Injury Report: Injury updates (Mantha out another month, Green a few weeks)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any idea on what it'd cost to acquire AA? Would a couple of 2nd's or a 2nd + Puljujarvi be enough in your eyes?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sounds like a deal to me. Is he a decent passer or just mostly a finisher?

He has all the good and bad of being a one man highlight reel. He’s best on the transition but if he’s off, he looks very bad.

If I were you and acquired him, I would not play him with McDavid. AA is a very puck dominant player. He needs to be the guy on his line with the puck on his stick or you’re asking him to play against his skill set. And on a line of him and McDavid, I want Connor having the puck

Reactions: Darkseider

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Any idea on what it'd cost to acquire AA? Would a couple of 2nd's or a 2nd + Puljujarvi be enough in your eyes?

Id keep him if I couldn’t get a 1st. His style makes him hard to match up with other teammates. He’s kind of a breakout artist. I think he’d fit well on a line with two checkers because he doesn’t really play off teammates. But I can’t imagine the horror him and mcdavid would put on a defense with that speed barreling down on them. I think you keep him on the third line until you are desperate for quick offense, then put him next to mcdavid and say “GO GO GO”

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Id keep him if I couldn’t get a 1st. His style makes him hard to match up with other teammates. He’s kind of a breakout artist. I think he’d fit well on a line with two checkers because he doesn’t really play off teammates. But I can’t imagine the horror him and mcdavid would put on a defense with that speed barreling down on them. I think you keep him on the third line until you are desperate for quick offense, then put him next to mcdavid and say “GO GO GO”
Agreed, however I'd consider a 2nd & a good C/LHD prospect (not b-level), we need talent asap & 1 pick is such a gamble, even more so than AA's bounce back & contract.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Thanks for the reply. I'd be hard pressed to pay a 1st for a non top 6 forward unless it was a high end 3C. The main reason that I'd be looking to acquire him would be to give Connor a decent LW.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I'd be hard pressed to pay a 1st for a non top 6 forward unless it was a high end 3C. The main reason that I'd be looking to acquire him would be to give Connor a decent LW.

you could put him next to mcdavid. I get the feeling if AA went there he’d be a totally different player. You saw what he could do last year on a shit team. I don’t think he wants to be here and that is likely effecting his play. He could get next to mcdavid and flip a switch because he’s happy with his situation. A first COULD be a total steal On your end if everything comes together.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012

AA is most definitely a top 6 forward. He's one season removed from a 30 goal season on one of the worst teams in the league. He's been off this year but he's young and our entire team has been an absolute dumpster fire. The only reason to put AA on the third is to create matchup nightmares for the other team, but do you guys even have that kind of depth?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
AA is most definitely a top 6 forward. He's one season removed from a 30 goal season on one of the worst teams in the league. He's been off this year but he's young and our entire team has been an absolute dumpster fire. The only reason to put AA on the third is to create matchup nightmares for the other team, but do you guys even have that kind of depth?

If Tyler Benson proves to be a very good offensive player we could have 3 scoring lines with Neal on the RW on the 3rd line. That said our bottom 6 has been decent this year and it's a situation where our 2nd line is flat out dominant and McDavid is playing with scraps on the top line. If we get the 1st line going like the 2nd we would be a match-up nightmare. I like AA because he has team control and is young enough to fit into our core group.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Tyler Benson proves to be a very good offensive player we could have 3 scoring lines with Neal on the RW on the 3rd line. That said our bottom 6 has been decent this year and it's a situation where our 2nd line is flat out dominant and McDavid is playing with scraps on the top line. If we get the 1st line going like the 2nd we would be a match-up nightmare. I like AA because he has team control and is young enough to fit into our core group.

I think they would kill people in transition and create lots of odd-man rushes on the same line (McDavid and AA). But I'm not sure how they would play together once they set up in the zone.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think they would kill people in transition and create lots of odd-man rushes on the same line (McDavid and AA). But I'm not sure how they would play together once they set up in the zone.

Might be better to load up McDavid's line a bit and see if AA can be instant offense on the second line. something like Drai-McDavid for the first line, and the RNH with AA on the second line.

Reactions: 14ari13

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
you could put him next to mcdavid. I get the feeling if AA went there he’d be a totally different player. You saw what he could do last year on a **** team. I don’t think he wants to be here and that is likely effecting his play. He could get next to mcdavid and flip a switch because he’s happy with his situation. A first COULD be a total steal On your end if everything comes together.

I also think that they could create a killer line. If the work fine together, they could definitely be a nightmare for opponents.

Yzerman should ask for at least 1st and nothing less.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

Even though I love Mantha, seeing him on a line with mcdavid is the thing my wet dreams are made of. I just don’t think you have anything I’d be interested in to send him your way. But damn that would be an insane duo.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I also think that they could create a killer line. If the work fine together, they could definitely be a nightmare for opponents.

Yzerman should ask for at least 1st and nothing less.

It would depend on where our team sits just before the deadline and if AA has rebounded a bit. If it looks like we'll be drafting 20th or later, I would consider a 1st straight up.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Might be better to load up McDavid's line a bit and see if AA can be instant offense on the second line. something like Drai-McDavid for the first line, and the RNH with AA on the second line.

Our 2nd line right now is on fire and I'd really rather not mess with a really good thing. The idea is that the best offensive player in the league needs some help and the McDavid-Draisaitl combo has been scouted to death so IMO it's better to have them apart ie. Crosby and Malkin than together at ES.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
My God

What Muzzin did was clean LOL

To be fair, the third one was not like the first two. A "rib type injury" as it was described in the past; did he break a few ribs and is dealing with like a stabbing pain when he exerts a lot of effort? Did he bruise a lung and can't put out effort because his breathing is effected? It's a weird one. One that shouldn't have happened, and one that the league should have at a bare minimum should have acknowledged and addressed immediately. Even if they didn't want to punish Muzzin, they should have made it clear that moving forward any kind of lift and slam is unacceptable. I mean for ****s sake, even the NFL doesn't allow tackling that resembles a wrestling throw.

Hmmmm...

Maybe the NHL can address this retroactively and how they mismanaged the situation.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Great to hear that the big guy could be back in about 10 days. We certainly have missed his presence and hoping from now on to stay healthy. I still think the league dropped the ball on Muzzin. Well as you know he lost time with an injury. In my eyes it was a slew foot. If Anthony did not get a punctured lung sounds like he could have been back a lot sooner.

Reactions: 14ari13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
While a punctured lung is serious business, and I'm happy he's doing better, in terms of sports injuries this is pretty good news he didn't bang up anything like a shoulder that could affect his long-term play.

Excited to see Mantha back out on the ice this year. Larkin is definitely missing him, to say nothing of the powerplay.

Reactions: JIM Johnson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->