Injury Report: Injury updates (Mantha out another month, Green a few weeks)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I do not want Mantha to fight at all. These games are meaningless and the team needs him.

When the games become of some significance then sure. But now no.

We have the players who should de that if needed.

The thing with Muzzin wasn't really a fight, though. It should have been a nothing scrum, some face washing, some mouthing off, and then everyone goes their separate ways. Then Muzzin did that weird hip toss. If we want Mantha to avoid something like that, we'd really have to ask him not to engage at all and that's just not his game.

Instead, I think it would be a bigger help if everyone engaged when they see one of their teammates go into that sort of situation. Maybe I'm alone, but I found it just as alarming that Larkin started to go in and Kapanen started cross checking him, and no one stepped up at all. I'm not saying to immediately fight the guy, but just to step up and let it be known that you don't get to just start crosschecking guys without some sort of response.

That will be one of the biggest changes to this club just to have Givani Smith up, Svech (hopefully), I think Rasmussen has the attitude to step in. These things don't have to escalate to massive line brawls but I can't help but think we need more of these guys willingly stepping up for each other.

Reactions: 14ari13

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
The thing with Muzzin wasn't really a fight, though. It should have been a nothing scrum, some face washing, some mouthing off, and then everyone goes their separate ways. Then Muzzin did that weird hip toss. If we want Mantha to avoid something like that, we'd really have to ask him not to engage at all and that's just not his game.

Instead, I think it would be a bigger help if everyone engaged when they see one of their teammates go into that sort of situation. Maybe I'm alone, but I found it just as alarming that Larkin started to go in and Kapanen started cross checking him, and no one stepped up at all. I'm not saying to immediately fight the guy, but just to step up and let it be known that you don't get to just start crosschecking guys without some sort of response.

That will be one of the biggest changes to this club just to have Givani Smith up, Svech (hopefully), I think Rasmussen has the attitude to step in. These things don't have to escalate to massive line brawls but I can't help but think we need more of these guys willingly stepping up for each other.

That’s why I like why Yzerman is trying to do with this roster. I think he considers familiarity and friendships when acquiring players. It may not be a huge thing for him, but similar to “size” I think it’s a tie breaker.

Perlini is friends with larking
Fabbri is good buddies with Bertuzzi
(Notice the way Bert went after Wagner after the elbow to fabrri)

I think he’s keeping in mind personal relationships when acquiring players and viewing it as a plus. It’s a means to have natural chemistry/comradery as opposed to manufactured.

I also think it will be a huge consideration on draft day. Stutzle and Seider are good friends. They text each other weekly to keep in touch. Doesn’t hurt to have you possible two best prospects/players to already have a natural personal bond.

Also may help when resigning players. Personally I’d take less money to play with my friend.

but when someone runs somebody and your team is filled with true friends they are going to get a hell storm.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I agree, that is exactly what they should do.

I am very impatient to see that our top 6 can do, our healthy top 6 for at least 5 games.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That's from two months ago. Any more recent updates like his recovery is going well or he's going to be paralyzed for life or they reinforced things with adamantium?

I was answering a question on if he was done for the season... Hence the link.

Pretty early in the process for an update there, I haven't seen anything. He was to undergo the procedure on the 18th, if something had gone wrong I think we would know that. My guess is it is too early for a timeline yet.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
For those too young to know about Steve Austin (not the WWE wrestler), but the original bad ass.

upload_2020-2-15_20-29-21.png

upload_2020-2-15_20-29-52.png

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
LOL the original super hero TV show.

Wishing DD the best glad he is trying to get something done hope it works out.

Does anyone know what is the issue and the procedure. Whenever I hear back surgery I just cringe its rarely ever restorative and more just like bolting things together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->