Equipment: Inline Hockey Wheels - Current choices

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What is your favorite wheel to use these days? I couldn't find an updated post on this and thought we could use a thread where we frequently update with our favorite wheels.

Currently, I've been using the Konixx Pure +1 wheels, but have been looking at getting a new set of Labeda Addictions for different skates. When I used these before I had the yellow wheels, which are designed for lighter players, however the orange wheels are a bit confusing as they're for heavier players but offer more grip? From experience, I always enjoyed harder wheels, or wheels specifically for heavier players because they're harder and offer less grip for a lighter player, thus skating faster - is it still the case with the Labeda Wheels? I found it easier when it was labeled 74/76, x-soft/soft format, rather than grip/grip+. I believe the Orange wheels are 78, so in theory it should still provide less grip for a lighter player and be harder, correct?

Has anybody tried Rink Rat's latest wheels and do they hold up in durability these days, since they never did...

I also looked at Revision Flex - anybody have feedback on them?

Konixx pure have been awesome and one of my favorite wheels I've ever used. Highly recommended for durability, speed, and grip.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What is your favorite wheel to use these days? I couldn't find an updated post on this and thought we could use a thread where we frequently update with our favorite wheels.

Currently, I've been using the Konixx Pure +1 wheels, but have been looking at getting a new set of Labeda Addictions for different skates. When I used these before I had the yellow wheels, which are designed for lighter players, however the orange wheels are a bit confusing as they're for heavier players but offer more grip? From experience, I always enjoyed harder wheels, or wheels specifically for heavier players because they're harder and offer less grip for a lighter player, thus skating faster - is it still the case with the Labeda Wheels? I found it easier when it was labeled 74/76, x-soft/soft format, rather than grip/grip+. I believe the Orange wheels are 78, so in theory it should still provide less grip for a lighter player and be harder, correct?

Has anybody tried Rink Rat's latest wheels and do they hold up in durability these days, since they never did...

I also looked at Revision Flex - anybody have feedback on them?

Konixx pure have been awesome and one of my favorite wheels I've ever used. Highly recommended for durability, speed, and grip.

The way addictions work is there's two layers to the wheel, inner and outer layer. The outer layer is always the same hardness but the inner core can vary in hardness. Like you said the Orange ones are a little harder (78a vs standard 76a inner core)

But, yes, it will work the same like any other inline-wheel, using a harder inner core might sacrifice some grip but could give you more speed.

I skated on Revision Flex's as they come standard on the flagship skate of Mission's last skate, the NLS1's. It was a good wheel but what bugged me is the profile and behavior changes when the wheel is flipped, so when you rotate the wheels to preserve the life of the wheel, the profile changes.

I've played on a bunch of teams sponsored by Rink Rat and always found their wheels meh. Decent for the price but nothing I'd really look to buy, mainly used them because we got them for free.

I've only heard good things about Konixx but never skated skated on their wheels

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The way addictions work is there's two layers to the wheel, inner and outer layer. The outer layer is always the same hardness but the inner core can vary in hardness. Like you said the Orange ones are a little harder (78a vs standard 76a inner core)

But, yes, it will work the same like any other inline-wheel, using a harder inner core might sacrifice some grip but could give you more speed.

I skated on Revision Flex's as they come standard on the flagship skate of Mission's last skate, the NLS1's. It was a good wheel but what bugged me is the profile and behavior changes when the wheel is flipped, so when you rotate the wheels to preserve the life of the wheel, the profile changes.

I've played on a bunch of teams sponsored by Rink Rat and always found their wheels meh. Decent for the price but nothing I'd really look to buy, mainly used them because we got them for free.

I've only heard good things about Konixx but never skated skated on their wheels

Last Rink Rat wheels I used were probably 2-3 years ago, Duel Identity, and they were meh.

Thanks for the feedback on Revision. I had a feeling they may be better suited for straight 80's rather than a hi-lo setup, especially when it comes down for rotating. I was interested in going with 2 different setups on the revisions w/ the way flex & grip work, but I think you're right, rotating is going to be a pain with them and seem weird.

althoma1

Nov 21, 2013
I use the Konixx Pure +2 wheels and they're the best I have ever used. The last wheels I used before them were the Revision Variant Plus, Revision Steel wheels and mid-range Rink Rat Hot Shots. I haven't used any more recent wheels because the Konixx have been great and very durable. I used to get hub separation sometimes with the old rink Rat Hot Shots and some other wheels, but haven't had any problems with the Pures. I would just get another set of Konixx and maybe move to the +2 if you want more speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad