Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
NHL.com - Stats

Of goalies who have played 15 games or more (32 qualify), Korpisalo is now tied for 17th in GAA and 23rd in save percentage.

He's definitely on an upward trend.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
NHL.com - Stats

Of goalies who have played 15 games or more (32 qualify), Korpisalo is now tied for 17th in GAA and 23rd in save percentage.

He's definitely on an upward trend.

Of the 35 goalies now, he ranks 28th. GAA seems a bit irrelevant, since that comes down to shot quality (and quantity) the team is allowing.

CBJ 1920 5v5 Shot Locations (Against)

The team is doing an amazing job at 5v5 limiting chances, and as you can see from the heat map they're not allowing them in a lot of the dangerous areas.

There's a good case to be made Korpisalo is a terrible goalie, actually.

Reactions: cslebn

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Of the 35 goalies now, he ranks 28th. GAA seems a bit irrelevant, since that comes down to shot quality (and quantity) the team is allowing.

The team is doing an amazing job at 5v5 limiting chances, and as you can see from the heat map they're not allowing them in a lot of the dangerous areas.

That's night and day for the low slot between this year and previous ones

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

You could also argue that the forwards are working so hard at being deep in the zone to not allow high-quality shots that it stifles the offense.

nhlfan51

May 18, 2019
JD and Jarmo rolled the dice last year by trading high draft picks for rentals and we got a first round playoff victory. I think we are a long way from winning another playoff series as we have no offensive talent and few draft picks. JD is no longer here to clean up the mess Jarmo and he created.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Who will be the Jackets rep at the all star game? PLD? Jones? Can the team tell the league that no one should go lol

Probably either Jones or Werenski - the top two Dmen in the division are Carlson and Hamilton, but it's not like the next group is significantly better (DeAngelo, Provorov, Letang, Trouba, Slavin, etc.) that you wouldn't take one of the CBJ Dmen over them.
Korpi clearly isn't getting the nod in net - there's either of the Islanders goalies, either of the Rangers (either a last hurrah for Henrik or a reward to Georgiev), Holtby, etc. - without turning into Patrick Roy for a month.
Among the forwards, right now you have to take Panarin, Svechnikov, Ovechkin, and Guentzel. To get Philly a rep (assuming they don't take Provorov or...Carter Hart?) maybe they go with Konecny at forward as well. And the Devils need a rep so...Taylor Hall? Although, if they want actual centers maybe they shuffle in Malkin and/or Kuznetsov over the first four guys. I think if Malkin keeps up his pace for another few weeks he could take a spot over Guentzel.

There are, like, 15-20 forwards having better seasons than the closest Jacket. I don't think Korpisalo is really close for one of the two goalie spots. But, I don't think Jones/Werenski (though Z won't have enough games by the time he gets back) are drastically worse from Dman #3 in the division to make it a head-scratching move. It's basically the only option that makes sense.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Probably either Jones or Werenski - the top two Dmen in the division are Carlson and Hamilton, but it's not like the next group is significantly better (DeAngelo, Provorov, Letang, Trouba, Slavin, etc.) that you wouldn't take one of the CBJ Dmen over them.
Korpi clearly isn't getting the nod in net - there's either of the Islanders goalies, either of the Rangers (either a last hurrah for Henrik or a reward to Georgiev), Holtby, etc. - without turning into Patrick Roy for a month.
Among the forwards, right now you have to take Panarin, Svechnikov, Ovechkin, and Guentzel. To get Philly a rep (assuming they don't take Provorov or...Carter Hart?) maybe they go with Konecny at forward as well. And the Devils need a rep so...Taylor Hall? Although, if they want actual centers maybe they shuffle in Malkin and/or Kuznetsov.

There are, like, 15-20 forwards having better seasons than the closest Jacket. I don't think Korpisalo is really close for one of the two goalie spots. But, I don't think Jones/Werenski (though Z won't have enough games by the time he gets back) are drastically worse from Dman #3 in the division to make it a head-scratching move. It's basically the only option that makes sense.

Agreed. It's Seth.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Props to Jody Shelley for having a young man interested in covering pro sports shadowing him.
13 year old Liam got in a great question, probably the best Torts has heard in a while.....
of course when your competition is Portzline and Hedger he's bound to look good

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Asked twice where Carlsson has been the last two seasons — how he fell virtually off the Blue Jackets’ radar for call-ups, prospect rankings, etc. — Tortorella cast an ominous tone.

“I have my thoughts,” Tortorella said. “I’m not going to give them to you. It’s something out of his control. I have some thoughts on that, but I can’t talk about it here.”

Portzline: Dubois, Jenner rally injury-ravaged Blue Jackets,...

?????

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Sounds like he wants him up here while Jarmo sends him down while he's waiver eligible. Can't really think of anything else that would be out of the players control.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Sounds like he wants him up here while Jarmo sends him down while he's waiver eligible. Can't really think of anything else that would be out of the players control.

Waivers doesn't matter since it was an emergency recall, at least in this instance.

Also, if he wanted him up here why did he play him 9:44 last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->