Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Name: Joe
Originally From: Bucks County, PA
Favorite Teams: Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, PSU (’91), Temple (’95), UO Ducks
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Ghost
All-Time Favorite Player(s): Bobby Clarke, Ilkka Sinisalo (wore the same jersey number growing up) , Ron Hextall, Mark Howe, Brad McCrimmon, Tim Kerr, Big E, Peter Forsberg.
Position (if you play): D
Flyers fan since: 70’s
Hello hockey world. Old guy here, just getting around to joining this site. I’ve been a flyer’s fan as long as I can recall. Hockey was my favorite sport growing up I’ve played street, ice and in-line hockey since I was a kid. Until recently I played in several adult hockey leagues in the Seattle area. I got a kick out of the other guy who posted his first stick was a vintage Bobby Clarke model. Me too!

I had the craziest experience with Clarke sticks. I couldn't (and can't) ice skate, I just never figured it out and my ankles are ruined from sprains playing soccer my whole life, but I've always been an avid roller skater. I had a hockey net and I used to set it up in my driveway, against the garage door, and fire shots at it, pretending that I was Eruzione or McClanahan or Clarke. I used a tennis ball and it picked up all the grease from the driveway, so the garage door looked like a dalmation :laugh: My dad hated it. The driveway sloped sharply downward, so I had to be really careful that I didn't skate down too fast and end up in the street hit by a car. One day I left the stick in the driveway and my mom ran over it in her car, breaking it in half. I was crushed (like the stick).

Years and years later I was working as a waiter at a country club and our manager was this crazy guy who would slide from white-hot rage over nothing to friendly banter at the drop of a hat. I hated his guts - he's one of the worst people I've ever met. But he used to work at the old Checkerdome in St. Louis and he knew that I loved the Flyers - one day he strolled in to the club and handed me a game-used Clarke stick. I was like "What?" He said "You can have it." I was thunderstruck. But I still hated him.

I was only working at the club because I had lost my scholarship to college. After a few years, I left the club and went back to Mizzou and got my degree. I worked for a while and met a Swedish girl and moved there with her for around three years. After we broke up and I came back to America, I had trouble finding a job, but one of my friends had stayed at the club all that time and become manager so I went back there until I could find a real job. That original manager, the horrible guy, came in as a guest one night. He saw me and said hi and then, if you can believe it, he said "Remember that Bobby Clarke stick I gave you? I think I want it back." :amazed: It had been like 12 years and I hadn't done anything bad or whatever - I hadn't even been around him. I told him "I don't have it here with me, but I'll send it to you. Give me your address and I'll put it in the mail."

Of course I never gave it back to him :laugh: It was all just surreal.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Name: T

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Debbie's

Favorite Player(s): G, Ghost, Simmons, Kerr, Mark Howe, Tocchet

Most Hated Player(s): Scott Stevens, Kasparitis, Tie Domi

Position (if you play): Been playing centre the last couple years; hadn't played centre since I was 13.

Flyers fan since: Red Army game

BergenCoFlyersFan

Jan 16, 2016
Old timer(55) named Steve who had his first visit to the Spectrum in March 71, Flyers beat Penguins 3-1, Clarke with 2 to clinch playoffs. Now live in Rangers territory (no one seems to care about the Devils).Really high on Hextall,Hakstol and the direction the franchise.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
Name: Justin

Originally from: Lancaster, PA

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Bruins, Blackhawks

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Ghostibehere, Mason, (all time, Brind'Amour, Lindros, LeClair, Gagne, Hexatall)

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Malkin, Subban, Marchand, Burrows, McDonagh (I'm probably forgetting several players that fall into this zone).

Position (if you play): Played as a C/LW thru NCAA div. 2

Flyers fan since: Birth. We used to have a cable splitter in our home just to get PRISM strictly for Flyers games.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Name: Justin

Originally from: Lancaster, PA

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers, Devils, Islanders, Bruins, Blackhawks

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Ghostibehere, Mason, (all time, Brind'Amour, Lindros, LeClair, Gagne, Hexatall)

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Malkin, Subban, Marchand, Burrows, McDonagh (I'm probably forgetting several players that fall into this zone).

Position (if you play): Played as a C/LW thru NCAA div. 2

Flyers fan since: Birth. We used to have a cable splitter in our home just to get PRISM strictly for Flyers games.

Virginia Tech?

oldfly88

Mar 21, 2016
Name: Aaron

Originally from: NW PA

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils

Favorite Player(s): Brind'Amour, Lindros, LeClair, Hextall, Recchi, Poulin and all the current team

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Scott Stevens

Flyers fan since: 1987. Thanks to Hexy!!!

FlyerFan22

Dec 22, 2015
Philadelphia
Name: Rob

Most Hated Team(s): Jersey (They always seem to have our number)

Favorite Player(s): Tocchet, Kerr, G, Ghost, Lindros, Recchi, LeClair, Brind'Amour

Most Hated Player(s): None really. Dislike a bunch, but who doesn't.

Position (if you play): Either wing or center. Don't play as much as I would like to any more.

Flyers fan since: Birth, parents had me watching the SCF as an infant, but really the early 80's.

I have been looking on here for a few years, but finally decided to sign up. Don't know how much I will post though. Guys on the Flyers board seem to be very knowledgeable and level headed. Game day threads are top notch no matter who does them. Thanks.

LIWingnut24

Mar 29, 2016
Long Island
Name: Jordan
Favorite teams: Flyers, Detroit, Mets
Hated teams : Pens, Yankees
Fav Player: Mase you'll see why later
Hated players: Crosby and a roid
Position: Roly poly goly
Flyers fan since 2012, generic hockey fan since I was five

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
Name: Ole Ron Sherwood

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Phillies

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Rangers, Devils, Craps...doesn't matter they're all the enemy

Favorite Player(s): Crest on the Front

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby hands down

Position (if you play): Old Goaler

Flyers fan since: June 1975

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Re-Introduction Thread?
I messed up last time and copied and pasted and forgot to change things

Name: Rob

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, Chelsea FC

Most Hated Team(s): Bruins

Favorite Player(s): Jagr, Giroux, Roy

Most Hated Player(s): Wilson, Fayne, Lucic, Marchand, Chara, Shawn Thronton

Position (if you play): goalie up to Division III. Now all America beer leaguer

Flyers fan since: Early 90s. I was just always a Flyers fan. Favorite childhood color was orange

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Just realized I hadn't done one of these.

Name: Ernest

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins and caps I suppose

Favorite Player(s): Couturier, Ghost, Morin (when he comes up)

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Letang

Position (if you play): Don't really play, just more or less shoot the puck around

Flyers fan since: Birth essentially, but started getting into hockey about 2008-09ish.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Name: Alexander

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Capitals

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Couturier, Benn, Kucherov, Suter
all-time - Clarke, Lindros, Desjardins, Leclair, Neely, Kamensky, Pronger

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, Malkin, Sedin brothers. All time - Nidermaier, Bergenheim

Position (if you play): Left winger. In soccer)))

Flyers fan since: 2009/2010 - great road to final

Lisenok

WikiFlyers.net
Jan 17, 2004
wikiflyers.net
Name: Pavel

Favorite Team: Flyers

Most Hated Team: Penguins

Favorite Players: Rick Tocchet, Eric Desjardins, Mike Richards

Most Hated Players: Penguins

Flyers fan since: Canada Cup'87, thanks Rick Tocchet

Irwin

Jul 27, 2016
Helsinki
Hi! A new guy appears from the land of Kimmo! Big time lurker of Flyers board starting from 2010 cup run. Now I decided to take part in the great conversations here.

Name: Tim

Most Hated Team(s): Pens & Caps.

Favorite Player(s): All time favorite Simon Gagne. Loved Primeau also. Current favorite is Simmonds.

Most Hated Player(s): I guess i hate the teams more than the players individually, but Evgeni Malkin is a tool.

Position (if you play): Beer league grinder with jelly bean slappers and not so smooth mittens.

Flyers fan since: 2001. Simon Gagne was the reason my favorite team is the Flyers. Played a lot of NHL 2001 on PC.

Internet wasn't a big deal then, and it was hard to see any games or highlights. It really started to get better maybe in 2004, when NHL started showing highlights (i think). Nowadays it's easy, i watch every Flyers game on NHLTV.

Hexy

Jun 27, 2015
Caldaro
Name: Patrick

Most Hated Team: Penguins, Rangers

Favorite Current Players: C. Giroux, B. Burns

Favorite All-Time-Players: E. Lindros, J. LeClair, P. Forsberg, C. Pronger, N. Lidstrom

Most Hated Players: Everyone on the Penguins, J. Neal, C. Kreider

Position (if you play): used to be a forward growing up, but got converted to defensmen in senior

Flyers fan since: the late 90s, thanks to my brother who told me to buy a puck with a picture of Lindros on it instead of one with Yzerman. Well, thanks I guess... :laugh:

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Name: Jay

Most Hated Team: Penguins/Devils

Favorite Current Players: Ghost, couturier, Simmonds

Favorite All-Time-Players: Lindros, Pronger, Gagne

Most Hated Players: Crosby, Stevens, Leighton

Position (if you play): played defense through college

Flyers fan since: my first game in January 96 against the panthers. Saw a shutout, a lindros goal, then he beat neidemeyer up at the end of the game and I was hooked for life.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Name: Joey
Originally From: Barrie, ON
Favorite Teams: Flyers, Kings, and I don't watch much of other sports, though I enjoy Formula 1, IndyCar, etc.
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Ghost, Simmonds
All-Time Favorite Player(s): Eric Lindros, John Leclair, Peter Forsberg, Sergei Fedorov
Position (if you play): Didn't play hockey growing up (shocking I know) but I've begun playing pick-up with friends.
Flyers fan since: 90's

Hey guys, I'm just an out of market Flyer fan, having to put up with being surrounded by Toronto fans all day. Really enjoy hockey, was only introduced about 5 years back but it's become one of my favourite sports. Flyers became my favourite because I used to watch them play with my grandpa when I was a kid and the Legion of Doom was a big thing, so I picked them again when I started watching.

Jarid

Sep 29, 2016
Upper Darby, PA
Name: Jarid

Most Hated Team: Penguins and Bruins

Favorite Current Players: Claude Giroux, Bo Horvat

Favorite All-Time-Players: Danny Briere, Kimmo Timonen, Simon Gagne

Most Hated Players: Sidney Crosby, Brad Marchand, James Neal

Position (if you play): i suck at hockey

Flyers fan since: started watching the Flyers occasionally around 06 and 07, started focusing much more on hockey around 2012

ChasmOfFire

Nov 1, 2014
Name: Todd

Most Hated Team(s): Rangers & Devils

Favorite Current Player(s): Gostisbehere, Pastrnak, Tarasenko, Duchene, E. Karlsson

Most Hated Player(s): Lucic, Chara, Doan, McDonagh, Malkin etc.

Position (if you play): I wish I played! Play LW in Field Hockey instead.

Flyers fan since: 2011/12, better late than never I guess.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
Name: Andy

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, HIFK

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Jokerit

Favorite Player(s): Dave Schultz, Link Gaetz, Jon Mirasty, Bob Clarke

Most Hated Player(s): Crosby, McDavid, Nik Kronwall

Position (if you play): Always played D in elementary school, never played hockey even as a hobby since.

Flyers fan since: Late 90's/early 2000's. Always had a soft spot for teams that played physical.

Last edited:

The 3rd Pair

Jan 15, 2017
Name : Thomas

Favorite Team : Flyers are always number one, also like the Stars

Hated Teams : Penguins, Devils, Rangers

Favorite Players : Briere, Hartnell, Kimmo, Gagne, Modano

Hated Players : Crosby above all and always hated Versteeg

Flyers Fan Since : around 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad