LeBrun: Interest Picking Up on Marcus Johansson

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
MoJo is a smart, two-way, top 6 LW. He can easily fetch a 1st + in the deadline market

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I've said it before that Johansson is a terrific player, but I do think the team he is traded to needs to be a strong fit. There's probably a good chunk of playoff teams that don't really need a guy like him the way their lineup is constructed.

Could be a great compliment to a two-way center on the second line where he can use his puck carrying and playmaking abilities to make a line more dynamic.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I've said it before that Johansson is a terrific player, but I do think the team he is traded to needs to be a strong fit. There's probably a good chunk of playoff teams that don't really need a guy like him the way their lineup is constructed.

Could be a great compliment to a two-way center on the second line where he can use his puck carrying and playmaking abilities to make a line more dynamic.
A team like Boston really needs secondary scoring, and he is a perfect compliment to that top six. I could see him being a good fit with Krejci. Islanders, Canadiens, Hurricanes, Blues and Dallas could use him as well

Reactions: Son of Donegal

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
I’m hoping for a late first but expecting a 2nd + B prospect. Then again it’s Shero trading so who knows what he gets

Reactions: MakoSlade

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
A team like Boston really needs secondary scoring, and he is a perfect compliment to that top six. I could see him being a good fit with Krejci. Islanders, Canadiens, Hurricanes, Blues and Dallas could use him as well

I think the Bruins should aim much higher for the top 6. 3rd line, perhaps. If adding for the 3rd line I'd be more interested in Simmonds.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Why not try and re-sign him?
I would sign him to a 3 year deal but want to avoid paying him well into the thirties due to his recent concussion history. Really like the player, but won't like the next contract. Plus, I think Jeppe Boqvist is ready for that 2LW role next year.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

Curious to see what teams he would be a fit on and what the Devils could get in a trade.

I would imagine a 2nd + prospect would be the hopeful return.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong tag. Lebrun not Dreger.

i have to chuckle a bit when a player who's had only a few good but certainly not great seasons has a "5 team no trade list"!! :laugh: let me guess.....Arizona, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Minnesota?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If you could maybe package him with a guy like Lovejoy or some other semi-decent depth rental, you may be able to slip out a 1st for him if the team likes both pieces. On his own, 2nd+ prospect is fair.

Reactions: MakoSlade

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Why not try and re-sign him?

His soft, peripheral play-making style is incredibly redundant in our lineup. He’s definitely a talented player, but the Devils would do better to find an alternative that fits the team better.

And I say that only given how deep this upcoming free agency class projects to be. If it were a “down” free agency year, I’d be more inclined to keep Johansson around. Given the options available, though, the Devils are better off spending any Johansson money on a different player that brings something new/fresh to the team.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
When he’s healthy this guy is right there with the other wingers available at the deadline this year. Though he does strike me as the bridesmaid to the others, so probably one of the last guys traded for after Simmonds and the like for wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad