Interesting pre-season read

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah whoever wrote this has been paying attention....honestly things I have seen people on these boards say "goal differential" ...cutting down goals against with new goalies and added defense. Can't find anything wrong with what was said and I hope this comes to fruition.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
From 3/11/14:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
We have the worst save percentage among every team by a good amount. If we had league average, it's very possible that we are a point behind the Rangers. Someone actually did the math, I can't.

And Anderson is signed on, Gibson is ready for next year. Hiller creates a log jam.
Is this what you were referring to?

I actually did that analysis about a month ago as a response to another poster asking why we would have wanted to trade for Miller:

This team would have been much bigger winners THIS YEAR with Miller. For crying out loud, JUST DO THE D**N MATH.

Miller Save% - .927

Team Isles Save% - .892

Shots on Goal Faced: 1702

GAA for Miller: .927 x 1702 = 1578 saves / 124 Goals Allowed if Miller played our games.

Actual total GA for season for NY Team: 187!!!!!!

A GOAL PLUS LESS per game!!

Boston 160 Goals For / 118 Against = 34-16-3 record

NYI 158 Goals For / 187 Against = 21-27-8 record

We would basically have the same stats as Boston (158 Goals For / 124 Goals Against) if Miller were our goalie!!

Unreal you can try to make that argument. And don't tell me how great the Buffalo team defense is.

As you can see, with a Miller as our goalie, playing the same way, we are EASILY in the playoffs by now. Hope you can understand the frustration of this season when you see how close we really were to being pretty good; ONE TOP NOTCH GOALIE!

And how frustrating it was last summer not picking up Schneider or Bernier . . .

----------

Like this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad