Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
What happened to Samorukov's shoulder? Edit: Gregor's Oilersnation article said he suffered injury in practice and is likely to need surgery, so sounds like dislocated shoulder maybe?
Yea, sounds like it. I dislocated my shoulder and it took 10 years before I could even make the motion of a slap shot, let alone attempt to put any power in it.

Reactions: bellagiobob

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
How many times have you seen Lennstrom play ?

All of the games this season but sometimes only in the first two periods. He was great agains the Gulls in the first two games, quiet against the Eagles/Knights then good in the last two.

I hated Joel Persson’s game last season. That guy refused to play defense.Lennstrom is not that type of player. Lennstrom is an older two way D that from first viewings is better than Matt Benning (who also played a few games for three Condors and was garbage). I suspect he can handle NHL speed because he skates well and makes quick decisions/passes but who knows. I don’t think he is better than Lagesson nor Jones nor Bouchard but again... I can’t say for certain.

Reactions: bellagiobob

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
u7VdsOI.gif

f***ing christ.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yea, sounds like it. I dislocated my shoulder and it took 10 years before I could even make the motion of a slap shot, let alone attempt to put any power in it.
To be fair you probably didn't get the appropriate immediate imaging to identify any labral, ligament, or biceps lesions, and likely didn't get the immediate and extensive rehabilitation that a professional athlete will get. Obviously a dislocation is not ideal for any athlete, but personal experience doesn't really reflect or provide much insight at all to how this will affect Sammy moving forward.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
To be fair you probably didn't get the appropriate immediate imaging to identify any labral, ligament, or biceps lesions, and likely didn't get the immediate and extensive rehabilitation that a professional athlete will get. Obviously a dislocation is not ideal for any athlete, but personal experience doesn't really reflect or provide much insight at all to how this will affect Sammy moving forward.
oh I know, but for it to need surgery means there was likely major damage to the rotator cuff.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Need to rush because it's Jones.
Lets not be dramatic, Jones has had some rough games but he has also had some solid stretches of play as well. He'll be playing a very limited role if he's eased back into the lineup until he proves deserving of more, and this opens up a bit more opportunity for Bouchard who has be quietly steady defensively the last few games after flaring his offence the previous games with some up and down defence.

The good news about the injuries is we don't have any long-term injuries for who I believe are our true top 6 dmen right now: Nurse, Barrie, Bear, Larsson, Bouchard, and Lagesson. Pretty good mix of physical shutdown and offensive puck movers.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
oh I know, but for it to need surgery means there was likely major damage to the rotator cuff.
It actually likely means there is damage to the labrum, not necessarily the rotator cuff. Labral injuries are by far the most common injury associated with shoulder dislocations and often involve the long head of the biceps tendon. RC injuries can definitely occur, but for a young early 20's athlete rehabbing a RC tear is not that daunting. They often won't even perform RC surgery for a lot of people unless its fully torn because you can usually rehab it without.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Flames just have those types of players. 9/10 guys would not make that hit. There wasn't really a need to. It's like that first Tkachuk hit to Kassian where he goes out of his way to charge at him. I was shocked Kassian wasn't injured or concussed.

They were trying to make a statement. If our org were a bunch of b***** like the Flames, they would neatly show the league quotes on how the Flames said they wanted to have a FU mentality, show the league that this and the Lindholm hit should be suspendable for sh*** and giggles.

See if Parros is out of his concussion yet that he has had permanently and does anything. Can't hurt.

I think that's why Tipps shortened up Mc-D's minutes in the 3rd period.

With the game out of reach you know that "Gee-not-me-ordano" and the Rat were licking their chops whenever they saw #97 on the ice.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
4K injured against the Flames
Yamo injured against the Flames
Russell injured against the Flames (Last Year)
Neal injured against the Flames (Last Year)
McDavid injured against the Flames (Knee-ordano incident)

Also, they attempted to injure McD on two separate plays during that 6-4 loss just this season. And lets not forget when Monahan tried to blindside Nuge with a sucker punch that luckily Nuge dodged and was able to recover and then kick Monahans ass.

Dirt-bag Flames team have been beating up on the Oilers and its worrying that we havent shown a physical response. The wins against them are nice, but we cant be losing a player or two every time we face them. 4K whos looked solid all year is now out, a guy who could have established a spot this year and been a resign option in the off-season. Luckily Yamo is day-to-day so he should be back, but how much can his little body sustain over a career, these little day-t0-day injuries add up and one day we might wonder why Yamo doesn't look the same anymore.

As it sits right now, the media, league, refs, Oilers' coaches and management, and seemingly even the Oilers fanbase have done nothing to shine a spotlight on all these dirty plays. McD had a documentary about the extreme lengths he had to go to to recover from Knee-ordano, and still nothing from anyone regarding the Flames constant cheap attacks on our players and Knee-ordano has since tried to make that exact same play on McD. He also clipped McDs knees on an obvious interference that went unnoticed and uncalled except for a pissed off McD when he realized this bushy eyed piece of shit tried to take him out AGAIN. And this incident happened right after McD came back from injury.

We play the Flames 7 more times this year... as the year goes on the games will get more important and more serious. And since the Flames are slowly figuring out they can't compete with our speed and skill theyll be finding cheap ways to win. We need a response somewhere, even if it has to be off the ice the next time this shit happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

This, I recently pulled my external oblique on the right side. Coughing, sneezing was enough to put me on my knees but got some very useful advice and after a few weeks it's improved drastically. Don't ever pull that muscle, it sucks! lol

Reactions: McFlyingV

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
4K injured against the Flames
Yamo injured against the Flames
Russell injured against the Flames (Last Year)
Neal injured against the Flames (Last Year)
McDavid injured against the Flames (Knee-ordano incident)

Also, they attempted to injure McD on two separate plays during that 6-4 loss just this season. And lets not forget when Monahan tried to blindside Nuge with a sucker punch that luckily Nuge dodged and was able to recover and then kick Monahans ass.

Dirt-bag Flames team have been beating up on the Oilers and its worrying that we havent shown a physical response. The wins against them are nice, but we cant be losing a player or two every time we face them. 4K whos looked solid all year is now out, a guy who could have established a spot this year and been a resign option in the off-season. Luckily Yamo is day-to-day so he should be back, but how much can his little body sustain over a career, these little day-t0-day injuries add up and one day we might wonder why Yamo doesn't look the same anymore.

As it sits right now, the media, league, refs, Oilers' coaches and management, and seemingly even the Oilers fanbase have done nothing to shine a spotlight on all these dirty plays. McD had a documentary about the extreme lengths he had to go to to recover from Knee-ordano, and still nothing from anyone regarding the Flames constant cheap attacks on our players and Knee-ordano has since tried to make that exact same play on McD. He also clipped McDs knees on an obvious interference that went unnoticed and uncalled except for a pissed off McD when he realized this bushy eyed piece of shit tried to take him out AGAIN. And this incident happened right after McD came back from injury.

We play the Flames 7 more times this year... as the year goes on the games will get more important and more serious. And since the Flames are slowly figuring out they can't compete with our speed and skill theyll be finding cheap ways to win. We need a response somewhere, even if it has to be off the ice the next time this shit happens.

Agreed, there's clear intent to injure Oilers players, especially when things aren't going their way. And all they get is 2mins. Hopefully Kassian is back for their next meeting and give him instructions on caving in Johnny Hobbit's head and maybe take Ratchuk out for a season or the rest of his career. Oh wait, those would result in suspensions because it's the Oilers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lets not be dramatic, Jones has had some rough games but he has also had some solid stretches of play as well. He'll be playing a very limited role if he's eased back into the lineup until he proves deserving of more, and this opens up a bit more opportunity for Bouchard who has be quietly steady defensively the last few games after flaring his offence the previous games with some up and down defence.

The good news about the injuries is we don't have any long-term injuries for who I believe are our true top 6 dmen right now: Nurse, Barrie, Bear, Larsson, Bouchard, and Lagesson. Pretty good mix of physical shutdown and offensive puck movers.
Jones is making undisciplined pinches this season which single handedly cause goals against.

Reactions: North

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Jones is making undisciplined pinches this season which single handedly cause goals against.
True but that was also the start of the year when the team as a whole was playing pretty awful. I think he'll settle down with him getting a lot of practice time and they can shelter him until Bear/Lagesson are back.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
True but that was also the start of the year when the team as a whole was playing pretty awful. I think he'll settle down with him getting a lot of practice time and they can shelter him until Bear/Lagesson are back.
If that clip of him submarining Turris is any indication of how he’s been in practice, that’s not a good sign.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
our D depth has taken a bit of a hit

who would have thought having 9 d on the roster still would not be enough

It's pretty common to see 10 defensemen dressed at some point throughout a season, so it wasn't a surprise to see 9 between the taxi squad and roster, the surprising part was the 9 on the actual roster. With 4K done until playoffs or at least late in the season, the dynamic will be better now with 8 on the roster and 1 taxi. Will be even better once Winnipeg waives Forsberg after Comrie clears quarantine so that we have a goalie on the taxi squad that might actually be able to play against someone other than Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad