TV: Into the Badlands Season 3

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I guess the previous thread never made it through the merger...

Anyway, picking up in quality where last season left off. This might just have become my favorite show in television right now, its so good.

Episode spoilers...

That fight scene between the Widow and Nathaniel was epic af (although is that a bit of a retcon? I thought Sunny killed him and took his sword? Now they're just saying he cut off his hand...I'll have to go back and watch that episode from last season). The battle scene at the beginning was great as well. I also love how the story keeps unfolding and getting larger bit by bit. I'm guessing this new army is from Azeroth and related to the beacon call that Badje sent out at the end of last season.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I wonder why some of the leaders are superhuman.

Definitely an around-the-millennium Chinese style action a la Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Surprisingly good acting as well.

The Widow fights well in Stilettos. Great scene.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I guess the previous thread never made it through the merger...

Anyway, picking up in quality where last season left off. This might just have become my favorite show in television right now, its so good.

Episode spoilers...

That fight scene between the Widow and Nathaniel was epic af (although is that a bit of a retcon? I thought Sunny killed him and took his sword? Now they're just saying he cut off his hand...I'll have to go back and watch that episode from last season). The battle scene at the beginning was great as well. I also love how the story keeps unfolding and getting larger bit by bit. I'm guessing this new army is from Azeroth and related to the beacon call that Badje sent out at the end of last season.

he left him to die but i dont specifically remember him cutting his head off or something.
i think i even remember nathaniel pleading sunny to kill him and give him and honorable death, to which sunny refused

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It was ok. Good action scenes, but it really failed with what season premiers are supposed to do as I have no idea what the main plot of the season is or how the main characters will fit into it.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It was ok. Good action scenes, but it really failed with what season premiers are supposed to do as I have no idea what the main plot of the season is or how the main characters will fit into it.

I watched it once but not fully paying attention and then watched it again last night.

this is my take and I am just spit balling here as think they have left episode one wide open to interpretation and speculation. (have not watched the next episode preview as it ruins the surprise for me)

The Widow teams up with the old regent who had his arm/hand lopped off by Sonny. She also has M.K. imprisoned and is trying to help him regain his "gift" for her benefit. There are active wanted posters out for Sunny which I assume is posted by the Widow. Baijie was rescued as a prisoner on the way to the Widow. Sonny's child has the "gift". It also looks like Baijie's signal was heard and has summoned more people with full control of the "gift".

I I think Sonny and Baijie will be betrayed at the refugee camp, the Widow will learn about Sonny's kid having the gift and want to exploit it in some way to activate MK again. Sonny, Baijie and MK will either escape and join forces with the new group or band together with The Widow to battle against this new threat to the badlands.

whatever happens it will be action packed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad