Interesting Observation for individual stats

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
When was the last time we were in February and the two leading scorers were draft eligible and the leading goal scorer was also draft eligible?

Of course, it may not end the season like that but I think that may highlight how poor the 2000 draft class was in the OHL.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There will be a greater surplus of OA next season than this one, imo. And, the 2001 birth year is considered worse by scouts!

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
When was the last time we were in February and the two leading scorers were draft eligible and the leading goal scorer was also draft eligible?

Of course, it may not end the season like that but I think that may highlight how poor the 2000 draft class was in the OHL.
Not sure about February but in 2014-15 the top 3 scorers Dylan Strome, Mitch Marner and Connor McDavid were all draft eligible.

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not sure about February but in 2014-15 the top 3 scorers Dylan Strome, Mitch Marner and Connor McDavid were all draft eligible.

Very true. That said, they were all basically top 5 guys. It is probable that none of Perfetti, Rossi and Quinn will be picked top 5.

In retrospect, it should be noted the top players end up playing in the WJHC for a month so it probably happens enough. For example, if McMichael didn't play in the tourney, he'd probably be leading in scoring. Same with Kaliyev.

Reactions: rangersblues

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I had noticed the youth at the top of the scoreboard too. I’m not sure about top 5 but Rossi, Perfetti and Quinn should go pretty early. Two other factors that crossed my mind are players being kept with their NHL clubs....but I could only think of Hayton and Wilde and players being kept up with Pro’s happens pretty often. The other is how many kids from the 2000/01 draft classes chose other routes? You’d think if Joel Farabee reported to Flint he’d be up there among others I’m sure. I have no evidence to support the “other route” theory it just crossed my mind there could have been a couple/few kids that went NCAA that could on top of the OHL scoring list.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
I had noticed the youth at the top of the scoreboard too. I’m not sure about top 5 but Rossi, Perfetti and Quinn should go pretty early. Two other factors that crossed my mind are players being kept with their NHL clubs....but I could only think of Hayton and Wilde and players being kept up with Pro’s happens pretty often. The other is how many kids from the 2000/01 draft classes chose other routes? You’d think if Joel Farabee reported to Flint he’d be up there among others I’m sure. I have no evidence to support the “other route” theory it just crossed my mind there could have been a couple/few kids that went NCAA that could on top of the OHL scoring list.
You are absolutely correct.
I’m sure we could all agree that if Cole Canfield or Jack Beecher were wearing a Greyhounds uniform instead at U of Wisconsin, both would be on the top end of the league leaders.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
You are absolutely correct.
I’m sure we could all agree that if Cole Canfield or Jack Beecher were wearing a Greyhounds uniform instead at U of Wisconsin, both would be on the top end of the league leaders.

Its almost impossible to predict how it would go if everyone came to the OHL, Turcotte centering Perfetti would have Cole even higher than he is now IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->