Injury Report: Injury Thread '21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So Kassian was injured on April 21st, which was 2.5 weeks ago already. If they are saying that he is iffy to be back for the playoffs, which don't start for another 10 days, that means he would have been out for about a month at that point. I'm guessing he suffered some sort of knee injury, given the hit that caused it, how he looked after and the length of time he is out. Maybe a sprain of some sort?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Klefbom - shoulder - out for season
Dmitri Samorukov - shoulder - out for season
Dylan Holloway - broken thumb - out for season
Phillip Broberg - Covid Protocol (quarantine) - 1 week (eligible May 9)
4K - collarbone - earliest return date May15
Zac Kassian - LBI - earliest return date May15
Joakim Nygard - hand - day to day
Kris Russell - LBI - day to day
Gaetan Haas - Foot - day to day
Dmitri Kulikov - Foot - day to day
Was it confirmed that Holloway is done for the season? I know his interview 3 weeks back he said he was 4 weeks away from being able to play. Was just wondering if they might bring him into Bake for the playoffs. Marody and Benson could definitely use a speedy puck carrying centre with the loss of McLeod. They've been far less effective since McLeod's call up.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So Kassian was injured on April 21st, which was 2.5 weeks ago already. If they are saying that he is iffy to be back for the playoffs, which don't start for another 10 days, that means he would have been out for about a month at that point. I'm guessing he suffered some sort of knee injury, given the hit that caused it, how he looked after and the length of time he is out. Maybe a sprain of some sort?
I don't remember the hit exactly aside from him going into the boards to finish a hit, but yes a grade 1/2 sprain of the ACL or MCL is most likely given the time line. Return to sport is usually in the 3-6 weeks timeline for that depending on the severity within each grade.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Was it confirmed that Holloway is done for the season? I know his interview 3 weeks back he said he was 4 weeks away from being able to play. Was just wondering if they might bring him into Bake for the playoffs. Marody and Benson could definitely use a speedy puck carrying centre with the loss of McLeod. They've been far less effective since McLeod's call up.

His contract starts next season with the Oilers so injury or contractually he is done till next season.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Stauffer stated during the pre game show today that KRussel & Kassian are skating together in Edmonton.

Gotta figure both of them will be ready in another week from now. I would hope so anyhow.

I like Russell over Jones on the left side for the playoffs. Not as pretty of a player, but will get the hard out when needed and won't have the large gaffes as much. Against a team like Winnipeg, that can fill the net with the best of them, limiting our chances against is how we will win the series. We have enough offence to carry the day without Jones anyhow.

Say what you will about Kassian's play the past 2 years, and there is lots to say, but he really is tailor-made for playoff hockey and could be the deciding factor in a game. Winnipeg is also a bigger team, so having more size in the lineup, while always good in the playoffs, is even more important against a bigger team.

Reactions: Moreaupheus

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
5. Zack Kassian skated with the Taxi Squad this week. He is close to returning and will no doubt be in the coach’s ear to play Wednesday. Kassian’s type is valuable. But I’d be surprised if all of Jesse Puljujarvi, Kailer Yamamoto, Alex Chiasson and Josh Archibald are not in the initial starting lineup. If Devin Shore (who I expect to start Game 1 at 4LW) falters and Kassian is ready, I could see Archibald swinging over to the port side.

Source-Kurt Leavins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad