Interesting insight from Andrew Ference (31 Thoughts: The Podcast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You haven't been paying attention to Friedmans game lately. He seems to be stirring this anti-Oilers crap quite a lot.

This podcast was all about ripping the org. Undeniably so. Overall I can see how that would occur. Its the players specific ripping I take more offense to. Or that Ference came here to retire and not bring anything in his contract and then later complain about how bad others were. Andrew Ference was so bad the oilers couldn't even play him. Not even in 6/7.

whoa whoa.... let's not get too hypocritical here... so it's ok for you and some others on hfoil to relentlessly rip the oil org but once someone else in the media or a former player does it it's out of bounds??? lol comeon man. be better.

i think you're just sore that this ripping of the org is also tied in to ripping of guys like hall and ebs whom you happen to love. if this was a straight up ripping of the organization for TRADING hall i bet you would TOTALLY approve. heck you basically gleefully mentioned how the commentator yesterday made a jab about the hall trade when lars took the delay of game penalty.

your opinions keep changing based on whether it fits your pro hall or anti chia narratives. i see through you dude. you like to think my opinions are biased but i would say not nearly as heavily biased as your's.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
whoa whoa.... let's not get too hypocritical here... so it's ok for you and some others on hfoil to relentlessly rip the oil org but once someone else in the media or a former player does it it's out of bounds??? lol comeon man. be better.

i think you're just sore that this ripping of the org is also tied in to ripping of guys like hall and ebs whom you happen to love. if this was a straight up ripping of the organization for TRADING hall i bet you would TOTALLY approve. heck you basically gleefully mentioned how the commentator yesterday made a jab about the hall trade when lars took the delay of game penalty.

your opinions keep changing based on whether it fits your pro hall or anti chia narratives. i see through you dude. you like to think my opinions are biased but i would say not nearly as heavily biased as your's.

I didn't love Hall or Eberle. I was critical of both plenty of times. If we're being clear here. You know that as well, we've discussed it.

I called out Eberle constantly for half court play. I called out Hall for his on ice tantrum directed at Yakupov, for him being seen going out drinking after losses. Even his play and not expanding on his repertoire of high end play. He was too dependent on the rush. But he learned.

But I'm a curmudgeon fan primed for stated excess. I'm not posting professionally about the endeavor in which I earned my livelihood, I'm not Ference biting the hand that paid that retirement livelihood.

for clarity ;)

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
lol, now you're just being goofy. what a stretch to make that connection.
we lose one game after going like 9-2-2 or something and you choose now to pipe up to blow hot air about your silly narrative.
in the last 3 years here, lars has done more to help the oilers WIN games than hall has in this entire tenure here. but i guess it doesn't show up as points so you're unable to comprehend how.

LOL what a joke.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
LOL what a joke.

Yeah, didn't respond to that part because its selective attribution, there no point, nothing will come from debating that selective a view.

Obviously an MVP calibre player can move the bar more in a tenable situation. Almost everybody comprehends this.

Larsson is essentially being a Jason Smith here, nothing more. Chia traded a Taylor Hall for a Jason Smith.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yeah, didn't respond to that part because its selective attribution, there no point, nothing will come from debating that selective a view.

Obviously an MVP calibre player can move the bar more in a tenable situation. Almost everybody comprehends this.

Larsson is essentially being a Jason Smith here, nothing more. Chia traded a Taylor Hall for a Jason Smith.

Part of me would be curious to see how the Oilers would do if McDavid ever missed any time and how far Larsson's contributions would go at that point. But I am an Oilers fan, so I wouldn't wish that kind of disaster on myself.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I didn't love Hall or Eberle. I was critical of both plenty of times. If we're being clear here. You know that as well, we've discussed it.

I called out Eberle constantly for half court play. I called out Hall for his on ice tantrum directed at Yakupov, for him being seen going out drinking after losses. Even his play and not expanding on his repertoire of high end play. He was too dependent on the rush. But he learned.

But I'm a curmudgeon fan primed for stated excess. I'm not posting professionally about the endeavor in which I earned my livelihood, I'm not Ference biting the hand that paid that retirement livelihood.

for clarity ;)

fair enough... i just don't think we should be too sensitive about media or ex players simply stating what they think is the truth even if it makes us look bad. who's fault is it that there's ammo to attack our organization, hall, ebs etc? it's management and those player's faults. not the media people for having something to write or talk about that they believe is true.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

i know nothing good will come of this but i'd trade a guy like hall (and his overall pkg) for jason smith in his prime any day of the week. as you know i think hall's play is overrated and his negative attitude and cultural contributions make him someone i would not want anywhere near my team or star players like connor or drai. smith was a good leader who can make 18 other guys on the team better. i'd rather have that less talented guy who makes 18 players better than one more talented guy who makes 18 other guys worse.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
i know nothing good will come of this but i'd trade a guy like hall (and his overall pkg) for jason smith in his prime any day of the week. as you know i think hall's play is overrated and his negative attitude and cultural contributions make him someone i would not want anywhere near my team or star players like connor or drai. smith was a good leader who can make 18 other guys on the team better. i'd rather have that less talented guy who makes 18 players better than one more talented guy who makes 18 other guys worse.

Your team would suck so bad but at least they'd be in bed at a reasonable hour.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Your team would suck so bad but at least they'd be in bed at a reasonable hour.

ya we sure didn't suck when we had "talented" players like hall, ebs, nuge, gags, nilsson, omark, yak, drai, connor, petry, schultz, gilbert, hemsky, perron, etc through the years. :shakehead

hilarious how everyone thought the 2015-16 team was so stacked. lol what a terrible year that was. i would bet that team would be no worse if not better if it had a guy like smith or larsson over hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->