Internal Cap/Budget Teams

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
Is there a team known for spending way more on perks like hotels, food or transportation compared to other teams? In theory it should actually make a pretty big difference to superstars who have a practicaly unspendable fortunes but still have to spend hours and hours in the hotels and planes ✈️ the team books.

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Lol ,want to bet??

I don’t need to bet, the team has always had money issues untill the cheapskate bought them and backed 100 million in loses.
And now the team has been cut off EM’s teet.
First they went bankrupt now they have ran up massive debt. I’m not sure what else needs to be said in order for you to see the reality of the situation.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Then they should make the cap smaller so all teams could afford to spend to it.

The Players Association would have to agree to it. The Collective Bargaining Agreement guarantees the players 50 percent of hockey related revenues. That's what determines the cap. To make it smaller, the players would have to agree. That would lead to a strike or another lockout.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Dallas, New Jersey, Nasvhille and Florida are not budget teams AFAIK.

Ottawa, Arizona & Anaheim definitely have internal caps, Carolina i'm not 100% sure about but I think their owner is committed to spending whatever is necessary to win.

Anaheim did a very good job with an internal cap for a while. It can be done, but you have to draft really well.

Anaheim is a weird situation. Sometimes they have operated under an internal cap, some years not. They had an internal cap for several years and it really cost them in the playoffs when depth issues became more apparent. In recent years, the ducks have basically spent to the cap.

In the next few years, I could seem them being below the cap during the re-tool if they can shed a few contracts (Kesler to IR and Perry to trade/buyout). I think the bottom line is the team's owners will spend to the cap if they are in a window to win a Stanley Cup. They won't be for a few years so we may be back to being a budget team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don’t need to bet, the team has always had money issues untill the cheapskate bought them and backed 100 million in loses.
And now the team has been cut off EM’s teet.
First they went bankrupt now they have ran up massive debt. I’m not sure what else needs to be said in order for you to see the reality of the situation.
Look you arent convincing anyone.....So why keep trying ??,the team will be here long after your boss isnt

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Pretty sure the MLB has had the most variety in World Series winners of any of the Big 4 leagues in recent years. It's the only one of the big 4 North American sports to have 5 different champions in the last 5 years both the NBA and NFL have teams that account for 3 of the titles, and the NHL has Pitt repeating, plus Chicago and LA who have won 2 and 1 other in the last decade. Baseball is arguably the most competitive league.
MLB is not a good example for removing the cap. The top 6 teams as far as payroll goes have won 11 of the last 15 titles.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Amazing how all three had teams when there was no salary cap
Pittsburgh almost had to move because they tried keeping up with the big-market teams in the 2000s and didn't have the money to do so.

That is not a good take on your part

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Look you arent convincing anyone.....So why keep trying ??,the team will be here long after your boss isnt

Lol I already told you I don’t need to convince anyone one, it’s already happened, and I’m the Boss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->