Injury Report: Injury Thread 2019-20: Pelech Out, Cizikas and Boychuk are healthy

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
This is good. I would think Wahlstrom and probably Bardreau are getting sent down before the game tomorrow. Probably want Wally suiting up in Bridgeport for the weekend

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wahlstrom and Bardreau back to Bridgeport, Dobson back to the press box.
I'd like to keep Bardreau around and try a line of 16-34-32 but if he's only going to play 6 minutes what's the point?

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
So Leddy puts Dobson back in the press box and Bardreau gets another game or two. So what does the team do with Wahlstrom? He's at 9 GP so it's decision time now. Does Koivula replace him or do we burn an ELC year?
That is a good question, I think they might not be concerned about burning the ELC year. What is when he is needed to be called up at a later time in the season?

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
So Leddy puts Dobson back in the press box and Bardreau gets another game or two. So what does the team do with Wahlstrom? He's at 9 GP so it's decision time now. Does Koivula replace him or do we burn an ELC year?
Exactly my concern. I don't see us burning an ELC year since he would clearly benefit from a season at Bridgeport. Koivula is probably the play, it's not like we have much down else there available at the moment

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I don't know if burning a year off his ELC is that big of a deal now with players getting paid at a younger age. Getting him to a larger amount for a longer duration before he hits his peak could work out nicely.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know if burning a year off his ELC is that big of a deal now with players getting paid at a younger age. Getting him to a larger amount for a longer duration before he hits his peak could work out nicely.

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wahlstrom back up at some point and play over the limit to burn the year. I think the number they are more worried about is 40 so we don’t lose a yr towards his restricted free agency status.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Like death and taxes, Otto’s weekly recall is a certainty.

He's the Alert 5 fighter jet on the runway, I feel for him being the 24th man right now. He even takes warmups as I saw he did in the last game. I'd like to see him make his NHL debut and take a lap soon, just to give him his moment and hopefully enough notice for his parents to make the trip. He's like right there too.

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He's the Alert 5 fighter jet on the runway, I feel for him being the 24th man right now. He even takes warmups as I saw he did in the last game. I'd like to see him make his NHL debut and take a lap soon, just to give him his moment and hopefully enough notice for his parents to make the trip. He's like right there too.
What number is he?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
What number is he?

You could see him on the ice during the warmups behind Shannon during the broadcast. She was talking for like a minute so you could see who everyone was out there. Koivula was certainly there, didn't see Wahlstrom's 26 so I knew he was going to be sent back.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Good for Otto. He gets paid like 10x for NHL days right? Hopefully he gets a taste soon, would be fair after all these callups and senddowns..

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Good for Otto. He gets paid like 10x for NHL days right? Hopefully he gets a taste soon, would be fair after all these callups and senddowns..
That’s what I was thinking - for the non-first rounders, the NHL pay days makes a real difference. Might as well pocket whatever you can.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I wonder if emergency recalls makes a difference but I've been trying to see through Capfriendly how much he's banking on these days.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Like death and taxes, Otto’s weekly recall is a certainty.

giphy.gif

Reactions: PWJunior

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
"Ladd is still on LTIR."

Interesting about Ladd. So, they are paying him NHL $ to play in the AHL, AND he is on Isles LTIR?

So we can go out and get a rental for this season?

Keep Ladd down in BP, trade for Namestnikov type player (UFA in 2020), and if we get another injury, Ladd can be taken off of LTIR. Sounds like some creativity going on, or is this regular practise amongst GM's?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
"Ladd is still on LTIR."

Interesting about Ladd. So, they are paying him NHL $ to play in the AHL, AND he is on Isles LTIR?

So we can go out and get a rental for this season?

Keep Ladd down in BP, trade for Namestnikov type player (UFA in 2020), and if we get another injury, Ladd can be taken off of LTIR. Sounds like some creativity going on, or is this regular practise amongst GM's?

He's definitely getting an NHL salary in the AHL, but the Isles are saving ~$1M in cap space. LTIR only benefits a team that is at the cap max, so that really doesn't have implications at all for the team. Not sure if he's actually still on LTIR or if there was some kind of miscommunication.

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad