Injury Report: Injury report (Enstrom, Byfuglien, Scheifele, Tanev)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Mason has a concussion. There is no timeline given for those injuries. He has been joining the morning skates halfway through and facing shots so one could guess he is getting pretty close.

Enstrom likely has a high ankle sprain. He was injured on Nov 18. Timeline given was 8 weeks (Return aprx Jan 15) which would be upper end of expected recovery for his injury (if it's a sprain) so there always a possibility he returns earlier but probably not at least until after Christmas sometime.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mason gets a St. Louis game next weekend, which one to be determined!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Mason took a shot off the helmet today during morning skate, so we may have an update on him after the game.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
Mason took a shot off the helmet today during morning skate, so we may have an update on him after the game.
FFS guys, was that absolutely necessary?
But for real, that's what you can call bad luck, if it caused a new concussion :ha:

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Assuming Buff tweaked something, who do we call up? As of now Poolman needs to take Chiatot’s spot (please, for the love of God), but I haven’t been watching the Moose closely enough this year to predict who gets the nod. Melchs? Niku?

Reactions: adammlis

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Assuming Buff tweaked something, who do we call up? As of now Poolman needs to take Chiatot’s spot (please, for the love of God), but I haven’t been watching the Moose closely enough this year to predict who gets the nod. Melchs? Niku?

Probably Melchiori. Don't want Niku in the PB

Reactions: jefferoni

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Probably Melchiori. Don't want Niku in the PB

Jets are big on experience. So Melchiori is next up. But too be fair from limited seeing I would rather Melchiori at #9 sitting WPG pressbox over Niku who is great but still needs work where PB duty won't help him. So agreed.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jets are big on experience. So Melchiori is next up. But too be fair from limited seeing I would rather Melchiori at #9 sitting WPG pressbox over Niku who is great but still needs work where PB duty won't help him. So agreed.

My thought as well. I'd only want Niku with the big team if he's actually going to get ice time. Sit Melchiori in the PB if you want insurance / a warm body to put on the ice.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Aren't both teams in the city for the next few days? If so we really don't need to call anyone up until after Thursday if needed.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Aren't both teams in the city for the next few days? If so we really don't need to call anyone up until after Thursday if needed.

Yes the call up could technically wait until then but it's more likely they call someone up in time for the midweek practice(s) so the player can acclimatize himself and vice versa.

Edit:Moose next game is on the road on Friday so they will leave Winnipeg on Thursday

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Any update on Mason since he took a shot off the mask in practice? We really need him back in the fold.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Any update on Mason since he took a shot off the mask in practice? We really need him back in the fold.

No updates at all from yesterday. GD skate in about an hour. No practice tomorrow. I wouldn't expect a Mason roster move until Wednesday at the earliest.

IMG_0257.jpg

Reactions: ps241

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
That sucks. Pretty big blow for us especially with Toby out long term. Poolman is going to get a long look now hopefully he's up to the task, especially playing with Ben.
probably a 2-3 week look. that isn't really a long look...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->