Dreger: Interest in David Krejci? Bruins would also like to move Backes

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Well, you would really just have to find a replacement for Krejci. Price replaces Rask+)You move Backes to centre with Pasta/Marchand(good results when Bergeron was out two years ago) and get Bergeron some new linemates(Jake/Ryan) to name a few, or take that $4 mil differents to gets you a second line centre.

Not only did you get the lineups wrong, but Price hasn't bounced back to form since his latest injury. Given, he hasn't had much to work with in front of him but that contract is awful. I'd rather fill 2 holes with 14 mil than 1 hole with 10. Not helping Montreal be contenders again.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well, you would really just have to find a replacement for Krejci. Price replaces Rask+)You move Backes to centre with Pasta/Marchand(good results when Bergeron was out two years ago) and get Bergeron some new linemates(Jake/Ryan) to name a few, or take that $4 mil differents to gets you a second line centre.

I’d rather have Rask for 3 more years at 7 million than Price at 10.5 until 2026. By a lot. A lot lot lot. Never mind adding Krejci.

Reactions: bb_fan

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Backes for Brock Nelson? Nelson is RFA and 20 goals/year guy. He can play centre and LW. His knock is that he is not able to create plays, but he's pretty good at taking advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself and he's got a zipper of a wrist shot. Not quite as good as Boeser, but not that far off either.

No way in hell would I want the Islander to take on Backes contract even if he was offered to us for Free

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
10 + Lucic for Krejci + 57

I think that if they were to move Krejci I don't think they're going to be taking back Lucic, Lucic is a LW and the Bruins have a log jam at LW, I'm not sure if Lucic would play anywhere other than the 4th line at this point.

The Bruins also have moved on from Lucic a long time ago. They didn't want to pay him what he was going to get as an UFA back then, why would they want to pay him now when he is not what he used to be?

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
It’s very apparent who has
A) read the ducking article
B) checked contract statuses via capfriendly

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Krejci is still a good player he just misses to many games. Backes on the other hand is a shell of his former self and has too much term and money remaining - he will be near impossible to move without paying someone to take him IMO.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Backes for Brock Nelson? Nelson is RFA and 20 goals/year guy. He can play centre and LW. His knock is that he is not able to create plays, but he's pretty good at taking advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself and he's got a zipper of a wrist shot. Not quite as good as Boeser, but not that far off either.
I’d say he’s far off

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not buying till I see quotes from Sweeney

Just a meh baseless throw away comment

However, in one year if not signed Tyler Seguin becomes a UFA.

Seguin would be at the perfect age with a complete game and could take over number 1 center spot

Sweeney would do it

Would Neely & Jacobs give him the thumbs up

It will be 6 years between the trade

Time can heal many wombs

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Not buying till I see quotes from Sweeney

Just a meh baseless throw away comment

However, in one year if not signed Tyler Seguin becomes a UFA.

Seguin would be at the perfect age with a complete game and could take over number 1 center spot

Sweeney would do it

Would Neely & Jacobs give him the thumbs up

It will be 6 years between the trade

Time can heal many wombs

If we can welcome Brian Rolston back, I have no doubts TS would be loved again

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Krejci is still a good player he just misses to many games. Backes on the other hand is a shell of his former self and has too much term and money remaining - he will be near impossible to move without paying someone to take him IMO.

As said over and over again, come July 2nd, Backes will have three years at 3.66 per in real money left. Obvious his cap hit is still 6 million, but for a non cap team that’s a very very very fair price.

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
Backes was a solid player for Boston last year. Overpaid by a couple million. Weise might be overpaid by a couple million as well and isn't a solid player. I'm not sure if he is the same guy we remember from the end of his days in MTL. I'd want to know how the Bruins were going to spend the 3.65m in found money given their weakness was middle six scoring and you are moving out middle six scoring. 3.65m is obviously not enough money to bring back Rick Nash or get Kovi. So what are you really gaining here?

If you can move out Backes ENTIRE cap hit, or take back a guy on an expiring deal I'm all over it.

Backes has a 3 million dollar bonus this year and 3 million in salary. If you pay the bonus this year, can you find a team that wants Backes at 3m, 4m and 4m in real $ (6 million in cap) that will take the whole deal? Its not crazy if they are not a cap team.

If Bruins suddenly have 6 million in more cap space, it opens up a lot.

Makes sense to me. I’d rather over pay Kovy for a year or 3.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
As said over and over again, come July 2nd, Backes will have three years at 3.66 per in real money left. Obvious his cap hit is still 6 million, but for a non cap team that’s a very very very fair price.

True but $6M is a lot of cap space for Backes. I’m not how many teams have $6M in space available that could use David Backes. I can’t see a rebuilding team taking him in, although the cap has jumped.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017

Does he? As I posted before, he missed almost half a season once and 18 games last year but after that he averages missing 3 games a year. I swear I think people look at his stats and see the lockout year where he played 47 games, missing 1 game, and count it as him missing 35 games.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If we can welcome Brian Rolston back, I have no doubts TS would be loved again
Chiarelli publicity said it wasn’t unanimous and I posted 5 years ago I was told it was Don Sweeney.

Seguin will be 6 yrs older

Lot of time

80-30 Dallas signs him but if that 20% is there

He’s perfect age, skill, type of game

Bergeron
Marchand
Seguin
Pastrnak
DeBrusk

All drafted by Boston

Cue Duck Boats

Would JJ and Cam do it ?

I bet Don & Charlie would

Long shot but THIS was how it was supposed to be

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Chiarelli publicity said it wasn’t unanimous and I posted 5 years ago I was told it was Don Sweeney.

Seguin will be 6 yrs older

Lot of time

80-30 Dallas signs him but if that 20% is there

He’s perfect age, skill, type of game

Bergeron
Marchand
Seguin
Pastrnak
DeBrusk

All drafted by Boston

Cue Duck Boats

Would JJ and Cam do it ?

I bet Don & Charlie would

Long shot but THIS was how it was supposed to be

I thought Matriarch Jacobs was one of the reasons why Sequin was shipped out?

Reactions: Estlin

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Kreicji is soo smart and an elite playmaker IMO but hes played 1 complete season in the last 9. I wouldnt touch him.

Backes can probably be moved at the deadline but no point in trading for him now
I needed a laugh first thing this morning......So funny...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
He is not........This is fan talk......
Anyone should be for sale. Krejci isn't remotely at any godlike status at this stage.

This said, no I don't think he'll be moved. But it wouldn't doing their job if options weren't explored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad