TSN: Insider Trading: Players propose August-September to finish season

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Makes sense, as long as society is back to normal then.

Would also be sweet as a hockey fan. Playoffs in the summer would be sweet. The idea of watching hockey in 20+ weather on the patio would be awesome. Then the draft, then a quick turn around for next season. Would make for an awesome summer.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Assuming things get better starting now, then sure. However it may just be worthwhile in this case to shorten 2021-2022 and start it in late November.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
It would be interesting as players from all the teams would have the chance to heal the bumps and bruises from the regular season. It could be some great hockey through 4 rounds vs. last man standing.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Players from teams that can’t get in the playoffs will be mailing it in more than usual.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why even have any regular season games at all. Just go to playoffs based on point percentage

Yeah and why not just a Round-robin with teams involved in the playoffs race? I know it's really not like usual but hey, everybody has to adapt to this situation

Or I don't know, finish the regular season and do best of 5 series...

But everything will depend on the time they'll have anyway so impossible to say at this point

Lottery should be done on April 9th though, as it was already scheduled :sarcasm:

Reactions: starling

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Makes sense, as long as society is back to normal then.

Would also be sweet as a hockey fan. Playoffs in the summer would be sweet. The idea of watching hockey in 20+ weather on the patio would be awesome. Then the draft, then a quick turn around for next season. Would make for an awesome summer.

I find this post to be both awesome AND sweet!

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
You don't want to set the TV up in the backyard and watch SC playoffs from the comfort of your pool while un-ironically sipping back Corona beer with a lime wedge?

I prefer to forego the lime and replace the beer in the neck of the Corona with a shot of vodka, but do go on.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Players are paid based on HRR ... their goal will always to be to get as close as possible to a full season.
So that prolongs the season well into late this year if we go by what the players want. Wouldn't that mean an even shorter season for 2020 than it already would have been had they just went straight to the playoffs?

I get what you're saying but due to the nature of the circumstances one would think they'd want to get to the playoffs sooner rather than later.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
This is bad news for us as mentioned above. A lot of those sharks players will be healthy, they could potentially put a dent in that draft position with 12 games left :help:

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If all they do is even up the number of games played then the Sens are at the max at 71. The lowest number of games played is 68 so some teams would have to make up 3 games. Using this method they would still impact the results since they have to rework the schedule so maxed out teams don't play extra games. What if a team reaches the max 71 games and then are scheduled to play a team at 70? Reshuffling opponents would have an impact because they'd play different opponents and not doing would make teams play extra games putting them back in the same uneven games played scenario.

So it's the earned points average as it stands or the 82 game season that make sense. Playing out a full season after such a long delay brings it's own impact on the season results for ufa on non playoff teams who have little to gain risking injury, retiring players normally free July 1 by existing NHL contract rules, those returning from injury who otherwise would not have played etc...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So that prolongs the season well into late this year if we go by what the players want. Wouldn't that mean an even shorter season for 2020 than it already would have been had they just went straight to the playoffs?

I get what you're saying but due to the nature of the circumstances one would think they'd want to get to the playoffs sooner rather than later.

I think the players proposal for 20-21 was a late start but didn’t necessarily limit the number of games .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->