Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Been skating for awhile, but Stauffer has had some bad comments on him lately. Apparently looks pretty bad in practice.

Seems like he will be one more bottom pairing d-man this season. Then again him playing 12-14 minutes struggling, might not be the end of the world long term for us.
Except that he makes 6 million. Unless you are saying he eventually regains some of his past self back?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Except that he makes 6 million. Unless you are saying he eventually regains some of his past self back?
I never think he'll get back there. I don't even know if he can ever get to Russell territory.

Him playing 12-14 minutes a night and probably being health scratched makes him think long and hard about his career. Maybe there is a mutual termination or an agreement to go on LTIR. Yes there is a lot of money on the line still, but with his NMC going to NTC next year does he want to end up in the AHL?

I mean sure best case scenario is he comes back and gets better as the year goes on and plays well in the World's. But at this point I'm not taking that bet.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That sucks about Sekera. Hopefully he just needs more time to build some strength in his feet.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Did Russell have his fking entire groin removed and replaced with mechanical parts????

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I never think he'll get back there. I don't even know if he can ever get to Russell territory.

Him playing 12-14 minutes a night and probably being health scratched makes him think long and hard about his career. Maybe there is a mutual termination or an agreement to go on LTIR. Yes there is a lot of money on the line still, but with his NMC going to NTC next year does he want to end up in the AHL?

I mean sure best case scenario is he comes back and gets better as the year goes on and plays well in the World's. But at this point I'm not taking that bet.
It is very unlikely that Sekera would accept a mutual termination since he would be leaving $9 M on the table. However, I could see an agreement for him to go on long-term LTIR.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

200.gif

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Any word on Klefbom? How long has it been now? Must be at least 3-4 weeks since it happened. Maybe half way there? Hope he can somehow come back in the next 2 weeks. That would be huge.

Last edited:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Any word on Klefbom? How long has it been now? Must be at least 3-4 weeks since it happened. Maybe half way there? Hope he can somehow come back in the next 2 weeks. That would be huge.
Some were specukating (630, and someone else) that he could be back just before the break.

I think after is the best bet though. I know it's just a finger but considering his history I would not try to rush things...

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Stauffer was saying he’ll for sure be back after the break.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So when is Sekera going to start his conditioning in Bakersfield ? The next Olympics ?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Klefbom was hurt Dec 12 I believe against Colorado. I believe we are in week 4 Klefbom injury. Tuesday night game in SJ is a tough one but after that we have a good home stretch then the all star break. Believe it or not, we could have a healthy line up early Feb. We r only 2 points out with a game in hand

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Klefbom was hurt Dec 12 I believe against Colorado. I believe we are in week 4 Klefbom injury. Tuesday night game in SJ is a tough one but after that we have a good home stretch then the all star break. Believe it or not, we could have a healthy line up early Feb. We r only 2 points out with a game in hand
Unfortunately we've also got to jump 2 other teams. And one of those teams, the Wild, has 2 games in hand on us.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Saw it on my TL, but correct me if I'm wrong. Stauffer said Klef could be back by the 19th? Would be huge.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Unfortunately we've also got to jump 2 other teams. And one of those teams, the Wild, has 2 games in hand on us.

The 2 teams we have to jump are Vancouver and Anaheim. We have 3 games in hand on Vancouver and 1 on Anaheim. Minnesota has very tough schedule in March. We play them Feb 7 in Minnesota. Hopefully with a full healthy line-up

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Saw it on my TL, but correct me if I'm wrong. Stauffer said Klef could be back by the 19th? Would be huge.
Saw it as well.

Seems like such a random date though, why not the 16th or the 20th?

Great news though that he looks to be back already before the break.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Saw it as well.

Seems like such a random date though, why not the 16th or the 20th?

Great news though that he looks to be back already before the break.
Because it’s the BOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->