• Maggie the Monkey

Votes: 19 25.0%

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In light of the flailing around by hockey’s Insiderrrrrzzzzzzz throwing all kinds of shit on the wall to see what sticks, I’m wondering whose seen as the heir apparent to the Bobfather, if there even is one.

Ignore my terrible name spelling.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
They are all pretty bad at being insiders. I think Teams are becoming more tight lipped though. Most are as a competent as Maggie the Monkey.

Bob McKenzie was pretty much the king. When he said something it was pretty much happening. I hated watching the draft with him. He never really ever had any insight or thought provoking analysis though.

Kevin Weekes breaks some things now.

Friedman used to be better but seems like a shill now.

Seravelli is probably my favourite of the bunch. He has a bit of an opinion which is refreshing. But I don’t think he knows much either.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
It’s honestly kind of a joke of a job. They can call it insiderrrr all they want but they’re just a glorified gossip columnist.

Good work if you can get it I guess but I do not respect what they do.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I thought LeBrun is the most accurate. Elliotte is one of the more serious. Seraville breaks things wven if you not want to hear it, like the expansion draft. How did he know everything.

Reactions: Zenos

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I voted Weekes just because I like his schtick.
He reminds me of this…

1676742053050.jpeg

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Friedman is the best in the business currently I’d say.

It’s not his fault people can differentiate between him speculating his own thoughts vs actual rumours. He has a hockey podcast to talk about hockey of course he is going to “wonder” about things.

People take anything he says as the gospel even when I think he’s pretty clear when he just talking hockey stuff

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Friedman is the best in the business currently I’d say.

It’s not his fault people can differentiate between him speculating his own thoughts vs actual rumours. He has a hockey podcast to talk about hockey of course he is going to “wonder” about things.

People take anything he says as the gospel even when I think he’s pretty clear when he just talking hockey stuff
Ask him about the Flames. he's one of the foremost turd polishers for that club and has been for years. Gotten to the point where anytime Freidman says anything I'd bet on the opposite taking place.

I voted Maggie the Monkey. The hockey press are buffoons and most teams have learned to despise them and they don't get shit. I think orgs work hard not to even drop hints as well they should. The hockey press don't deserve help and don't get any.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad