Post-Game Talk: Inter Squad 2 - Team Schneider 3, Team Luongo 0 (Team S also wins SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008

Don't know: he was discussing it on another forum.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/3381...1055033__hl__+dj +dave +streets#entry11055033

OP:
Honestly, does anyone actually get ANYTHING out of this opening song any more?

arguably the worst opening in the league from the ones i've seen in person/on TV

does the song instil anything but the vibe of "we are scared, unsure, *******?"

if the team wasn't soft enough already we have Bono serenading our opponent doing anything but pumping up the team/crowd

GET RID OF U2!

DJ Dave
Well kids, as luck would have it, we are looking into this very topic. stay tuned for more to follow, but just to say that this topic is not dead, in fact is very much alive!

one more week to go - and we're BACK IN BUSINESS!!!

DJD

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I like U2 for the intro.

bang bang bang can vamonos vamonos though. terrible for a goal song.

John Bender*

Ballard looks really good out there. Hope this keeps up while the speed of the games increase.

To be fair, has he ever started the year healthy?

I am thinking that the fanbase here will be calling for Bieska to be dealt and Ballard to be kept by year end.........just my gut feeling.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
i kinda liked LA in the playoffs... Marilyn Manson Beautiful People!

That gets a hockey player PUMPED for a game...

Not sure U2 has the same affect

Oh, i totally agree. U2 has that epic feeling to me, but beautiful people just gets me jacked for a game.

Those canucks blackhawks games in chicago also used beautiful people and the lights would go red as the players came out. so sick.

edit: it would just feel a little weird seeing the sedins coming out to such an intense song. You know? :laugh:

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I'll be PISSED if they change U2. There is no intro in the league like it in the playoffs.

I concur. The beginning of the first home game of the playoffs is always one of the season's highlights for me because of the intro. It is one of the few successful traditions unique to the Vancouver Canucks.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
You keep spouting this bs that schneider is bad in shootouts, he has hardly been in any, and the 1 or 2 he was in last year he did very well.

Is this patrick kane video overseas, or that frolik penalty shot from 2 years ago what lou fans latch onto?

At least give him chances in a shootout before talking trash, he has hardly been in any.

And we all know that is not lous strong point either, and he has never denied it, i generally think roberto does not like them, and i dont really either.

In the regular season Schneider is 4 for 4 on penalty shots i think

John Bender*

I concur. The beginning of the first home game of the playoffs is always one of the season's highlights for me because of the intro. It is one of the few successful traditions unique to the Vancouver Canucks.

That's pretty lame if our big tradition is playing "Where the Streets Have No Name" to start every game. I don't mean to be a dick but..........sorry............

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I hate both. U2 is old, and tired. They need to change it. Vamanos Vamanos is childish.

The tendency for Vancouverites to abandon anything that isn't "trendy" is a little tiresome. I would rather the canucks keep a unique and successful playoff tradition than hopping ship to whatever kind of tune the kiddies happen to like at the moment.

John Bender*

The tendency for Vancouverites to abandon anything that isn't "trendy" is a little tiresome. I would rather the canucks keep a unique and successful playoff tradition than hopping ship to whatever kind of tune the kiddies happen to like at the moment.

I don't care about being "trendy." I just think the opening is wholly underwhealming.

HFCanucks

Jan 7, 2013
My thoughts on tonights game... Much more intensity than last night
Sedins- Played very well again. Maybe trying to hard to score pretty goals.
Burrows/Higgins/Hansen- Played as people might expect them to. All seem to be skating a little quicker tonight than earlier in the week. Nothing too exciting though.
Raymond- Really good game. As noted, scored all 3 goals. Had many more chances and played great alonside Schroeder. Anybody else think his shot has improved?
Schroeder- Good game. His vision works really well with the speedy Raymond. Outplayed Ebbett again.
Lapierre- Didn't do all that much tonight. Never reached full speed tonight.
Kassian- Some give and goes early on. I thought he faded away as the game went on.
Volpatti- Didn't have a great game. Defensively he has problems. He has potential to be a good 4th liner because he skates so well. Easier to learn defence than speed/skating
Malhotra- Not as good as last night but still solid. Looked good on PK with Weise.
Weise- Playing well. I expect to see him on the PK this year. Has really improved his game.
Vandemeer- Looked too slow to be a forward. Physical game was good though.
Bieksa/Hamhuis- didn't really stand out tonight but played ok. more steady tonight.
Garrison- Looked really good. Big shots from the point. Gonna be good on the PP. Got crossed up with Edler a couple times. Ended up on the right side with Edler.
Edler- Solid game. Looks good with Garrison. Still occasionally getting crossed up but not really his fault tonight.
Ballard/Tanev- Another good outing. playing steady. Tanev looks like he is gaining confidence.
Barker- Looked slow tonight which caused him to be out of position. Was he the one who had a bit of a stick fight with raymond? I couldnt quite see what was going on in the corner.
Corrado- had a rough night. looked like he was lacking confidence.
Connauton- Played well tonight. a couple slip ups here and there but overall ok.
Sweatt- Played ok. Not as good as last night.
Rodin- Looked out of his league again...
Joslin- Solid game tonight. Best ice session of the entire week for him.
Schneider- Great game. Really liked how he outwaited all the shooters in the shoot out.
Luongo- didnt really have a good view of his play tonight so I cant say much.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Volpatti- Didn't have a great game. Defensively he has problems. He has potential to be a good 4th liner because he skates so well. Easier to learn defence than speed/skating

At 27 he's pretty closed to a finished product. Maybe you can mold him a little but for the most part it's a "what you see is what you get" kind of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->