Inline goalie skates

SaveByHexy

Aug 3, 2003
Visit site
Sorry if there's already a thread on this...please point me there if there is...but can anyone tell me A.) If they make a big difference in play vs. wearing regular skates, and B.) How exactly does the sizing work?

Thanks in advance.

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
i've always gone down in size from my shoe size. I wear size 10 1/2 shoes and size 9 skates, granted it depends on the brand. I never wore goalie skates for roller hockey, and I don't think it would make a big difference. player skates were comfortable enough for me and provide more than enough protection.

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
i've always gone down in size from my shoe size. I wear size 10 1/2 shoes and size 9 skates, granted it depends on the brand. I never wore goalie skates for roller hockey, and I don't think it would make a big difference. player skates were comfortable enough for me and provide more than enough protection.

im pretty sure atleast one difference is the durability of the skate atleast in terms of the Chassis. my teams goalie wears player skates and his broke making a pretty standard play...of course that ended up resulting in a goal and then we had to play with an empty net for 10mins:cry: until he got a new skate

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
The lower chassi and small wheels make balance and movement much improved. Low cut boot allows for ankle freedom, further enhancing your play. Fullmetal is 100% correct. It is down one size from your street shoe. My bad...sorry about that.

fullmetal2405

Feb 3, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
im pretty sure atleast one difference is the durability of the skate atleast in terms of the Chassis. my teams goalie wears player skates and his broke making a pretty standard play...of course that ended up resulting in a goal and then we had to play with an empty net for 10mins:cry: until he got a new skate

I've had my player skates for about 3 years, playing only in goal with them... never had a problem *shrug*

I know there's differences between layer and goalie skates, I do wear goalie skates on ice... Just never seen them for roller. I have seen goalie wheels though

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
No doubt that the players work OK. I used the Mission VSI for a long time. The Bauers were just more suited. Its nothing like trying to wear player skates on ice but even that works well for those who never went with a goaler skate. For roller its that little bit more to help in what I think is a much harder game to play than ice.

kovalev27hf

Aug 3, 2005
nyc
trust me on this its night and day. i always used player skates up until 2 years ago then i bought the bauer 1000's (really only ones out there) and man let me tell you best thing i ever did. i wouldn't go a size down for goalie skates you actually want a little extra room to be able to rock forward and backward in there. so make sure you have a bit extra room almost want the agility of a sneaker trust me on this

Eagle20

Nov 2, 2006
More your personal preference. If you stick with player skates go with smaller wheels obviously. I have player skates and use 58mm on the front and 64mm on the backs. Your still no where near as low as with goalie skates but they seem to work fine for me.

Thiazi

Dec 30, 2006
Goalie skates make a big difference. They are very light and low to the ground with a hard cowling, which will protect your feet from pucks. Also, the 5-wheeled chasis is very nice, since it seems to work better for shuffeling and other goalie manuevers than the traditional 4-wheeled chasis. I currently use the Nike Bauer Vapor XG Lites. They have been very nice so far, though they can be tough to break in. I really like the 47mm wheels, since it puts me a little closer to the ground, though some goalies do complain about losing a little speed when they switched to 47mm wheels. However, if you are willing to wait a couple months, then the new Tour goalie skates, which use 59mm wheels will be out soon. At least one of their models should be priced competively with the XG Lites and they'll use a Labeda chasis and 59 mm Labeda goalie wheels if that makes a difference.

funktasticblues93

Jun 3, 2006
st. louis mo.
a friend of mine went to "play it again sports" and got a cheap pair of ice hockey goalie skates, and just put a chasis on them and he didn't pay to much for them, i'm not sure what he paid but it wasn't the price for a new pair

We'reGonnaWin*

a friend of mine went to "play it again sports" and got a cheap pair of ice hockey goalie skates, and just put a chasis on them and he didn't pay to much for them, i'm not sure what he paid but it wasn't the price for a new pair

where'd he get chassis?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad