OT: Introducing your Vancouver Warriors (NLL)

Feb 24, 2017
All sports a fringe sports until you generate interest.

Many decade ago the 'Bellies drew in the tens of thousands for some games.

Lacrosse is a great sport with no shortage of fast paced action.

It has all the potential in the world.
Where were the bellies playing these games?

Feb 24, 2017
Outdoors i believe. Maybe Queens park. It was like back in the 30s or something.
Gotcha. I remember watching a mann cup at the pacific coliseum years ago but other than that couldn’t guess
That series actually had a game postponed due to the terror of 9-11

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I honestly cannot name a single lacrosse player, outside my one friend from abby who plays recreationally.

This will struggle.

Half the people I know who are Whitecaps/Canucks STH cant bother to go/give away their tickets half the time.
Most people in Denver can't name a Mammoth player but that doesn't stop 14,000-16,000 people from showing up to every game.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
First game attendance is in: 9,902

Their average attendances in Langley
2014: 3,590
2015: 3,734
2016: 3,785
2017: 3,206
2018: 3,507

Single game high in Langley: 5,031

Considering this was a Friday night game and an early season game, this is a fantastic showing. Last year every team in the league had much better attendance February through May than December through January.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
I feel like the Canucks aren't doing enough cross-promotion for Warriors games. I had no idea what the schedule looked like, or that the season had even started until I saw last night's feature on Global BC.

If the ownership group wants to be smart about attracting fans, promote the Warriors' home games on the Canucks broadcasts.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I feel like the Canucks aren't doing enough cross-promotion for Warriors games. I had no idea what the schedule looked like, or that the season had even started until I saw last night's feature on Global BC.

If the ownership group wants to be smart about attracting fans, promote the Warriors' home games on the Canucks broadcasts.
I think some of it has to do with there having been a labor stoppage that cancelled the preseason and had 7 regular season games across the league rescheduled at the last moment. They didn't know if there would be a season until 2 weeks ago, but luckily the league and players' union agreed to a 5 year CBA deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->