Interested in IIHF tournament history?

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

Quite recently I got a big pile of information about the Finnish hockey nationally and internationally.

I cannot guarantee all the answers, but at least the chances have improved a lot.

All the best
Jukka

Reactions: shills

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all after a while!

I have some new pieces of info on the site now about WC on the presentations:

An anecdote about one player from 1931, Some info about Sweden 1932, A bit of trivia about Canada 1951, re-evaluation about the best players of the seventies plus some new sources.

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

There is a new address to my website and it is: site

You can also get to the facebook group 'the centennila hockey website' there.

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

There is a new address to my website and it is: site

You can also get to the facebook group 'the centennila hockey website' there.

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

The info on the 1964 Olympic qualification games Japan vs. Australia is updated.

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello!

I just noticed France and Great Britain had qualification games for the 1965 WC tournament in Tampere.

Naturally any information about the goalscores is most welcome!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

Scores about the qualification games GBR vs. France for 1965 completed. Still scoring information about Italy vs. Hungary is most welcome. Plus any scoring info about the qualification series for 1966 in Bucharest (Rumania, Italy, France).

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

After some help and own research there is just one qualification missing from this period of time (1920-1969) Rumania-France 10.12.1965 Bucharest (11-3).

Anyone knowing about them is of course most welcome to inform me!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I've added an unofficial national team tournament stats to the 1954 WC tournament. Any additional information with scoring stats is welcome!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I've added some new information to the site. Including: reasons for the absence of the US team from 1928 olympic and the 1930 WC tournament, the reason's for the Sudbury Tigers absence from WC 1938, about the IIHF membership of USA since 1949 and some info about East Germany 1966 to the tournament presentations.

All the best
Jukka

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Important work, but boy is this thread sad to read. Commend you for doing this without much recognition.

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

Some additional information about the US absence from St Moritz 1928, 1935 Davos, 1937 London and 1954 Stockholm!

All the best
Jukka

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
Somes old stats information?!

Hello you people interested in IIHF old hockey statistics!

This time I'm just asking to fill my personal lists:

Does anyone have any information of the 1948 banned US Olympic team and the 1963 Stockholm World Championship US team rosters?

All the best
Jukka
Kaiser Matias who is active on here somewhat has posted a complete roster of the 1948 us olympic team on wikipedia, but I do not know if you meant the team that traveled that did not get to play. The IIHF guide and record book has complete rosters for every top level tournament, I could dig it out in the next couple of days and post.

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello baronsforever!

I do have the rosters from 1948 of both teams now. But thanks for the offer anyway.

If there is something still missing with my stats, we'll keep in touch.

All the best
Jukka

member 305909

I have often wondered if they still today had the same format which was in place until 1992 when instead of 8 teams there were 12 teams and play-offs.

Before 1992 it was 8 teams with a round-robin and the top4 advancing to the medal-series and the bottom 4 in the relegation series.

Back in the day Finland only once managed to get to the top 4. That was in 1986. All other times there was a disappointment but never any real fear of relegation.

If that system was still in place today there would be desperate calls to expand the number of teams in the tournament.

Today we complain that 16 teams is too many.

Perhaps the truth lies in the middle. The decision to expand from 12 to 16 was a mistake.

Except that it wasn't. It is important for a sport which is not global like soccer, basketball etc to include as many teams as possible without having ridiculous results in the world championships.

Rugby is a much bigger sport than hockey but yet they also have an oversized world cup compared to how many competitive countries there are.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Kaiser Matias who is active on here somewhat has posted a complete roster of the 1948 us olympic team on wikipedia, but I do not know if you meant the team that traveled that did not get to play. The IIHF guide and record book has complete rosters for every top level tournament, I could dig it out in the next couple of days and post.

Thanks for the recognition.

I did indeed put up roster pages for all Olympics (men's tournaments only at this time; working on women's). Also nearly finished country-specific rosters, which would have all players, tournaments played, and basic stats and medals. Ideally I'd like to clean up the Olympic-specific pages to be similar (stats and so on), but it is a lot of effort, and I got some other projects going on slowing it down even more.

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I've posted some information about the absence of Canada from the the WC tournaments of 1947 and 1957. I've also added some extra information about the participation of Lyndhurst Motors of Stockholm 1954.

All the best
Jukka

Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->