love McDavid. He is a joy to watch. I absolutely detest that the ****ing Oilers got another ****ing gift of a player). Sidney Crosby (again, hate the hype, not the player). There are others I can't think of right now.

Position: Captain and top 2-way centre. I'm dominant in the faceoffs and generally described as mucker or grinder. My career year came in the 13-14 season when I put up 36 points and 53 PIM in 24 games played.

Flyers fan since: Hard to say. Probably 2014 when they drafted Travis Sanheim. However, my fandom with the Flyers goes way back: my mother was a Flyers fan back in the late 70s and 80s when they were the Broad Street Bullies. So I grew up at the tail end of my mom's fandom of the Flyers, as she transitioned to the Flames (don't blame her - she loves being a part of the Flames fanbase and for her it's part of being able to participate locally). I was cheering for the Flyers in the 2010 playoffs. My beer league team was founded in 2010, and our primary uniforms are the Flyers colours and pattern. Then I won tickets to the 2012 Winter Classic through a radio station here in Calgary - my (now) wife and I got a paid trip to Philadelphia for the game. It is still the only NHL game I have attended at a venue other than the Saddledome. Once the Flyers drafted Sanheim and I started frequenting these boards, it really cemented my place as a Flyers fan.

SPECIAL BONUS: Here is a picture of my mother at Game 3 of this year's first round matchup against the Ducks

[collapse=image]
18010923_10158571108620181_3432065986737842446_n.jpg

[/collapse]

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Ducks, Jets

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Kings, Devils

Favorite Player(s) All time: Gagne, Giroux, Pronger, Selanne, Richards

Favorite- Provorov, Voracek

Hated Player(s): Crosby, Doughty, Neal

Position (if you play): C, RW.

Flyers fan since: As long as I can remember. Parents were flyer fans so i was born in the flyer family.

Gunna add another one:
Favorite moment: Cup run in 2010 and the beatdown on pens in '12

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County

Originally from: Toledo Ohio

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Rangers

Favorite Player(s): Desjardins, Leclair, Kerr, Forsberg

Most Hated Player(s): James Neal, Darcy Tucker, Chris Therien

Played LW many years ago

Flyers fan since: 1986-87 season

Sturgill Simpson is my avatar

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Hello Flyers board! I've been reading the boards for a while (admittedly, probably too much of the trade board, but it's a guilty pleasure reading the mostly terrible ideas and merciless criticism) and thought I might introduce myself. I posted at some other boards in high school and college, but kind of went offline the past few years (read: my computer went on life support and I waited to get a new one.)

Name: Andrew

Most Hated Team(s): Rangers, Devils, Penguins, closely followed by the rest of the NHL

Favorite Player(s): Sami Kapanen, Keith Primeau (circa May 2004)

Most Hated Player(s): Goons and agitators (except current Flyers). Avery, Marchand, Neil come to mind.

Position (if you play): I was goalie when my brother and I played with our street hockey sticks using the patio table as our goal. Only skated maybe 3-4 times in my life. Can't stop or go backwards.

Flyers fan since: birth. Can kinda remember back to the 97 Finals, but started following the team religiously around 2007-ish. There was something I found strangely beautiful about that disaster of a season.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.

Andrew from Lehigh Valley? ...Mac? :)

Welcome everyone! Enjoy your time here

Jordan941

Apr 16, 2012
Name: Jordan

Location: Arlington,VA & Vineland, NJ (lots of time spent on 95)

Originally from: Montreal, Quebec

Most Hated Team(s): Toronto, Pittsburgh, Boston

Favorite Player(s):
Past: Rico, Gagne, Kapanen
Current: Konecny, Ghost, Simmonds

Most Hated Player(s): Tyler Kennedy, Zachary Malatesta (Laberge is a favorite of mine), Crosby

Flyers fan since: Best guess is 1995ish, but a diehard since the early 2000s

Position: Defense... Think Gudas mixed with MacDonald. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Lurked here for years but recently acquired an interest in predictive analyses relating to NHL players and prospects. I Based on the conversations I've read, I feel like you guys could be really helpful on my journey into those muddy waters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad