Interest in an NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB Draft Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thread location: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1537451

Posted this in the General Sports forum but am looking for more people.

Not sure exactly how it would work but I'm just gauging the interest for this, so any ideas are welcome.

Basically there'd be a set number of teams beforehand and then a serpentine draft where you can take any player from any of the 4 sports to fill out 4 complete teams. So, someone could draft LeBron first overall, and someone else can take Cabrera second, Crosby third, etc.

The number would have to be worked around a bit as I don't think anyone wants to draft 50 NFL players per team, but I'm thinking starting lineups for NFL (+ maybe some additional receivers) and MLB (+ pitchers), and then full rosters for the NHL (12 F, 6 D, 2 G) and NBA (I believe it's 12 players).

After the teams are drafted, the people that are involved in the draft (and I guess anyone else as well, if they want) would rank each team in each respective sport (you can't include your own team), and you'd earn points based on where your team finishes for each sport and add them up for a total score.

And it would be for how well that team would play in real life for the upcoming season, not for fantasy purposes.

Just interested to see the strategy that would go into something like this.

If someone wants to include another sport like soccer or something, or scrap one of the sports I listed, that's fine too. I just picked the big 4 in North America to start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->