Dreger: Interest in David Krejci? Bruins would also like to move Backes

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
The Bruins are a cup contender so you just don't trade these players for nothing. You want a great return or you just don't do it. So the question should be. Did the Bruins lose in the playoffs because of Krejci/Backes. The answer should be no. Did they lose because of so so defence, maybe or was it plain to the eye just bad goaltending. Maybe it's time to start fixing the real problems.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
The Bruins are a cup contender so you just don't trade these players for nothing. You want a great return or you just don't do it. So the question should be. Did the Bruins lose in the playoffs because of Krejci/Backes. The answer should be no. Did they lose because of so so defence, maybe or was it plain to the eye just bad goaltending. Maybe it's time to start fixing the real problems.

It's pretty obvious that they lost because only Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, and DeBrusk were scoring against the Lightning.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
It's pretty obvious that they lost because only Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, and DeBrusk were scoring against the Lightning.

You realize that Krejci had the same amount of goals with more points then Debrusk in that series with one, Nash had even more goals then him. When you have a goalie that only stops 19/22 shots when it's a must win game, you kind of need those key saves. Didn't see many if any. That deflats a team fast.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
You realize that Krejci had the same amount of goals with more points then Debrusk in that series with one, Nash had even more goals then him. When you have a goalie that only stops 19/22 shots when it's a must win game, you kind of need those key saves. Didn't see many if any. That deflats a team fast.

If you are going to blame Rask, that just doesn't make any sense to me other than just looking for a scapegoat. The Bruins didn't score enough. It was their bottom half of the lineup that did not score. Injuries were a factor for some but that is going to happen. They need to upgrade on the depth scoring.

The 4th line could not handle the Lightning or score. The 3rd line could not handle the Lightning or score. That's the series right there.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't get how the Bruins have a bad cap situation, is it just to sign Kovy? They seem like they have more than enough space to sign a back up goalie and a few depth forwards.

There's plenty of room for next year, but problems could arrive the year after when the kids need new contracts.

Bestido

Jun 19, 2018
If you are going to blame Rask, that just doesn't make any sense to me other than just looking for a scapegoat. The Bruins didn't score enough. It was their bottom half of the lineup that did not score. Injuries were a factor for some but that is going to happen. They need to upgrade on the depth scoring.

The 4th line could not handle the Lightning or score. The 3rd line could not handle the Lightning or score. That's the series right there.

The turning point was that non call when Kucherov tripped Mcavoy, and then Tampa scored to tie it. If that didnt happen, Boston probably wins that game, and maybe Krug doesnt get hurt. The series would have been 2-2 and then who knows. Tampa probably still would have won the series, but you just never know. They do need more help from the 3rd and 4th lines. Donato is a stud and he will be a big help next year, wherever they put him in the lineup. I would like to see Cehlarik get back into the lineup too. He didnt get many points but i thought he had some chemistry when he was in the lineup with Krejci two years ago

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
The turning point was that non call when Kucherov tripped Mcavoy, and then Tampa scored to tie it. If that didnt happen, Boston probably wins that game, and maybe Krug doesnt get hurt. The series would have been 2-2 and then who knows. Tampa probably still would have won the series, but you just never know. They do need more help from the 3rd and 4th lines. Donato is a stud and he will be a big help next year, wherever they put him in the lineup. I would like to see Cehlarik get back into the lineup too. He didnt get many points but i thought he had some chemistry when he was in the lineup with Krejci two years ago

That non call was horrendous especially after it seemed like they had just called far less blatant penalties.

I know what you mean about Cehlarik too, it seemed like he is on the same wavelength as Krejci if you know what I mean. Bjork is another guy who looked good at first, slowed down and then got injured.

They have another wave of forwards trying to make the NHL right behind those guys and it kind of looks like they are just going to let Czarnik walk because they will never have enough room for them all.

My favorite thing about Sweeney so far has been his drafting and developing of players. It became obvious that they needed two top 4 RHD and by the time that was painfully obvious he had already added Carlo and was about to draft McAvoy. I believe that for the most part the Bruins have the depth that they need in the system already but they are also in the position where they can make trades because they don't have enough room to fit everyone. I think trades are coming soon whether it is vets or prospects I can't be sure but it just makes sense that they will move some players soon. If a big time player is available for a package I believe that Sweeney has positioned himself to be able to compete with other teams and just maybe pull off a big trade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
oft injured, probably 2 mil overpaid, only had 98pts the last 2 years combined ...I mean a team like car/mtl/stl could overpay, but he isnt gonna command an ROR return

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I don't get how the Bruins have a bad cap situation, is it just to sign Kovy? They seem like they have more than enough space to sign a back up goalie and a few depth forwards.

Cam Neely said the Bruins have managed the cap well and are in good shape for this year and next. His comments today in the Boston Herald:

“With the cap being a little higher than anticipated, that helps,” Neely said. “Then we’ll see what happens in the course of next season and see where the cap goes. But I think we’ve done a pretty good job of really managing the cap and forecasting what the guys coming up may demand in contracts based on comps around the league. I think we’re in pretty good shape right now and moving forward for next year.”

With draft looming, Bruins prez Cam Neely chimes in on a number of subjects

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Cam Neely commented on Backes and Krejci today in the Herald.

Both Backes and David Krejci have been subject of the usual internet trade rumors/speculation, but Neely said neither have been approached about waiving their no-movement clauses.

With draft looming, Bruins prez Cam Neely chimes in on a number of subjects

Fine by me, I’d prefer not to move Krejci anyways. Backes I still like very much as a player and person, but I’d understand if the team moved on to sign someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad