Inline Hockey Pants: What Happened To Black Biscuit & Built-Rite??

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
My equipment is vintage but I still love it... My hockey pants are probably 8-10 years old... Looking to buy a new pair...

I can't find anything on Black Biscuit anymore... WHich disappoints me because they manufactured the nicest looking inline hockey pants back in a day.... Found a few on Ebay, but nothing in my size...

bf_2.JPG

My current pair of pants are Built-Rite's... But again, like Black Biscuit, I can't find anything on that company anymore...

Anyone know what happened to either company?

I'm really not liking the selection of pants I'm finding from current manufacturers...

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
I remember hearing something about Nexed combining with another company to form Syven. Maybe that's what happened to either Black Biscuit or Built-Rite. Just a guess.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
How does the merging of 2 companies I've never heard of explain what happened to either of the 2 companies I asked about? :huh:

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
I guess I made it too complicated for you.

I was suggesting that if what I heard was true, then perhaps one of the companies you asked about is the one that combined with Nexed to form Syven.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
lol, but no part of your post referenced either of the 2 companies I asked about...

So you're just guessing that either of these 2 companies could have been part of that merger????

BTW, I've never heard of either.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
lol, but no part of your post referenced either of the 2 companies I asked about...

"I remember hearing something about Nexed combining with another company to form Syven. Maybe that's what happened to either Black Biscuit or Built-Rite. Just a guess."

How does that not reference the two companies you asked about???
So you're just guessing that either of these 2 companies could have been part of that merger????
Yes, that is what I meant by "Just a guess."

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
Black Biscuit stayed around, but I believe they are no longer around. Bilt-Rite was a Mission product and they just went ahead and dissolved the name and made Mission protective and pants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad