interview on CBC 3:10 Friday 14th

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I'm starting to believe that I'll actually do it.

Screw 'em.

You know, this is the exact attitude i'm seeing in all my friends.

Two bullies fighting over OUR MONEY.

giving back nothing to us the FANS. Nothing, no concern about us in the news releases, just all about themselves.

I want the ticket prices in the 300 level in all arenas cut IN HALF, and all player salaries cut IN HALF.

Greedy buggers.

So I agree

Screw them

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Boycotting games 1:1 after Dec. 21st is pretty weak. You should be boycotting games cancelled 1:1 after October 11th.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah I'm emailing them this weekend asking for a refund for my tickets if the season gets canceled.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
This will be my last year as a season's ticket owner for the Sens.

This I really mean it.

I have made up my mind. I have paid for my tickets for this year, and if they play next year, i will probably only go to a few games, and give my others away to my friends who cannot afford to attend. It is now a rich person's game.

Playoffs? I'll watch on T.V. or streaming on the internet.

I have been a season;s ticket owner since the first year, but i no longer want to give my money to these millionaires and billionaires who have no concern for the average fan.

I have a ton of memories and souveniers of the NHL. It has been a part of my life since i was 5 years old, starting as a Leaf's fan, playing hockey on the frozen outdoor rinks in North Bay with my old Leafs Sweater.

But enough is enough.

Ticket costs, parking costs, bad food for high prices, bad beer for high prices. The joy of the game has passed me by seeing this stupid bickering going on.

The NHL is killing themselves. They are running into a demographic wall that they are blind to see.. More will be leaving, than joining their fans.

I am just the first.

It will take years for the NHL to recover from this fiasco (if ever) and well, I'll just switch to watching the IPL on TV.

http://www.iplt20.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boycotting games 1:1 after Dec. 21st is pretty weak. You should be boycotting games cancelled 1:1 after October 11th.

I'm talking about cancelling my ticket subscription, which I've had since 2003.

I wouldn't call that weak.

Considering how much I'm paying for the privilege of fighting traffic there and back, paying $11 to park and buying overpriced food and beer, yeah, big loss.

Last edited:

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Take it out on the NHL, not Melnyk.

I'm very sorry if this will hurt Melnyk.
He has been a fantastic owner for the Sens.\
I've even been to Bert's in Barbados and seen all the great Sens tributes there.

But there is no other way that i can protest.
And I have given up.

Sorry Eugene :(

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Sorry Eugene.
Sorry Alfie.
Sorry Chris.
Sorry all the great Sens hockey players.

You have taken our money and our hearts.

But for some reason... i now feel empty. discarded.

bye

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm very sorry if this will hurt Melnyk.
He has been a fantastic owner for the Sens.\
I've even been to Bert's in Barbados and seen all the great Sens tributes there.

But there is no other way that i can protest.
And I have given up.

Sorry Eugene :(

Guess what happens when everyone cancels their season tickets and people stop buying tickets? Potentially no more Senators and that wont really affect the NHL.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why do people wish to willingly deprive themselves of things so they obviously enjoy?

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Why do people wish to willingly deprive themselves of things so they obviously enjoy?

because I no longer enjoy it anymore.
It was exciting after the last lock out.
Now its heading back to the old ways again.

I think i'll get seasons tickets for the 67's instead.
Or go to watch university hockey.

Exciting hockey played by guys who love the game.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN

This I really mean it.

I have made up my mind. I have paid for my tickets for this year, and if they play next year, i will probably only go to a few games, and give my others away to my friends who cannot afford to attend. It is now a rich person's game.

Playoffs? I'll watch on T.V. or streaming on the internet.

I have been a season;s ticket owner since the first year, but i no longer want to give my money to these millionaires and billionaires who have no concern for the average fan.

I have a ton of memories and souveniers of the NHL. It has been a part of my life since i was 5 years old, starting as a Leaf's fan, playing hockey on the frozen outdoor rinks in North Bay with my old Leafs Sweater.

But enough is enough.

Ticket costs, parking costs, bad food for high prices, bad beer for high prices. The joy of the game has passed me by seeing this stupid bickering going on.

The NHL is killing themselves. They are running into a demographic wall that they are blind to see.. More will be leaving, than joining their fans.

I am just the first.

It will take years for the NHL to recover from this fiasco (if ever) and well, I'll just switch to watching the IPL on TV.

http://www.iplt20.com/

The thing is Melnyk wants hockey, I have a hard time punishing the Sens specifically. I just dont know how I can protest the NHL and avoid hurting the Sens when hockey comes back.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

This I really mean it.

Please remember me in the future.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Because we need to make a statement at one point.

Now I do not agree with the mentality "it's my money they are arguing over" but two lockouts in 8 years is unacceptable.

It's like punishing your child: it's no fun but it needs to be done.

I've lost respect for the notion of professional hockey player (greedy and easily manipulated) so I just don't feel comfortable supporting them. When Apple started suing Samsung I gave away my iPhone and iPod and bought a Galaxy SIII: I will not give my money to people I don't support.

I will not watch the NHL for a full season once Alfredsson retires, making an exception should the Senators make the SCF (still unsure about that clause though)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I don't particularily contribute much to the sens outside of a sticker, car decal, or t-shirt here and there, but I specifically asked my girlfriend and family for no NHL related gear anymore. Living on the other side of the continent in another country, I don't attend any games, but I won't be watching even if it comes back this year.

I watched about as many AHL games as I did NHL last year, but its solely AHL for me from now on. (I know thats still contributing to the NHL, but I have hockey needs haha)

Honestly, I love the AHL, this year especially. I would be completely fine if the NHL never comes back. **** em

General Granny*

Meh makes no sense to punish people who wanted to play hockey as the fans did, like Eugene, Alfie, Murrays etc.

Love my sens and hockey way too much to stop watching and playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad