News Article: Interview with Ivan Barbashev

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Thanks for posting! Sounds like he is well spoken and has a great attitude. Excited to see how he can progress in the next couple of years

Fred Brathwaite

Aug 25, 2010
You don’t have to be better than others, you need to be better than what you were yesterday

Love his attitude. Great article, thanks for sharing!

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Good read, thanks!
I'm not very deep in drafting and prospects, was he really expexted to be a top 20 pick?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Good read, thanks!
I'm not very deep in drafting and prospects, was he really expexted to be a top 20 pick?

If I remember correctly he was predicted by many to go somewhere in the low 20s and fell because of, presumably the "Russian factor."

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Very nice, thanks Alessandro!

Both Barbashev AND Fabbri seems to be great picks. The best part is that there's no need to rush them. Our squad is so deep and strong that we can keep them in development mode for a few extra seasons. Bright bright future!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If I remember correctly he was predicted by many to go somewhere in the low 20s and fell because of, presumably the "Russian factor."

I always read top 15. But towards the end his downfall was people didn't think his offense could translate to the pros.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I always read top 15. But towards the end his downfall was people didn't think his offense could translate to the pros.

Yeah he was top 15 for a good part of last year to the point that when he fell all the way to the 2nd lots of people were blown away.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Thanks for posting. Great to see Tarasenko is taking the role of ambassador for a lot of these foreign players. Those two should have some chemistry together.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm not sure Barbashev has Tarasenko's ceiling, but I still think he's going to be a top 6 type of player. If the Oilers offered Perron straight up for Barbashev today, I am not sure I'd accept (with salaries not being a factor. I know we can't afford Perron's salary currently).

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Great to hear from a new prospect in his own words. Thanks for sharing this one.

You're welcome. I regularly post translated interviews with Russian prospects/NHL players, just have a look at my page at that site (at the bottom of Barbashev article there is a little bio with a link to other articles). If Tarasenko will give an interview to a Russian site, I'll be the first to read and translate it. It won't happen tho (at least soon), he's quite of a shy guy, doesn't like the media and the attention etc. He's my fav player, btw :yo:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
You're welcome. I regularly post translated interviews with Russian prospects/NHL players, just have a look at my page at that site (at the bottom of Barbashev article there is a little bio with a link to other articles). If Tarasenko will give an interview to a Russian site, I'll be the first to read and translate it. It won't happen tho (at least soon), he's quite of a shy guy, doesn't like the media and the attention etc. He's my fav player, btw :yo:

I think it was last season, Bernie Federko grabbed him at the end of a game where he was the first star. It was a wonderful moment. You could see that Vlad respected Bernie too much to tell him 'no' and Bernie really helped make sure Vlad wasn't embarrassed or put into a tricky situation. As a fan, I'd love to hear more from him, but I understand his shyness.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think it was last season, Bernie Federko grabbed him at the end of a game where he was the first star. It was a wonderful moment. You could see that Vlad respected Bernie too much to tell him 'no' and Bernie really helped make sure Vlad wasn't embarrassed or put into a tricky situation. As a fan, I'd love to hear more from him, but I understand his shyness.
I remember that, it was an "oh no you don't get back here" moment. Tarasenko is in a commercial this year speaking also, I'm glad he's getting more comfortable. Hopefully he's stuck with us for the next decade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad