Injury Report: Injury Thread 2018-19 [Klefbom (Finger Surgery, Out 2 Months)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Does anyone have any idea when anyone is due back?

Not a peep about anyone from the Oilers.

I don't even know what injuries any of them actually have.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

no idea on timelines, other than none of them are close right now.... gregor was saying last week (i think maybe thursday?) that they were all "weeks away" still

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
no idea on timelines, other than none of them are close right now.... gregor was saying last week (i think maybe thursday?) that they were all "weeks away" still

I would love for them to get Caggiula into the line up so we could see what he can do in an NHL regular season game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Oddly enough who really cares this year? Isn't it actually nice not to be in this thread everyday hoping someone is coming back or not debating about how we are bringing a guy back too early?

When is the last time that we didn't need to bank on the IR to get a body back?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Each one has either a lower or upper body injury. The middle parts of the body with all of them seem ok. :)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
See... there's like 6 injuries already... and the season is 6 games old. Fairly long term injuries as well it seems.

This is exactly why the team needs more depth and any trade talks in the rumours/proposals thread should be tempered down.

The Oilers are just lucky that everyone on IR are secondary type players... if they would have been missing 6 players in the top6F/top4D they'd be in pretty dire straights now and the record would probably be closer to 1-5 rather than 5-1.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
See... there's like 6 injuries already... and the season is 6 games old. Fairly long term injuries as well it seems.

This is exactly why the team needs more depth and any trade talks in the rumours/proposals thread should be tempered down.

The Oilers are just lucky that everyone on IR are secondary type players... if they would have been missing 6 players in the top6F/top4D they'd be in pretty dire straights now and the record would probably be closer to 1-5 rather than 5-1.

Pretty much every team if they were missing that many players from important positions would be in a world of hurt.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Is Ference still injured? My 85 year old mother heals faster than him titanium hips heart stents and all.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Is Ference still injured? My 85 year old mother heals faster than him titanium hips heart stents and all.

Despite the glibness of this comment, my understanding is that Ference's hip literally won't heal. It will not get him back to the point where he will play hockey again (2 years on LTIR) and might have lasting effects.

It's a very serious injury.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011

he had major surgery in july, so we are 3 months out. he's not ready to play professional hockey, and never will again.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
he had major surgery in july, so we are 3 months out. he's not ready to play professional hockey, and never will again.

Had a good career. Hope he heals well enough for regular life.
Wonder if he will retire before seasons end or stay on ir

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Do you guys think Pakarinen will be able to grab a roster spot if, when he comes back, his play is at the same level as last season?
I've always liked him and even though there isn't any high end potential in his game, at worst he brings energy when he's on the ice and rarely, if ever, does he hurt the team.
Plus those type of guys are a godsend when trying to balance the salary cap books.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm really curious to see Caggiula in the lineup. Certainly looked good in pre-season... one of the better Oilers and could really add some spark to the offense.

Davidson could add something with that shot of his as well... and he's solid defensively.

Hendricks and Pak both have some decent energy for the bottom line... but the 4th line really hasn't been an issue with this team so far... it's actually been a strength, solid on the PK and adding some offense as well.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm really curious to see Caggiula in the lineup. Certainly looked good in pre-season... one of the better Oilers and could really add some spark to the offense.

Davidson could add something with that shot of his as well... and he's solid defensively.

Hendricks and Pak both have some decent energy for the bottom line... but the 4th line really hasn't been an issue with this team so far... it's actually been a strength, solid on the PK and adding some offense as well.

Caggiula looked like a bull against the boards and had a real "quick stick"

But his skull and face are too "elbow height" to really play like a bulldog. Keep your head up? they say? if anything he should duck.

But I agree he will be a snazzy edition.

When is Drake "I Slam in the back of my" Caggiula back?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Do you guys think Pakarinen will be able to grab a roster spot if, when he comes back, his play is at the same level as last season?
I've always liked him and even though there isn't any high end potential in his game, at worst he brings energy when he's on the ice and rarely, if ever, does he hurt the team.
Plus those type of guys are a godsend when trying to balance the salary cap books.
I do. I think he takes Pitlick's spot. He's an excellent PKer and has speed. Maybe he takes Lander's spot but Lander is the only guy who seems to be able to win faceoffs at a high rate other than Letestu.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Injured in the Islanders game (11/5/16), status updates in the post game from McLellan.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Really hope Jesse is alright. Hopefully Drake is coming back sometime soon its been like a month since he first went down and like no information or timeline has been given. Seems very Klefbomesque.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Hope Kass and Jesse P aren't too serious. Sucks how tight the team is with this kind of info these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->