Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Let’s see how Lennstrom handles NHL speed. I feel more confident about him than Stanton or Keegan Lowe (last season). Niemelainen is next but he’s not as polished as Lennstrom.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I’m starting to think the Klefbom Kassian and Bear injuries are just what we needed

I know that sounds stupid

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I’m starting to think the Klefbom Kassian and Bear injuries are just what we needed

I know that sounds stupid
That's part of the wonderment of a season. You don't want to lose your top guys, but when you have some injuries, it is interesting to see who shows up and some guys get to play that wouldn't have before and you see what you really have.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
The Flames just have those types of players. 9/10 guys would not make that hit. There wasn't really a need to. It's like that first Tkachuk hit to Kassian where he goes out of his way to charge at him. I was shocked Kassian wasn't injured or concussed.

They were trying to make a statement. If our org were a bunch of b***** like the Flames, they would neatly show the league quotes on how the Flames said they wanted to have a FU mentality, show the league that this and the Lindholm hit should be suspendable for sh*** and giggles.

See if Parros is out of his concussion yet that he has had permanently and does anything. Can't hurt.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The Flames just have those types of players. 9/10 guys would not make that hit. There wasn't really a need to. It's like that first Tkachuk hit to Kassian where he goes out of his way to charge at him. I was shocked Kassian wasn't injured or concussed.

They were trying to make a statement. If our org were a bunch of b***** like the Flames, they would neatly show the league quotes on how the Flames said they wanted to have a FU mentality, show the league that this and the Lindholm hit should be suspendable for sh*** and giggles.

See if Parros is out of his concussion yet that he has had permanently and does anything. Can't hurt.
I can't find the Yamo injury, is that the Lindholm hit?

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I hope it was just a "Have to stay in the quiet room for 15 min" type of thing. Kind of annoying that they are dead silent on it. All I seen was blood from his nose I think.

Lindholm, that sneaky dirty POS, rammed him in the numbers from behind. Yammo flew into the boards and another Flame. Just another gutless coward on their roster. One of those fake tough guys who would run if confronted. I wish the Oilers slashed the sh** out of him or at least made his life miserable from that moment.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

spoutbec

Jun 27, 2015
It was worse than Connor McDavid's hit on Nick Leddy a couple years ago that he got a 2 game suspension for. If there is no suspension for this hit (it doesn't seem like there will be), it sends a message that the league only cares about player safety if that player is not an Oiler.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
People laugh at Ottawa for their Michael Haley signing but I think it would have been a 700k much better spent than on Alan Quine.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
It was worse than Connor McDavid's hit on Nick Leddy a couple years ago that he got a 2 game suspension for. If there is no suspension for this hit (it doesn't seem like there will be), it sends a message that the league only cares about player safety if that player is not an Oiler.

Yeah blindside hit so Koekkoek wasn't prepared to brace for the hit, and Koekkoek didn't touch the puck so it was interference which is what the ref called. The Lindholm hit on Yamo was blatantly from behind in that dangerous area 4 feet from the boards and caused an injury. The league clearly isn't protecting Oilers' players. Two dirty hits, two Oilers injured, zero accountability.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Klefbom - shoulder - out for season
Kassian - hand - week to week
Bear - concussion - week to week
Lagesson - wrist - day to day
Turris - knee - day to day
4K - collarbone - out for season
Honey Badger - unknown
Dmitri Samorukov - shoulder - out for season
(I put him in there because he could have been a call-up for 4K)
Welcome to me all!

Team LTIR getting stronger by day

Klefbom-Bear
Lagesson-KK
Samurai

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
The NHL is such a joke. Bennett's hit was illegal (he got a penalty) and he ended a guy's season with an illegal hit. Supplemental punishment = zero. Basically a player got sent out with a message to hurt someone or his career will be junked, he did it, and there are no consequences for player or team. I hope the league gets its ass sued off by players for longterm neglect of player safety. That's the only thing the neanderthals who run the league understand.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

u7VdsOI.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yeah blindside hit so Koekkoek wasn't prepared to brace for the hit, and Koekkoek didn't touch the puck so it was interference which is what the ref called. The Lindholm hit on Yamo was blatantly from behind in that dangerous area 4 feet from the boards and caused an injury. The league clearly isn't protecting Oilers' players. Two dirty hits, two Oilers injured, zero accountability.

It really is disturbing that the Flames know they have impunity, and take full advantage of it with cheapshot after cheapshot. Even worse that gutless spot picker pukes like Lindholm lead the way. Guy would never answer the bell if asked to scrap. Baffles me why the league loves the Flames so much and continues to allow it.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Let’s see how Lennstrom handles NHL speed. I feel more confident about him than Stanton or Keegan Lowe (last season). Niemelainen is next but he’s not as polished as Lennstrom.
How many times have you seen Lennstrom play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad