Insight on Cody Ceci....

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
He is not confident, reminiscent of Rundblad. He has the skill to make the plays, but he doesn't try to and instead he makes a mistake by overthinking it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He is not confident, reminiscent of Rundblad. He has the skill to make the plays, but he doesn't try to and instead he makes a mistake by overthinking it.

This is a very fair assessment of Ceci so far. Hopefully time in the AHL will help him build confidence. He needs time to develop.

As it is he won't even be the first callup for injury.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He needs at least 1 season in Bingo under coach Luke.

Wouldn't be shocked if he played 2 years in Bingo like I've said in the past and got ridiculed.

Some people get overly excited about prospects. Most players don't make the fulltime jump to the NHL until they're at least 20.

Maybe Ceci puts it all together this year in Bingo, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario

It will come with some time. This wasn't an issue in the rookie tournament at all, he just has to adapt to the speed of the NHL. Still 1-2 years away from being truly NHL ready but he has the makings do a solid puck moving Dman, definitely top 4 potential with 2nd unit PP time.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Overthinking and slow decision making has always been his problem. Not a new thing. He needs to fix that or forget it. He will have the right coach and opportunity in bingo. Skills, size, skating are all there, just needs quicker decisive plays.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Ceci will be a big minute muncher in Bingo this year. The problem is for Ceci to get quality NHL time he needs to jump into the top 4. That will be hard now that the oldest guy in the Sens top 4 is 28 year old Methot.

I think the expectation is for him to jump to the big team next season replacing Corvo.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Hes got a lot of work to do, never liked the pick from day one. I dont think hes going to be very good. I see bottom pair defense maybe. Kind of like Cam Barker.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
He's got much better hockey sense then Cam Barker who has the hockey sense of a tree.

Tree's were once used to craft the hockey sticks used by some of the biggest talents in our sport, and thusly most definitely have more hockey sense than Cam Barker.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci's offensive game is already at the NHL level it's his defensive game that needs work. He's a big smart kid, he'll figure it out pretty quickly with \luke's help. I expect that he will be in the Ottawa lineup near the end of the season after the trade deadline maybe. I also think that he replaces Corvo in the lineup next season, management is very high on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad