Interesting Info: Part XV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but what are the chances that Jack Johnson is moved? If he were to be moved, what would the asking price be? I feel like he would be a good fit in Calgary.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but what are the chances that Jack Johnson is moved? If he were to be moved, what would the asking price be? I feel like he would be a good fit in Calgary.

Unlikely. We need defensive upgrade so JJ likely stays unless blown away

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
fair enough, was just curious because I think he would fit very well in Calgary

Giordano ... ? :sarcasm:

Like the above poster, I think it's unlikely that Johnson gets moved unless it's for an upgrade on defense. He's a core part of the defense corps and would be too big of a loss unless the return were in favor of the CBJ.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Giordano ... ? :sarcasm:

Like the above poster, I think it's unlikely that Johnson gets moved unless it's for an upgrade on defense. He's a core part of the defense corps and would be too big of a loss unless the return were in favor of the CBJ.

I'd be willing to make an exception for Monahan.;)

(I really don't want to know how many more pieces would have to move to make that a balanced trade.)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

I disagree with others and would guess he would be available, problem is with his "personal baggage" now sure how appealing he would be in a trade.
So my guess is he will be back (because I don' think he would get us much back) but I do think the CBJ will need to move a salary or two in offseason.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Agreed. Billy is a great guy. I wish for him nothing but the best!

Thirded. I've criticized his color style in the past, but really he seems like a very likeable, family-oriented guy. Nothing but the best wishes for Bill and his family, I really hope to see him back on the air again soon.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Chris MacFarland leaves Columbus to become the Av's assistant GM.

He must really hate Cleveland. :sarcasm:

He basically ran the AHL team, right? at least from a CBJ perspective? Can't really remember what his responsibilities were before and after JD/Jarmo.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hahaha so awkward. Take over AHL affiliate, formerly the Avs affiliate, for 3 weeks. Leave to join Avs organization.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...tant-gm-chris-macfarland-leaving-organization

With the Blue Jackets, MacFarland assisted the club in all hockey-related matters including scouting, player contract research and negotiations, salary-cap management and arbitration, collective bargaining agreement administration, budgeting and team scheduling issues. He also oversaw hockey operations efforts of the club's minor league affiliates.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
He must really hate Cleveland. :sarcasm:

He basically ran the AHL team, right? at least from a CBJ perspective? Can't really remember what his responsibilities were before and after JD/Jarmo.

Looking at Portzline's tweets, yes he was basically running the AHL team.

He also said writing on the wall for him the minute Davidson came and surrounded himself with his guys.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
McFarland was OK, but I think we can do better. Anxious to see who JD and Jarmo bring in.

They already hired Bill Zito a couple years ago as Assistant GM.

The whole "assistant to the GM" and then being promoted to "assistant GM" for McFarland ('07-'08 I think) reminded me way too much of The Office :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Zito is for contract negotiations and scouting, not AHL team moves. Hopefully our next Ast. GM can run the Monsters well.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
The article said they will be making more front office hires this summer.

If they are truly looking for a replacement former NHLer and hockey philosopher Jarkko Ruutu could be a name to look after. But like Jarmo says it "I don't believe into that you sell much less wieners in Sunday. Level of the game then will drop certainly."

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
If they are truly looking for a replacement former NHLer and hockey philosopher Jarkko Ruutu could be a name to look after. But like Jarmo says it "I don't believe into that you sell much less wieners in Sunday. Level of the game then will drop certainly."

That has to sound better in Finnish.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Maybe it's Zito that should have left the organization. He's credited with what I consider some of the worst extension numbers. Also which idiot was responsible for the Horton fiasco?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure that's a hockey ops decision completely. Nonetheless that's like 5 people's bad decision.

I'm not going to get into a big discussion about it, but, again, the Horton situation is very easy to judge - but there were a lot of factors involved. Decisions don't have to be 'bad' to not work out. Sometimes very sound decisions don't have the desired outcome. It's easy and apparently a lot of fun to criticize the Horton situation from afar with a limited amount of information, but I can't help but wonder how much differently people would feel if they either considered the complex situation a little more carefully.

Ultimately, the whole thing was unfortunate, of course. There's no denying that. The idea though, that the CBJ management, lawyers and so forth are all morons is difficult for me to grasp. Insurance of any kind is about risk and educated guesses. There are also limitations placed by the insurance process.

Did someone make the 'wrong' decision? In hindsight, I guess - but given the same information, odds and probabilities, it's doubtful to me that they'd do anything differently given the facts and restrictions they had to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad