Interesting article on Murray and Steen

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Nice article. It sheds a little more light on the Murray situation. It seems to me that Canada's reluctance to have him on their roster centered on the play of Dawes, who is playing really well. He would have had to bumped Nigel Dawes off the roster and it would have been doubtful that he could have done this. So he took the guaranteed thing and no one should fault him for that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
VOB said:
Nice article. It sheds a little more light on the Murray situation. It seems to me that Canada's reluctance to have him on their roster centered on the play of Dawes, who is playing really well. He would have had to bumped Nigel Dawes off the roster and it would have been doubtful that he could have done this. So he took the guaranteed thing and no one should fault him for that.

Yeah, he and Dawes are similar players. I don't fault either country (or Murray for that matter) for how things played out. Steen's situation is just as interesting IMO. He actually spent much of his youth in Canada.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Rabid Ranger said:
Yeah, he and Dawes are similar players. I don't fault either country (or Murray for that matter) for how things played out. Steen's situation is just as interesting IMO. He actually spent much of his youth in Canada.

Great Read Thanks... :handclap:

Personally I think both made the right decision....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad