International baseball thread

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Watching KBO on ESPN. Finally, live baseball on TV.

Couple of thoughts:
-LOVE the playoff format. 5 teams make the playoffs. 1st place team goes straight to Korea Series. 5th and 4th place teams play each other, winner face third place team. Winner of that play 2nd place team, and then winner of that advance.
-If the game is tied after 12, then it ends as tie. Love it.

Reactions: Cold Cat
Sep 19, 2008
At least 2 league are going on rn, the KBO and the CPBL on Twitch. The CPBL games usually get started around 7 PM there which is around 7 AM here so if your'e a morning person like me it's good background for "WFH".

Reactions: Cold Cat

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
is it for the playoffs that a tie after 12 occurs? because if so then that's an incredibly dumb idea

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
The ESPN announcers for the Korean games are starting to really get on my nerves. I've watched both Lions-Dinos games in full and at multiple points they've seemed disinterested. 20 minutes ago they both admitted to having no idea where they were in the lineup card. If I can google the live KBO lineups in 30 seconds, they should too.

Might switch the Korean streams from here on out.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
** posted this in the Panthers other sports thread.**

Korean Baseball has started.

The team I have chosen to cheer for is the SK Wyrens. They're 1B/RF is Jamie Romak from 20 minutes east down the road. He is their big slugger. Good reason to cheer for them.

Their 1-2 (1-3 now) to start the year. 144 game regular season. They lost their two best pitchers in the offseason. One guy to the Japan leagues, and the other to the St Louis Cardinals. The one article I read said it's like Houston losing Verlander and Cole. Not good, we got some work to do. Although they are currently #4 on the ESPN power ranking. 10-team league. :faq:

I see ESPN is streaming select games right now. So far SK hasn't made the cut . It's not like we're the NC Dinos! :dunno:

This will have to do until MLB starts up. :popcorn: :GWC:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Good morning.

upload_2020-5-14_7-2-15.png

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
OK I need to rant here on how bad the ESPN broadcasts suck, and it's for one simple reason: if I tune in to watch a baseball game I want to watch a baseball game, SO WHY THE f*** IS 1/4 OF THE SCREEN DEDICATED TO SHOWING THESE STUPID GODDAMNED ANNOUNCERS LIKE I NEED TO ACTUALLY SEE THESE GODDAMNED PEOPLE INSTEAD OF THE GODDAMNED BASEBALL GAME I'M TRYING TO WATCH.

Sep 19, 2008
OK I need to rant here on how bad the ESPN broadcasts suck, and it's for one simple reason: if I tune in to watch a baseball game I want to watch a baseball game, SO WHY THE f*** IS 1/4 OF THE SCREEN DEDICATED TO SHOWING THESE STUPID GODDAMNED ANNOUNCERS LIKE I NEED TO ACTUALLY SEE THESE GODDAMNED PEOPLE INSTEAD OF THE GODDAMNED BASEBALL GAME I'M TRYING TO WATCH.
the korean broadcasts are on twitch :sarcasm:

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->