LeBrun: Interest Picking Up on Marcus Johansson

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Ever heard of Inflaton? It's not like Before.
The devaluation of currency (picks and prospects) in respect to the goods (NHL vets) would suggest, that the NHL vets are better prepared to contribute to success than younger players. Quite the opposite seems to be true, as there are more young players making an impact in the NHL today.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
NJ needs a #1D, #1G, and a #1C to actually contend. They need to keep building for at least a couple years after this one. Hall+Hichier isn't enough to carry a bunch of supporting pieces.
Toronto is in desperate need of a replacement level fan base. You can't always get everything you want.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The question is if he's a #1C right now. I don't see a single playoff team where he'd be #1C without question today.
If Kapanen and Johnsson are proven top 6 winger and Nylander is elite, Hischier is also a #1C. If not, Hischier has some growing to do so.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
The question is if he's a #1C right now. I don't see a single playoff team where he'd be #1C without question today.

He is out scoring the highest scoring centres on Vegas and Minnesota right now. But I can’t argue with your subjective use of ‘without question’ which you’ll likely use as a trump card because you don’t throw out a subjective phase like that without expecting to worm under it to win arguments.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
YwhDLC43.jpg

Could be a good depth option for someone

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
A 60 point pace is not a #1C. Can you really see Hichier as the #1C on a cup winner?
I mean, we got to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals with 50 point rookie rookie Adam Henrique as our #1 center in 2012.

You also make it sound like a guy who turned 20 last month is a completed project that won't grow or improve over time. If he gets 60 points this year why can't he get 70 next year? Why can't a guy getting 60 points on a bottom-3 team get more points next year just by virtue of the team being better?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
So he was worth a 2nd and a 3rd coming off a 58 point season with two years left on his deal, but now that hes performing well under that pace on an expiring contract he is worth a first.

I dont see it. 3rd and a B prospect. Too many options this year

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
So he was worth a 2nd and a 3rd coming off a 58 point season with two years left on his deal, but now that hes performing well under that pace on an expiring contract he is worth a first.

I dont see it. 3rd and a B prospect. Too many options this year

I respectfully disagree with the logic of this. MoJo was essentially acquired for quarters on the dollar at the time because of the Caps' extremely tight salary cap situation. He was traded the same day that Kuznetsov signed his extension. Additionally the market is a little different in the off-season vs. trade deadline. However, I do agree with you that we might need to temper our expectations for a return because of injury concerns and potential oversaturation of the winger market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad