Introduction Thread II

BreadTM

Apr 28, 2007
Name: Kevin
Favorite Team: Flyers
Most Hated Team(s): Bruins, Kings, Penguins, Red Wings
Favorite Active Player(s): Dubnyk, Gagner, Lehtonen, Mason, Oshie, Rinne, Tarasenko, and Voracek
Most Hated Active Player(s): Jeff Carter, Cooke, Crosby, Kronwall, Malkin, JvR
Position (if you play): Either wing
Flyers fan since: 1997-ish

Last edited:

Eddie Shore Hockey

Sep 21, 2015
Name: Jeff
Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Rangers, Kings, Devils
Favorite Active Player(s): Backes, Jagr, Tarasenko, Simmonds, Ovechkin
Most Hated Active Player(s): Mike Green, Zuccarello, Crosby, Malkin, Neil, Subban
Position (if you play): Forward
Flyers fan since: 1994

KonecnyFour

Sep 25, 2015
Name: Tim
Most Hated Teams: Bruins, Penguins, Rangers, Devils, Capitals, Lightning in the 2000's
Favorite Players: Lindros, Moe Mantha (because he would stay after game and sign autographs), Dan McGillis, G and 2010 postseason Leino
Most Hated Players: Crosby and Scott Stevens, easy top two of all-time
Flyers fan since: Since I can remember. Notable early memories were my Dad telling me about sex on the way to a game vs Kings and Hextall beating up Chelios.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Name: Tim
Most Hated Teams: Bruins, Penguins, Rangers, Devils, Capitals, Lightning in the 2000's
Favorite Players: Lindros, Moe Mantha (because he would stay after game and sign autographs), Dan McGillis, G and 2010 postseason Leino
Most Hated Players: Crosby and Scott Stevens, easy top two of all-time
Flyers fan since: Since I can remember. Notable early memories were my Dad telling me about sex on the way to a game vs Kings and Hextall beating up Chelios.

You'll need to explain :laugh:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Name: Eric
Most hated team: Pittsburgh, NJ, NYR, CHI
Favorite Players: Roenick, Gagne, Primeau, Giroux
Most Hated Players: Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Rinaldo
Flyers Fan since: Birth, my dad has had season tickets since 1985

-Have been on here for a few years but mostly for fantasy hockey but have posted in here a few times

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Name: Joe
Most Hated Team(s): The rest of the NHL but especially the Pens, Devils, Rangers, Islanders
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Simmers, Vorachek
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby & Malkin, nothing can describe my level of disdain for these two
Flyers fan since: I remember visiting my grandparents in Lehighton, PA and listening to my Dad watch a Flyers/Islanders game in the motel room we were staying at and him cursing Billy Smith....Been a fan of the Orange & Black ever since...so the early to mid '80's.

Mayo Masseuse

Tinariwen Riddum
May 16, 2010
The Dunes of Neptune
Name: Devin
Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils, Rangers, Leafs
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Simmonds, Voracek
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang
Flyers fan since: My very first memories/awareness of being alive. My father was an avid fan and always would recollect the fun he had at the parades, etc... My dad's fandom has tempered over the years but he looks to me for up to date info on the team, prospects, and game times.
I rarely post but have been around for a long time. Even before I registered. Most of my posts are asinine comparisons between opposing team players and condiments/milk. Likely will purchase partial season tickets as soon as next year.

AzFlyersFan

Oct 15, 2015
Name: Cory
Most Hated Team(s): Pens
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Simmers and Provorov
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby and Malkin, Glad Sid is falling off this season. lol
Flyers fan since: Last 4 years. Eagles fan since I was born. My family is from back east and they all moved out here to AZ right before I was born. Can't stand Arizona sports. Hockey is laughed about out here. Culture in Philly is unparalleled to the west coast stuff. Everytime I visit you guys treat me like one of your own. Girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Philly or NY when we graduate at Arizona State University. I don't care if the Eagles or Flyers lose every game in a season (besides the cowgirls and pens games). I am always going to represent these teams and city.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Name: Alan
Favorite Team: New Orleans Saints
Most Hated Team(s): Rangers
Favorite Active Player(s): Manning, Mason, Jim Vandermeer(he's active in Europe), Ed "Boxcar" Hospodar(not active but he can still throw 'em)
Most Hated Active Player(s): I don't hate
Flyers Fan Since: I was 6 years old living in Philly and remember going to the games in the early 70's with my Dad. I joined here in 2007, but rarely have posted over the years. Usually I just enjoy reading the comments, but I chip in every once in a while.

Last edited:

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
Name: Cory
Most Hated Team(s): Pens
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Simmers and Provorov
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby and Malkin, Glad Sid is falling off this season. lol
Flyers fan since: Last 4 years. Eagles fan since I was born. My family is from back east and they all moved out here to AZ right before I was born. Can't stand Arizona sports. Hockey is laughed about out here. Culture in Philly is unparalleled to the west coast stuff. Everytime I visit you guys treat me like one of your own. Girlfriend and I are planning on moving to Philly or NY when we graduate at Arizona State University. I don't care if the Eagles or Flyers lose every game in a season (besides the cowgirls and pens games). I am always going to represent these teams and city.

You poor guy. Phoenix here, also ASU. The coyotes games are not bad. Iggles bar in Old Town Scottsdale. No flyers places that I know of.

BUIHAHockey

Oct 19, 2015
St Andrews, Scotland
Name: Mike
Favorite Active Player(s): Lecavalier, Umberger, Macdonald
Most Hated Active Player(s): Torres, Krieder

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Name: Mike
Favorite Active Player(s): Lecavalier, Umberger, Macdonald
Most Hated Active Player(s): Torres, Krieder

Wow... You must be in Hockey Fan Hell at this point... Why don't you learn to favor Luke Schenn and make it a clean sweep? :sarcasm:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Washington, Arizona, and Scotland. That's awesome.

I visited Scotland around 9 years ago. Really liked it.

FlyersPhan

Nov 19, 2015
Name: Jeremy
Favorite Team: Flyers, and to a lesser extent, Hershey Bears
Most Hated Team(s): Pens and Rangers
Favorite Active Player(s): Simmonds, Giroux, Mason, Hartnell, Ovi, Peter Budaj, Chris Bourque, Andrew Gordon (some odd picks, I know)
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby and Malkin, of course.
Flyers fan since: 2005. Once Hershey was eliminated from playoff contention that year, I started following the Phantoms' Calder Cup run as best as I could. Went from hating the Phantoms to kinda liking them within a span of a few months. A lot of guys from that team were in the NHL once the lockout ended, so I started to follow the Flyers that fall.

(Been lurking for three or four years now, finally decided to join.)

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
name: Lukasz

favorite players:
Claude Giroux, Mike Richards, Wayne Simmonds, Nathan MacKinnon

favorite players who retired:
Kimmo Timonen, Simon Gagne, Keith Primeau,

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Name: Rick
Hometown: St. Louis, MO
Favorite Hockey Team: Flyers
Favorite Football Team: Liverpool
Most Hated Team(s): Oilers, Penguins, Rangers, Blues, Manchester United
Favorite Active Player(s): Ghost, Giroux, Couturier, Teravainen
All-Time Favorite Player(s): Mike Eruzione, Rob McClanahan, Dave Poulin, Derrick Smith, Peter Zezel, Ron Hextall, Scott Mellanby, Mark Howe, Doug Crossman, Brad Marsh, Brad McCrimmon, Pelle Eklund, Murray Craven, Tim Kerr, Rick Tocchet, Steve Yzerman, Trevor Linden, Steve Smith (HAHAHA), Bobby Clarke, Rick MacLeish
Most Hated Active Player(s): Crosby, Malkin, the Rangers (This list is still very much in its infancy, but is sure to grow rapidly)
All-Time Most Hated Player(s): Gretzky, Messier, Glenn Anderson, Fuhr, Coffey, Tikkanen, Mario Lemieux, Beukeboom, Ulf Samuelson, Claude Lemieux, Bernie Federko, Scott Stevens, Brett Hull
Position (if you play): Center (roller skates only)
Flyers fan since: 1975

The first hockey stick I got was a Bobby Clarke , in (around) 1975-76. Because they had just won back-to-back Cups, my packs of hockey cards were full of Flyers when I started collecting. I loved the colors and the logo and the names and of course my Clarkie stick, and they were my team for good. I have never gotten over the 1987 Finals and I never will. I was a sports editor with a local paper in St. Louis for 8 years, but it went out of business. I moved to Thailand in 2012 and work as a university teacher now. I previously lived in Stockholm for 3 years. NHL Gamecenter Live has allowed me to watch all of our games, and after being out of the loop for several years, I am overjoyed to finally be back in tune with how things are going. I play Eastside Hockey Manager pretty avidly :popcorn:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^ Welcome. That post oozes quite the journey. The mid-80s teams were an entertaining element but if nothing else offered a perspective perhaps somewhat unique in sports in how to overcome an array of debilitating circumstances to form a bond and attempt to complete a goal.

skagittarius

Jan 18, 2016
PNW
Name: Joe
Originally From: Bucks County, PA
Favorite Teams: Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, PSU, Temple, UO Ducks
Favorite Active Player(s): Giroux, Ghost, TK
All-Time Favorite Player(s): Ilkka Sinisalo (wore the same jersey number growing up), Mark Howe, Brad McCrimmon, Tim Kerr, Big E, Peter Forsberg.
Position (if you play): D
Flyers fan since: 70s
Hello hockey world. Older guy here, just getting around to joining this site. Been a flyers fan as long as I can recall. Hockey was my favorite sport growing up and I played street, ice and in-line hockey since I was a kid. I played in several adult hockey leagues in the Seattle area. I got a kick out of the other guy who posted his first stick was a vintage Bobby Clarke model. Me too!

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Give us a healthy Tim Kerr, and we complete that miracle :nod:

Tim Kerr was my favorite player and that 1987 team is still my favorite team ( I began following the Flyers around 85-86). It was all blood, sweat and tears that year. It was an amazing run and effort against a dynasty team.

BTW allow me to introduce myself....Robert A Ganoush...but you can call me Bob.....

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tim Kerr was my favorite player and that 1987 team is still my favorite team ( I began following the Flyers around 85-86). It was all blood, sweat and tears that year. It was an amazing run and effort against a dynasty team.

BTW allow me to introduce myself....Richard A Ganoush...but you can call me Bob.....

Nice to meet you, Bob :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad