Injury Report: Injury updates (Mantha out another month, Green a few weeks)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
While a punctured lung is serious business, and I'm happy he's doing better, in terms of sports injuries this is pretty good news he didn't bang up anything like a shoulder that could affect his long-term play.

Excited to see Mantha back out on the ice this year. Larkin is definitely missing him, to say nothing of the powerplay.
I am happy it was not a concoction.

Looking forward to seeing him back.

We need him badly.

Reactions: Bench

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
How about Green just takes the rest of the year off. What's there to even gain by him playing? An don't say veteran leadership. He's been terrible this year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
How about Green just takes the rest of the year off. What's there to even gain by him playing? An don't say veteran leadership. He's been terrible this year.

He's a UFA this summer. I assume he wants to get on the ice to show something in hopes of securing another deal.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
So good seeing Green back today, lets all cross our fingers that the motivation of playing for a contender gives him that extra motivation and we can grab a decent return for him.
Has Yzerman ever been a seller before? I honestly dont remember. Just curious what his track record is selling at the TDL.

Reactions: nhlisawesome

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I wonder if management has told him to stop fighting?

It's not that he loses fights, it's that he injures himself in about 75% of the fights he's in.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Do you want a power forward or not? Mantha can do what he wants. He's a big boy. If someone runs Larkin I want Mantha to pummel him
Honestly, if he's going to get hurt each he tries to act tough, he may as well stop. I like our players fighting but Mantha should be disqualified.

I'd rather see Abdelkader take a few for the team.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Honestly, if he's going to get hurt each he tries to act tough, he may as well stop. I like our players fighting but Mantha should be disqualified.

Abby, Smith, Erne, BigE…. there are guys who should actually be earning their paycheck (or at least some of it), no reason for Mantha to fight.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

I disagree. He’s been unlucky with his injuries.

I love the fact that he’ll drop the gloves. He’s a big man. Big men shouldn’t be playing like soft ballerinas. His grit and muscle makes him more of a complete player which a soft team like Detroit needs. Abdelpooper plays like a grandpa. He’s no longer a physical force as he used to be (was he actually ever though?). That leaves Givani Smith as the only other player who plays with a mean streak on our roster. 6 minutes a night isn’t enough policing for this team. I’m not saying Mantha should be fighting every game, but if he wants to fight once in a while to stand up for his team; I’m all for it.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I disagree. He’s been unlucky with his injuries.

I love the fact that he’ll drop the gloves. He’s a big man. Big men shouldn’t be playing like soft ballerinas. His grit and muscle makes him more of a complete player which a soft team like Detroit needs. Abdelpooper plays like a grandpa. He’s no longer a physical force as he used to be (was he actually ever though?). That leaves Givani Smith as the only other player who plays with a mean streak on our roster. 6 minutes a night isn’t enough policing for this team. I’m not saying Mantha should be fighting every game, but if he wants to fight once in a while to stand up for his team; I’m all for it.
Three times unlucky with injuries during fights?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Three times unlucky with injuries during fights?

Yes. That’s correct. I think he’s been unlucky in how he’s been getting hurt. People fight all the time and don’t break their hands or puncture their lungs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It’s going to be so refreshing to get Mantha back. And then zadina. Maybe we’ll see a little offense.

Yeah!

We have seen those 2 together in the same lineup for only 4 games.

Our defensive game has been quite solid in last 5 games. 1-3-3-2-1 conceded goals. 2.00 GAA, no more blowouts.

Just get some offense there and we could enjoy meaningful games again. We are so much behind other teams that it won't hurt to win some games from now on.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
When he comes back, I expect other teams' pests will pay special attention to him. Escalate things to see if they can get into his head about whether he should drop the gloves or not. Tempt him.

It's his job to laugh and skate away.

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
When he comes back, I expect other teams' pests will pay special attention to him. Escalate things to see if they can get into his head about whether he should drop the gloves or not. Tempt him.

It's his job to laugh and skate away.

Yeah, and Abdelkader's job to attack against those a-holes. We need some Bruise Brother mentality to protect our future.

Starting - NOW.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I do not want Mantha to fight at all. These games are meaningless and the team needs him.

When the games become of some significance then sure. But now no.

We have the players who should de that if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad