Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
The Islanders have amazing primary depth, that is their lineup, when healthy, is four lines deep and any line can play any of the opposing team’s lines

There is absolutely no secondary depth. It’s actually shocking how bad they are after a few injuries, albeit to multiple key players

Reactions: Keyserfrans

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
My dream forward lineup with current injuries

Bellows Barzal Ebs
Lee Nelson Beau
Dal Colle Bailey Ho Sang
Martin Koivula Kuhnnackl/Komarov

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ladd waived his NTC, but the Parise deal fell through. Will be interesting to see how that ripples through the organization.

The good news was Clutterbuck was activated. Means he is days away from returning presumably. Getting him and Cizikas back is of paramount importance if the Isles are to have their best shot this playoffs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hate to be THAT guy but a stinger does not keep you out the entire game against a rival down the stretch. Greene will most likely be out a while.
Anyone know where and what happened? I was watching but all I heard was he went to the dressing room and never returned. Hoping for the best.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
We need Zeeker and Clutter back in the worst way possible. Guys like Brassard, MDC, and Koivula just aren’t going to get things done right now.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Nelson-Bailey-
Bellows/Ladd-JPG-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
MDC/Johnston

Now that’s a lineup I’d be comfortable going into battle with.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Hate to be THAT guy but a stinger does not keep you out the entire game against a rival down the stretch. Greene will most likely be out a while.

I disagree. He's not going to get an MRI mid game. If he has enough pain/numbness they hold him out until he can actually be diagnosed. Again, very well may be more than that. But sports injuries are tricky/unpredictable until imaging is done.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
We need Zeeker and Clutter back in the worst way possible. Guys like Brassard, MDC, and Koivula just aren’t going to get things done right now.

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Nelson-Bailey-
Bellows/Ladd-JPG-Komarov
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
MDC/Johnston

Now that’s a lineup I’d be comfortable going into battle with.

Looks good except Komarov needs to put in a submarine and blasted into space. Or on a rocket and blasted into the ocean.

And you forgot Brassard (who I much rather have over Komarov)

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Looks good except Komarov needs to put in a submarine and blasted into space. Or on a rocket and blasted into the ocean.

And you forgot Brassard (who I much rather have over Komarov)

Ah yes, good call on Brassard. I disagree though, I’d probably take Komarov over Brassard. Brassard looks more and more like MDC with every game. I know he’s putting up the numbers but he’s constantly making bonehead plays and I just don’t trust him come playoff time. At least Komarov is good on the PK and doesn’t hurt you anywhere.

Also my problem with knocking Komarov out is that it’ll probably get MDC in which is something I want no part of.

Our problem right now is that we have a ton of left wingers but none of them can really play on their off wing. If we did want to chance that then the most likely outcome would be moving removing Komarov, moving Clutterbuck up to the third line, and popping in MDC or Johnston on the fourth with Zeeker and Martin but now we’re breaking up the line the is a key for us.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I'd bet Greene is out for a bit. Falling onto your chest with your arm stretch out is about the easiest way to hurt your shoulder

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'd bet Greene is out for a bit. Falling onto your chest with your arm stretch out is about the easiest way to hurt your shoulder
Yeah, certainly looked like a shoulder. Hopefully he won't miss more than a few games. If he's out more than 2-4 weeks that would be truly awful.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Ah yes, good call on Brassard. I disagree though, I’d probably take Komarov over Brassard. Brassard looks more and more like MDC with every game. I know he’s putting up the numbers but he’s constantly making bonehead plays and I just don’t trust him come playoff time. At least Komarov is good on the PK and doesn’t hurt you anywhere.

Also my problem with knocking Komarov out is that it’ll probably get MDC in which is something I want no part of.

Our problem right now is that we have a ton of left wingers but none of them can really play on their off wing. If we did want to chance that then the most likely outcome would be moving removing Komarov, moving Clutterbuck up to the third line, and popping in MDC or Johnston on the fourth with Zeeker and Martin but now we’re breaking up the line the is a key for us.
Komarov needs to sit a bit. He left Panarin wide open on his goal last night.

Reactions: PotvinsCups4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad