Interview with OKC Baron Jason Williams

stompinstoms

Sep 1, 2014
Vancouver
Hey Oilers friends,

I had the pleasure of chatting with former NHLer Jason Williams last week. For those who don't know, he signed an AHL-only contract with the Barons last summer and has been a leader down on the farm all season long.

I'll be releasing the interview via Along the Boards in two parts. Here's part one:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/02/interview-jason-williams-part-1/

In this first part he discuses his time in Detroit, winning the Cup at a young age, and playing pro hockey over in Switzerland.

Enjoy, and stay tuned for part two later this week!

Last edited by a moderator:

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Only read the second half but it was a great interview and he seems like an excellent personality to have down there.

All the best to him.

Anyone else interested in which Barons a Stanley Cup champion thinks are going to become NHLers should definitely give it a read.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Thanks for sharing, I've posted it on my Facebook for other fans to read.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Nothing surprising there.

The same four guys most would have picked and have had solid reviews from the coaching staff already as well.

The Moroz pick... If he can't find his game next year that's gonna be a terrible waste.

stompinstoms

Sep 1, 2014
Vancouver
Nothing surprising there.

The same four guys most would have picked and have had solid reviews from the coaching staff already as well.

The Moroz pick... If he can't find his game next year that's gonna be a terrible waste.

So true re: Moroz.

And yeah, the way I see it it was more telling of the guys he omitted from the list of players, rather than who he stated (guys like Curtis Hamilton and Mitch Moroz).

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I really like the first part of the interview. This may seem a bit played out to praise Detroit for their development. But it's interesting to hear about it from a veteran player who went through the system and has had enough time to reflect.

I was a little frustrated because I was wondering if (sticking in Detroit) was the best move for my career . But when I finally did get the call-up, I felt a little more comfortable. I felt a little bit more confident in my game, and that’s where (the Red Wings) want to get you. They (evaluate) you, see what kind of player you are, but they don’t rush you to get you to that certain point.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Promising to hear that Yakimov and Khaira are progressing. Khaira could be the kind of guy that could take over for Boyd Gordon when he moves on as a real defensive stalwart, and Yakimov seems like he has really good middle 6 potential. With Lander here for the long run hopefully and Draisaitl slotting in eventually, our centre shouldn't always be so frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad